• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms WOW - smoking good deal!!!!

Done!!
Thank you Frank and the mods for all the hard work, truly appreciate it. This site has such a wealth of information!
I have gotten so many great deals here as well!!!

Reactions: Tucker301
Regarding supporting the site (and not just the PX) its certainly worth the content to subscribe to the Online training. $18/month is a steal. Some months I use the hell out of it, some, not so much...but I never regret the investment.

this donation thread is one of the things that got me off the fence regarding the online training as well. i signed up last night after donating my $20.

like you said $18/month is a steal

@lowlight
What if some of the massive threads (like motivational pic thread) with tens of thousands of posts had the first 30,000 deleted? Most of those pics that were posted waaaay back then don’t even work anymore.
Just a thought to free up some space.
please no one crucify me ?

• Sad
Reactions: deersniper
@lowlight
What if some of the massive threads (like motivational pic thread) with tens of thousands of posts had the first 30,000 deleted? Most of those pics that were posted waaaay back then don’t even work anymore.
Just a thought to free up some space.
please no one crucify me ?

I'm actually looking into that already. Waiting a response to a PM.
I want to make sure that deleting the posts also removes the uploaded images.
Another helpful tactic is to use an image host. That's been a problem lately because Photobucket went into full suck mode and Imgur seems to want to go the same way, only to a lesser degree for now.

This one shows promise.

Yes I remember the days when Photobucket was a great option. I used it to host a lot of my eBay pics.

I was lookingthrough the site and there are quite a few non essential threads on here with a ton of posts.
Deleting the old will help, but likeyou said, only if it deletes the attached photos as well.

Done! Been around for a while and have never seen the option to donate. This site has been really helpful to me over the years and made me spend a ton of money. Thank you for the heads up!

Another helpful tactic is to use an image host. That's been a problem lately because Photobucket went into full suck mode and Imgur seems to want to go the same way, only to a lesser degree for now.

This one shows promise.

Or you know, why let some technocrat get the money / views for image hosting.... Perhaps a couple dollars thrown on top of the online training subscription that allows you do continue uploading your images directly to the site here?

Reactions: deersniper
I'm actually looking into that already. Waiting a response to a PM.
I want to make sure that deleting the posts also removes the uploaded images.

This one shows promise.
I would pay a monthly fee to be able to use the image uploading here. It works sooooooo easy. Third party image hosting seems to all suck

Yes I remember the days when Photobucket was a great option. I used it to host a lot of my eBay pics.

I was lookingthrough the site and there are quite a few non essential threads on here with a ton of posts.
Deleting the old will help, but likeyou said, only if it deletes the attached photos as well.
I would prefer not to delete the old threads in the tech sections. Old threads have answered a lot of questins for me. Everyone always yells “use the search feature lol “

I don;t think it all related to image uploads

I have an optimizer on the server, not sure it is working correctly I am actually going to have them look at it this week

But it's not just a change in images,

The image uploads didn;t change in the last 2 months, the traffic is increasing via Google Analytics in that we have more users, spending more time on the site

I am going to prune the PX this weekend, delete everything older than a year

there are some bigger files making it through, I did see a couple 22MB Images

But 90% are under 2MB

I don't see a file size limit, only an image size limit

So we limit it to 1280x but guys are slipping in some bigger files

I will see about adjusting it all today and tomorrow since the dealer decided they needed my truck more than I do and have had it for 3 days with barely a word when it will be finished - so much for an oil change

Reactions: Ravenyzf-r6
6A9F44E4-3440-427B-A834-F77ECC50CEBA.png

Just now seeing this thread. I’m all paid up.
Question I have that may have been answered in the past five pages is there a way to tell if you are dealing with someone who has contributed to this?

Reactions: D_TROS and Fitz
Done. Just did that. Your title when i first read it I thought is some scam LOL :)

I appreciate the site, I remembered I suggested some feedback system. Lowlight made it happened, so why not pitch in a bit of my part to keep it going. Great people on this site :)

Just throwing this out there too,

If people really want to support @lowlight just subscribe to the online training. TBH I used the videos for a month and after that I'd already watched them all. I just left the reoccurring payment of $15 bucks or whatever it is out of gratitude. It's a good way to pay your dues.

Reactions: NomadR3E and Fitz
I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I actually don't care if Frank shuts down the PX or not. I can only imagine the headaches that one section of the site cause for him & the other moderators.

With that being said, I donated as well. Until today I was unaware of this feature. Sniper Hide's value to me is so much more than what the PX offers, I'm sure most would agree. Went ahead & took the opportunity to sign up for the online training too. Been meaning to do it for awhile but haven't made it a priority until now.

Thanks for bringing my attention to this, @D_TROS .