• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTB a helping hand from a mod

The real spife would know how many grains of cfeblk he told me to put under a 220g in my blackout sub load.

Im the real @spife7980 and my account has been hacked. My email was changed from [email protected] to [email protected]

I know that because I found a hide message about it in my spam folder from 6:58 am

They have also changed my password so Im locked out.

I can see that "Im" online engaged in conversation presumably trying to scam people. So hopefully this casts the largest net to get it corrceted

So can a mod on here reach out and lets get this nipped in the bud?
Copy Spife...let me ban the account

Reactions: lash
Im deleting this duplicate, thanks for the fun morning stranger from the internet.

Edit: I cant figure out how to delete this duplicate account
To be clear, you want the 7981 account deleted?

Okay, I've let the Tech Team Lead know, so she can delete the account cleanly, while LL is out working.

Reactions: MCHOG and lash
Okay 7981 account has been removed. @spife7980 I added a security measure on your account so you're required to change your password. Also, we recommend adding 2-step verification to your account for extra security in the future.

Okay 7981 account has been removed. @spife7980 I added a security measure on your account so you're required to change your password. Also, we recommend adding 2-step verification to your account for extra security in the future.

It looks like the 2 factor setting would make you have to do 2 factor stuff every log in?
Is it possible to set the 2 factor setting to only require it for changes to passwords or such?

It looks like the 2 factor setting would make you have to do 2 factor stuff every log in?
Is it possible to set the 2 factor setting to only require it for changes to passwords or such?
You can remain logged in to avoid the using two factor. Tow factor is a few extra steps but REALLY helps with security. Worth it IMO.

Reactions: lash and laurenf
Pretty funny scammer. I like that he engaged.

I wish the fucker would develop an interest in Hoplite Arms and try some scam shit with them (him).
Ha! That was my first thought also. That would have been entertaining.

Pretty funny scammer. I like that he engaged.
That’s true in that it gave us some entertainment while the mods had a chance to get online. Honestly, he almost had @CodyBrown and his money.

It was my intent, once I saw this and realized that the mods weren’t online at that time, to keep him either engaged with our bullshit and away from engaging another victim or to make him so visible that everybody would see him. Keep the thread up top for visibility. Others caught on and helped. By the time someone from admin showed up, he’d bailed out to try again with some less visible account.

I give this one credit that he chose an account that is often used and with good feedback ratings. The rookie error was that @spife7980 is a very regular member and showed back up in time to stop this asshat from succeeding.

Yeah, I rolled out of bed and the hide was still open on my phone from the night before (is it sad this is what I go to bed and wake up to?), I refreshed and couldnt log in so I said heck and went to put some sausage and eggs in the skillet.

After breakfast and awhile of getting myself log in timed out etc and seeing that it recognized my user name log in with a bad password but it didnt recognize my email so I went into the yahoo junk mail folder and saw the alert about it being changed. Then I went on the prowl and I honestly cant believe he gave it back. I still dont know how he got in to start with, no where else seems to have been an issue that I can find.

Your Account>Password and security
Thanks, I got dat 2 step now too!
B66D2AC0-566B-48E5-A572-186031661E96-4565-000001FC01D4F7BB.jpg

Scary because if it has been a dormant account by a member with positive feedback, someone could be out some serious money. We have been warned that's a real possibility.

Reactions: nikonNUT and lash
When buying something, I will now require the seller to post a picture of the item with my username, a used condom, and a 1999 Sacagawea Dollar.

When buying something, I will now require the seller to post a picture of the item with my username, a used condom, and a 1999 Sacagawea Dollar.
Hmmm, that’s going to be a problem as I can’t find a sacagawea dollar anywhere here in east Asia.

Wait, so, if thats not you......

Who the hell did I send dick pics to?
Is THAT who those were from??? At first I wondered why I was getting pictures of a baby's arm...

