• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WOW….

I'm kind of curious too.

How do things work up there in Snow Mexico?

Sounds like it's a "Commonwealth Realm" of the UK, with the queen on the back of their $20s, but the PM serves as the acting Supreme Commander of Canukistan. They have a parliament, but who the fuck knows what it actually does as we never hear about it stateside.

Someone educate me.
The PM’s Powers re: Executive and Legislative Branches

The prime minister exerts significant influence over the executive branch of government through controlling ministerial appointments.[5] According to convention, he or she has the power to appoint, assign and dismiss cabinet members. This means that while the prime minister cannot force members of Parliament to take a specific position, cabinet ministers can be motivated to adopt the prime minister’s views because they are afraid to lose their positions. The prime minister’s indirect influence on an MP’s decision-making power has led to some criticisms about buying loyalty, since the MP’s ability to represent the best interests of his or her constituency could be jeopardized in certain situations where the MP feels pressured to side with the prime minister.[6]

The prime minister can also have substantial influence over the legislative branch of government, as the ability to decide the timing of a federal election allows him or her to better control what and when laws will be passed.[7] In Canada, bills can be passed through either the House of Commons or the Senate.[8] They must move through three readings “in the House where it is starting from, where parliamentarians debate the idea behind the bill.”[9]Once the bill passes the third reading or debate, it passes to the other house, where it goes through the same stages and it becomes law once it has been given to the Governor General for royal assent.[10] This process of passing a bill into law is interrupted when the prime minister recommends that the Governor General dissolve Parliament, thereby triggering a federal election. With dissolution, all government and private members’ bills “die,” which means that they will be dropped if they have not yet received royal assent by the time Parliament is dissolved.[11]

Reactions: vinniedelpino
I knew this was coming and is why I moved to Kentucky.

Long and short of "how"

In a system like the UK or Canada, the Executive Branch (aka President) and Legislative Branch (Congress) are combined. The "Executive" is Elected by the Legislative.

As an analogy, in the US, Imagine there is no Senate or President. Now the House of Representatives elects its leader, and that leader is the Executive. There is no other house to "check" and no independent executive to "Veto"

This right here is why your House/Senate votes matter so much. A divided government makes it hard to just willy-nilly decide one day "oh yeah today we're gonna ban handguns"
You need to clear House, Senate, AND President (in the US)

Imagine a world where the House in the only chamber. That's right, a world where Pelosi is your Prime Minister (aka head of the Legislative Branch!)

/soapbox off

Gotta make a border run for uhhhhh Beeer. Yeah that's it good Canadian Beer.... Or some Hockey

There are a lot of good questions in this thread. There are some excellent statements. At the same time, there are some inane comments, as well as a few ignorant views.

All of which pretty much every crowd will have, on pretty much every topic. Thing is though, here on this site, dealing with this topic,,,, sure makes a guy scratch his head and say "......huh?"

Our Minority government have made a deal with an even minority'er party, and the two of them have ganged-up to create a 'quasi-majority' and hence they are ramming their OIC's (Order In Council) through. That is 'our' version of what ya'll call "Executive Orders".

Ya'll have some real rocket-surgeons for 'fellow brethren' whom tout the wonders of "More than a two Party system". Please, seeing as they are so insanely stupid to grasp this debacle on their own, For-The-Love-Of-God ,,,, grab these idiots and rub their noses/faces into the fact that THIS is what happens when you have a 'more than 2 party system'. Draw it with side-walk chalk and then staple it to their foreheads.

Others have done a great job explaining the details and intricacies of how the system works up here. (if you can call it that) And yes, LESS THAN HALF of my fellow countrymen voted for this crap. Hence why it's being rammed down all of our throats at the moment. Because of the 'authority' of the government principle and the absolute subjecture of the electorate.

Myself, I have FAITH that we're going to have another government, a different one, that is going to 'undo' all of this lawlessness and "Law Abiding Citizens" are actually going to be 'FREE' again. Otherwise, this is then a communist country and that is NOT one that our forefathers faught for, nor built.

All communists should be run out on rails, and "public hangings in the towne square" should be spectator sports again.

There are a lot of good questions in this thread. There are some excellent statements. At the same time, there are some inane comments, as well as a few ignorant views.

All of which pretty much every crowd will have, on pretty much every topic. Thing is though, here on this site, dealing with this topic,,,, sure makes a guy scratch his head and say "......huh?"

Our Minority government have made a deal with an even minority'er party, and the two of them have ganged-up to create a 'quasi-majority' and hence they are ramming their OIC's (Order In Council) through. That is 'our' version of what ya'll call "Executive Orders".

Ya'll have some real rocket-surgeons for 'fellow brethren' whom tout the wonders of "More than a two Party system". Please, seeing as they are so insanely stupid to grasp this debacle on their own, For-The-Love-Of-God ,,,, grab these idiots and rub their noses/faces into the fact that THIS is what happens when you have a 'more than 2 party system'. Draw it with side-walk chalk and then staple it to their foreheads.

Others have done a great job explaining the details and intricacies of how the system works up here. (if you can call it that) And yes, LESS THAN HALF of my fellow countrymen voted for this crap. Hence why it's being rammed down all of our throats at the moment. Because of the 'authority' of the government principle and the absolute subjecture of the electorate.

Myself, I have FAITH that we're going to have another government, a different one, that is going to 'undo' all of this lawlessness and "Law Abiding Citizens" are actually going to be 'FREE' again. Otherwise, this is then a communist country and that is NOT one that our forefathers faught for, nor built.

All communists should be run out on rails, and "public hangings in the towne square" should be spectator sports again.
Glad to see you here, Sean.

I do believe that our Bill of Rights is unique in human history, conveys inalienable rights to the individual for the most part, and is protection of that individual from the "tyranny of the majority" which is what you are experiencing right now in Canada.

And yes, like most groups of people, we have some highly intelligent, knowledgeable, and erudite members and others who I wonder how they have sufficient brain stem to actually keep their heart and lungs working. And no, I ain't naming names. haha

George Carlin once opined "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.'" haha

Best of luck getting rid of the sniveling shithead you have now for a PM and returning to even a semblance of freedom from tyranny.

Welcome back brother.

Doc

I don’t have faith voting is going to change anything. I’ve experienced the careless cunts most Canadians are towards independent thought over the last 2 1/2 yrs. This is late thirties Germany all over again.

I don’t have faith voting is going to change anything. I’ve experienced the careless cunts most Canadians are towards independent thought over the last 2 1/2 yrs. This is late thirties Germany all over again.
You're not wrong. It seems though, that 'the tide is turning' considering all the provinces that have stated they won't support the federal mandate. I get that 'time will tell' and all that, but I'm more concerned with 'HOW' it's going to be told.

As I've stated, this is NOT the country that our forefathers fought for, or built.

Reactions: Emerson0311
You're not wrong. It seems though, that 'the tide is turning' considering all the provinces that have stated they won't support the federal mandate. I get that 'time will tell' and all that, but I'm more concerned with 'HOW' it's going to be told.

As I've stated, this is NOT the country that our forefathers fought for, or built.
Get used too it, it ain’t goin away…….

Just a small point… the bill of rights doesn’t convey shit. It limits the power of the government to trample the rights held by every citizen by virtue of their existence. The rights are conveyed by God, if you believe in such things.

Just a small point… the bill of rights doesn’t convey shit. It limits the power of the government to trample the rights held by every citizen by virtue of their existence. The rights are conveyed by God, if you believe in such things.
And another small point…the exact words used were “inalienable rights”.

Cheers

Reactions: sirhrmechanic