• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTF is REALLY going on with the job market?

Fair enough on the social security, I don't know if social security payments are factored into the $1T spend on welfare programs, I didn't look into a breakdown of it to see if it was.

I'm not planning on social security being around by the time I get to retirement age, congress has already spend the money and turned it into IOU's that will come due at some point, and i'm sure they will blame Trump for it at that point too. We're headed for bankruptcy, the spending isn't sustainable at all.

Branden

My point is every time I hear them say they should cut XYZ because [insert leftist or right whipping boy] I’m like, cool, so how much will my taxes go down? The answer is always the same, they won’t.

If I accept a job to roof a house, say I’ll roof it and install grace underlayment and new copper gutters. I come back half into the job and say, we’ll I’m using felt instead of grace and I’m not hanging gutters at all, but I’ll still charge you the same, I end up getting my ass kicked in court, social media, and maybe go out of biz. Sad the government can’t be held to the same standard they hold taxpayers to

Holy fucking mental abortion. You should probably stick with your "garden." You somehow seem to know even less about working in a shop.

Service manger/parts man can make life so much easier and help a tech make money. Or they can do the opposite if you act like douche bag towards them.

This is the same dumb fuck that recommended a tech 2 scan tool for two fords and a Toyota😂😂😂 Best just to ignore that type of stupidity.

Screenshot_20220502-192214_Samsung Internet.jpg

I see you don't know anything about the original REAL HP Tech 2.
Here's a tip.....you have these things called memory cards....and you like ....you know (no you don't) put any cars info on them you want.
The company (vertronix) it was that bought out the Tech2 removed that ability.

But like everything else.
You didn't know that.

BTW slope, learn how to actually post shit from your phone....you know, like normal sized images, not screenshots.

But then you're too stoopid to use a computer and have to stick with the simple minded IPhone mommy bought aren't you ?

• Haha
Reactions: Bradu
Wait a sec...

YOU are the fucking idiot that thinks a parts person deserves the same amount of money a mechanic does, aren't you ?

It all makes sense, you obviously DON'T know how to run a simple scan tool.

• Haha
I see you don't know anything about the original REAL HP Tech 2.
Here's a tip.....you have these things called memory cards....and you like ....you know (no you don't) put any cars info on them you want.
The company (vertronix) it was that bought out the Tech2 removed that ability.

But like everything else.
You didn't know that.

BTW slope, learn how to actually post shit from your phone....you know, like normal sized images, not screenshots.

But then you're too stoopid to use a computer and have to stick with the simple minded IPhone mommy bought aren't you ?

First off, he wanted a simple code reader. Go ahead and post up your information on a tech 2 scanner for the fords he mentioned...

First off, he wanted a simple code reader. Go ahead and post up your information on a tech 2 scanner for the fords he mentioned...
Yea, all simple code readers do ABS.

Go learn a real trade son, because it's obvious you're a millennial with your hand held out straight in front of you .... palm up.

• Haha
Here is why the Government "Job's Numbers" look so good.
Due to inflation all those people working twoi part time jobs went out and took on a third part time job.

Reactions: gigamortis
...or going door to door...

I despise these people more than liberals. I have two NO SOLICITING signs, one six inches from the doorbell. They could not care less. I've developed a canned speech that includes wondering if I ever slept with their mothers.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
I turned down so much work over the last 12 months it's ridiculous.

People hop from job to job nowadays. I have no interest in investing a ton of time and money into a new employee only to have them leave as soon as they reach point where I no longer have to look over their shoulder all day. I'm at peace with the fact that I've pretty much capped my income at 37. It's just not worth the risk and hassle anymore.

Employers don't want to pay to educate new employees that aren't going to stick around. Expect things to get much, much worse.

Hello fellow job seekers!

*from Washingon DC*
Take a look at its other post in the new members forum. If that is 100% bot written they are getting scary. Odd contrast given the easy to spot bullshit it posted in here.

Take a look at its other post in the new members forum. If that is 100% bot written they are getting scary. Odd contrast given the easy to spot bullshit it posted in here.
Joined 10:33 MDT, two written posts in two minutes and poof, gone at 10:35. Yep, that’s a bot.

They really are that scary.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
jobs left by citizens soon to be filled by 32 + million illegals who will work hard for 1/4 the pay ....

Reactions: gigamortis
jobs left by citizens soon to be filled by 32 + million illegals who will work hard for 1/4 the pay ....

They have to import new wage slaves because young millennials and Gen-z have said fuck poverty wages.

Can’t suppress wages if no Americans want to work for $7.25 an hour. Have to import poors to take that kind of money.

I really wish America exported our poors like 3rd world countries do. Poors are expensive.