Pro move by @CodyBrown to ask to pay the fees for a non-F&F transaction. There is no legit reason to refuse that offer.
Except if the buyer is planning on trying to scam you by claiming the item received was not what was paid for, broken, stolen, etc.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
That mother fucker...

I really want to know how he got in
Prior to this incident, when was the last time you changed your password?

There's daily attacks on user forums just to obtain username, password, and email because many use the same across all apps and forums for ease of use. This info is then sold on the 'dark web' and then they start doing their thing. Try you bank accounts, sell fake/nothing on your user forums, etc.

Changing your password frequently and two factor authentication is your best recourse against it happening again or to someone else.

Prior to this incident, when was the last time you changed your password?
forever but it had literally been forever with no issues, everything I can htink of has been updated, Im still scared he has some sort of access to something though.

forever but it had literally been forever with no issues, everything I can htink of has been updated, Im still scared he has some sort of access to something though.
I would be very vigilant but I think you're safe here. For now. They attack all the time. Generally you'll get an email from whatever forum or web page they attacked prompting you to the attack and to change your passwords. iOS and MacOS/Safari will also warn you that the particular site you're visiting may have had an attack recently and to change your password.

Again, two factor is your safest bet as it will won't allow any changes until you provide a code that they provide to you via your original email/phone number before they can even log into your account as that's the second authentication after your username and password.

Any way to stop someone from logging into my account if I'm already logged in on my phone... Cuz I may or may not always be logged in on my phone, haha! I assume this is not possible, seems like I remember spife saying he was still logged in from the night before.

Do you have an iPhone ? Mine if you go to passwords it will show you compromised passwords. I’m sure Android does the same if iPhone does it

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
yep, going through that right now. what a pain in the ass. thankfully for most banking etc we have shared accounts with individual logins etc

its pretty much just me email and all socials that have this stuff

Suggestion for everyone:
If you reuse passwords, consider them all compromised.

Yes, even you.

I have used a password manager called KeePass for something like 14 years. It's not cloud-based, which is a good thing. Download KeePass, set a strong password for it that you'll remember (and not one that you've previously used), then take a couple hours this weekend and go through everywhere you have an account and generate new passwords.

Don't save your passwords in your browser. Just use them in KeePass. Then when you need to log in to something, you open KeePass and use the credentials from there. I think I've got mine set to 32 characters by default. You can use the "check this box to keep me logged in" or whatever, and that's fine. But when Chrome or Edge or whatever asks you if they can save your password for you, hard pass on that one.

Oh, but what about my phone! If I save it on my computer, how will I ever be able to remember those passwords when I'm using my phone! And what if my computer crashes! Or is stolen! Or the house catches fire! I'll have lost all my passwords with no way to recover them!

Use Dropbox (I assume it's still free for a small amount of storage?), also with a strong password that you will be able to remember. The KeePass file is encrypted so even if your DropBox gets compromised or leaked, it will still take quite a bit of effort to get into your KeePass. You can sync your computer's DropBox folder to the cloud, and then download the KeePass file from there. It's not foolproof but it's enough for most scenarios.

My own setup is more advanced than that, but Dropbox + KeePass is light years ahead of password reuse.

OK. Based on the shit Spife just went thru I have joined the ever evolving digital age and did this two factor thingy. Took me a few to get it all set up. Hope it doesn't screw me over down the road trying to log in. Silver lining for the real Spife, if post count mattered anymore at least he bumped you up some and got you over 9500. *snicker*.

So here's the email alert I got to the original ad. What threw me off is if you look at a couple pics it has the username and date in them.

View attachment 7619644View attachment 7619645
We need some Taken shit here lulz. Enlarge and enhance the reflection off the table and use some specialized skillz to track him down...if only that shit worked like in the movies.

Reactions: spife7980
We need some Taken shit here lulz. Enlarge and enhance the reflection off the table and use some specialized skillz to track him down...if only that shit worked like in the movies.
Likely just images pulled from another listing somewhere

How did you find out about the log on attempts?