• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTF did you do?

Hmmmm. Yeah, I don't think so.
He was working with the guy to help him with his problems. So I am going to take a wild assed guess and say that he already knew that the combat veteran was on the edge. And he was not the first person he helped/was helping.
That's my point.
These guy's that sat back and watched this unfold while partying didn't have any common sense.

I disagree, in my opinion (which is worth exactly what you paid for it), my example is EXACTLY what red flag laws, IF enacted, should be for.
A Terroristic Threat doesn't result in confiscation of weapons.
maybe this is the disconnect between us.
The OP (or someone that had direct knowledge) was present when the nut job made the threat.
Said nut job did, in fact kill someone, though at a later date.
Would a red flag law have been appropriate?
I don't know, as I said, it is a very slippery slope and one I am fearful of stepping onto.
How ever, a properly written red flag law would address the example I provided. Could it still be used inappropriately? Yes, but there should also be safety factors included in regards to false reporting, etc... that would result in serious jail time. (of course, that would never happen).
There has already been inappropriate use of a red flag law, where a criminal filed a red flag complaint against the deputy that arrested him.
My, how the hand wringing began. Howl's of "that's not what we intended" . The road to hell is paved with good intentions and unintended consequences are very real consequences.

I want to be clear. I do not endorse Red Flag laws. As I stated, I was playing devil's advocate. I don't know what the answer is, but I DO know, there are folks out there that should not have firearms.
Do you have an uncle Joe?
Nice backtrack there at the end

I disagree, in my opinion (which is worth exactly what you paid for it), my example is EXACTLY what red flag laws, IF enacted, should be for.
A Terroristic Threat doesn't result in confiscation of weapons.
maybe this is the disconnect between us.
The OP (or someone that had direct knowledge) was present when the nut job made the threat.
Said nut job did, in fact kill someone, though at a later date.
Would a red flag law have been appropriate?
I don't know, as I said, it is a very slippery slope and one I am fearful of stepping onto.
How ever, a properly written red flag law would address the example I provided. Could it still be used inappropriately? Yes, but there should also be safety factors included in regards to false reporting, etc... that would result in serious jail time. (of course, that would never happen).
There has already been inappropriate use of a red flag law, where a criminal filed a red flag complaint against the deputy that arrested him.
My, how the hand wringing began. Howl's of "that's not what we intended" . The road to hell is paved with good intentions and unintended consequences are very real consequences.

I want to be clear. I do not endorse Red Flag laws. As I stated, I was playing devil's advocate. I don't know what the answer is, but I DO know, there are folks out there that should not have firearms.
I understand that you aren’t endorsing. We are having constructive conversation. Just remember that nothing is done by the government for your safety. It is all done for money, power, and/or control. Always. This is true for the local, state, and federal government. This bit of knowledge is crucial to accept when thinking critically with anything concerning the government, this included.

Do you have an uncle Joe?
Nice backtrack there at the end
Really?
Maybe you have a comprehension problem, see my earlier post:

I can absolutely understand the lack of support for red flag laws, if improperly written, they can and will be used inappropriately.
However, playing devils advocate, there are several mass shootings that could have been prevented had some type of red flag law been in effect.
I know, it is a slippery slope and a VERY dangerous thing to infringe on someone's rights.

Reactions: MarinePMI
I can absolutely understand the lack of support for red flag laws, if improperly written, they can and will be used inappropriately.
However, playing devils advocate, there are several mass shootings that could have been prevented had some type of red flag law been in effect.
I know, it is a slippery slope and a VERY dangerous thing to infringe on someone's rights.
Mass shootings were once rare and typically reserved for some seriously fucked up pieces of shit, but now, with the ever increasing victim mentality, lack of discipline and psychotropic medication for any perceived mental instability, these asshole are killing innocents left and right.

This is a tough nut to crack. How do you keep innocents safe and protect the rights of all involved.
I have always thought the "patriot act" was an unconstitutional overreach of power. I get it. Placing too much power in the hands of government is ALWAYS a bad idea.
I don't know what the answer is, but I will tell you, reporting folks that have made threats to kill someone is not snitching, it is the responsible thing to do. In most states, that will likely result in a short term, involuntary commitment to a mental health facility.
Does it suck? Yes.
Is it better than letting someone get killed?
I say, Yes.
ONE of the problems with it is that you're guilty until proven innocent. And, do you believe for one moment that the left won't abuse these laws? If they would weaponize every agency of government against a sitting President, what regard will they have for a gunowner who has very little power? They have proven they cannot be trusted.

:oops: Fuck, fuck, fuck WTF?!?!?...

Now I need to go through all my text messages between us.

That's my point.
These guy's that sat back and watched this unfold while partying didn't have any common sense.
Who sat back and did nothing? The OP said the person was isolated, removed access to his firearms, and called the police.

Lots of doing nothing.....

ONE of the problems with it is that you're guilty until proven innocent. And, do you believe for one moment that the left won't abuse these laws? If they would weaponize every agency of government against a sitting President, what regard will they have for a gunowner who has very little power? They have proven they cannot be trusted.
^^^^^^^^^^^ This is my concern. The Federal Alphabet Agencies perverted the bullshit Patriot Act in an attempted coup of an elected President. How many other laws have they perverted? What is a "Hate Crime"?

Reactions: Ravenworks
^^^^^^^^^^^ This is my concern. The Federal Alphabet Agencies perverted the bullshit Patriot Act in an attempted coup of an elected President. How many other laws have they perverted? What is a "Hate Crime"?

That's easy. Any words or actions that harm or merely upset a leftist. "Hate crimes" can never be committed against white, conservative males.

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
A little errie he was arrested at a gas station only 800yd from my house.

Fkn sad turn of events.

• Wow
Reactions: seansmd
Who sat back and did nothing? The OP said the person was isolated, removed access to his firearms, and called the police.

Lots of doing nothing.....
It's been an escalating thing from what some had said.
Let me ask you this-
If you had a party at your house how long would it take you to recognize that a guy was off?

It's been an escalating thing from what some had said.
Let me ask you this-
If you had a party at your house how long would it take you to recognize that a guy was off?
About the same time the folks did that night, it was not enabled, it was not tolerated.