This thread started way back. It is now May of 2023. Tech companies are cancelling expansion plans (like Amazon in Atlanta). The tech Giants have laid of tens of THOUSANDS of tech workers (Google, Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, Avaya, Twitter, etc.). A lot of those high-paying jobs have been drying up. But I realize minimum wage jobs are strong (for now). I always get more concerned about the economy when big earners are on the chopping block, as they have the most discretionary money to keep the economy strong. There are fewer of them employed today, than in 2022.

Foreclosures, bankruptcy, and car loan defaults are on a sharp rise. Major loan companies are getting OUT of the car loan business. The standards for qualifying for a loan are creeping up as well.

We may start seeing the ideal market for potential employees start to significantly erode. This may end up changing the trajectory of this thread in less than a year.

It may turn into "where have all these easy-to-get jobs gone".

Reactions: JR_77

People hop from job to job nowadays. I have no interest in investing a ton of time and money into a new employee only to have them leave as soon as they reach point where I no longer have to look over their shoulder all day. I'm at peace with the fact that I've pretty much capped my income at 37. It's just not worth the risk and hassle anymore.

Employers don't want to pay to educate new employees that aren't going to stick around. Expect things to get much, much worse.

A lot of the job hopping comes from employers/management not being worth a fuck. Companies are promoting the dumb fucks because they can't afford to lose the employees that can do their job well. They are also too worried about getting a yes man, instead of someone that might hurt someone's feelings.

And what do you do?

A lot of the job hopping comes from employers/management not being worth a fuck. Companies are promoting the dumb fucks because they can't afford to lose the employees that can do their job well. They are also too worried about getting a yes man, instead of someone that might hurt someone's feelings.
Did you read that on MSN?

People job hop because it’s the fastest way to increase your pay in the corporate world. This doesn’t apply as much to small businesses. A small business with piss poor management and high employee turnover isn’t likely to last long.

My office manager clears six figures and she’s worth every penny. I don’t have a problem paying people what they’re worth. It’s just getting harder and harder to find employees worth their salt so I threw in towel. Most of my clients are on the same page.

People job hop because it’s the fastest way to increase your pay in the corporate world. This doesn’t apply as much to small businesses. A small business with piss poor management and high employee turnover isn’t likely to last long.

My office manager clears six figures and she’s worth every penny. I don’t have a problem paying people what they’re worth. It’s just getting harder and harder to find employees worth their salt so I threw in towel. Most of my clients are on the same page.

You got me. I'm just lazy and sit at home reading MSN 🤦‍♂️

Job hopping is a good way to get pay raises but has nothing to do with the reason most people I know are quitting jobs. Just because the reasons I mentioned doesn't fit your narrative doesn't mean it isn't what's going on. I've yet to work for a company that offers training, but that probably isn't true either 😂

CPA.

I’m getting the same feedback from most of my clients in the professional services.

Cpa, no wonder you don't have real world experience what's going on for the people not sitting behind a desk. I already know your response. "That's what my clients tell me" 😂😂😂

Considering the company I work for had right at 800 people quit/let go in one year and hired a 1000 people in that same time frame, I think I know a little but about turnover...

The last job that I had, the store has been open 7 plus years and only 3 people left from the original opening due to management. The factory job I worked at for 7 years, there was maybe 15-20 of the same people from when I was hired on. There was 100-150 people employed at that part of the company. That is one of the best paying places in my area and couldn't keep help.

Poor management, the lack of employees which means you work mandatory 6 days a week to meet deadlines most of the year, and pointing out due to attendance has been more of a problem for turnover rate.

They have to import new wage slaves because young millennials and Gen-z have said fuck poverty wages.

Can’t suppress wages if no Americans want to work for $7.25 an hour. Have to import poors to take that kind of money.

I really wish America exported our poors like 3rd world countries do. Poors are expensive.

You don't seriously believe they are here to work?
They are locusts, brought in to finish bankrupting the middle class, and thus, the country.

That's why I left my last employer and it's also why I'll be leaving my current employer.

Companies also seem to have a somewhat skewed idea about what constitutes investing in people and what constitutes an actual reward for hard work.

You don't seriously believe they are here to work?
They are locusts, brought in to finish bankrupting the middle class, and thus, the country.

I have no doubt that a whole bunch will work. They’ll take those $7.25 an hour jobs, have 4 families in one house, and then send all of their extra money home. Just like the Mexicans used to until they started getting paid too much.

That's why I left my last employer and it's also why I'll be leaving my current employer.

Companies also seem to have a somewhat skewed idea about what constitutes investing in people and what constitutes an actual reward for hard work.

Lazy people are being rewarded better than ever because of the buddy system and kissing ass. The people that get shit done, but ruffle feathers, are stepping on toes. That leads to people's feeling being hurt, then you are pushed out the door by either shitty raises or being fired. I've watched this happen more and more in the last 5 years.

I have no doubt that a whole bunch will work. They’ll take those $7.25 an hour jobs, have 4 families in one house, and then send all of their extra money home. Just like the Mexicans used to until they started getting paid too much.

Thays all that's working at the chicken and hog processing plants. The local factory is bringing in poeple on visas because they've went through the talent pool in the area. They have been buying housing to put them up in as well.

Thays all that's working at the chicken and hog processing plants. The local factory is bringing in poeple on visas because they've went through the talent pool in the area. They have been buying housing to put them up in as well.

Many moons ago Alabama required the citizenship question for school enrollment. The common complaint was the illegals took all the jobs.

All the illegals bounced. Crops didn’t get picked, and the meat processing plants had a hard time. All those uneducated whites and blacks worked half a day and quit because work is…well…work.

They have been "schooled" on working the system. Anyone remember, back in the '70's, when a condition for employment on state and federal jobs was "Must be Bi-Lingual".... ? How many native American's were bi-lingual at that time ? Not many.

I have been in a Court of Law where the plaintiff did not speak English. An interpreter was called in. After that case was finished, the Judge asked "Does anyone else need an interpreter? Several hands went up. Judge says "Since it is difficult to get an interpreter, I'm going to hear these cases first, while an interpreter is here".... I looked at the person I was there with and said "Well white boy, you have just been moved to the end of the line"..... I won my case but that Judge certainly had an attitude after my comment. Was I speaking truthfully ? Of course.

Working in construction, we frequently were laid off at the completion of a project. Enough to where we knew the routine / rules at the unemployment office.
More than once a group of us who were laid off went together to reactivate our claim. We had our ducks in a row. It got to be where the Mexican's were running the office since they were bi-lingual, all the way up to the top Supervisor. Many a time, the non=English speaking people were called ahead of us, since we did not "speak the language"..... Again, the white boy's went to the end of the line.

For anyone reading this, look around at how many times you are being "sent to the end of the line"..... Local, State and Federal......

The largest employer in America is the US Government. 40 years ago they needed bi-lingual employees.... Take a guess at how many they need now.

Hidden in plain sight.

We can't vote ourselves out of this.

Holy shit! I need to job hop and then up my selling myself game apparently cause I work my ass off, 70-80hrs a week at all hours of the day and I’m not clearing 6 figures.

Holy shit! I need to job hop and then up my selling myself game apparently cause I work my ass off, 70-80hrs a week at all hours of the day and I’m not clearing 6 figures.
I've read through enough of your posts to know you're a pretty sharp guy.

That said, if you're really working 70-80 hour weeks you're worth well over $100k based on your work ethic alone.

Sort your shit out and go get what you're worth. I mean that in the nicest possible way. The hardest part is leaving your comfort zone.

I've read through enough of your posts to know you're a pretty sharp guy.

That said, if you're really working 70-80 hour weeks you're worth well over $100k based on your work ethic alone.

Sort your shit out and go get what you're worth. I mean that in the nicest possible way. The hardest part is leaving your comfort zone.
Thank you. Yes, I for sure need to start something as it’s pretty clear to me that I’m not getting paid my worth. Heck, I’m at the office every day by 6am and yes a lot of weeks I’m pulling 70-80hrs easy. And I’m salary so anything over 40 is freebie work. And no, I’m not compensated well enough at my salary to be putting in those ours. The only issue is, good jobs, especially high paying ones in my field, are hard to come by. I’m pretty much maxed out for my area and sadly had to take a title reduction a few years ago. So in some ways I’ve gone backwards. I want to do my own thing but not exactly sure how or where I’m going to find the time needed to make it happen.

Thank you. Yes, I for sure need to start something as it’s pretty clear to me that I’m not getting paid my worth. Heck, I’m at the office every day by 6am and yes a lot of weeks I’m pulling 70-80hrs easy. And I’m salary so anything over 40 is freebie work. And no, I’m not compensated well enough at my salary to be putting in those ours. The only issue is, good jobs, especially high paying ones in my field, are hard to come by. I’m pretty much maxed out for my area and sadly had to take a title reduction a few years ago. So in some ways I’ve gone backwards. I want to do my own thing but not exactly sure how or where I’m going to find the time needed to make it happen.

Become a plumber.

Someone might have dropped a dime on him......probably......
I report every spam post I come across. New member signs up to bring an off-gun related necrothread? I hit the report button.

And yep, I reported the one in question here too. It really was a good “new member” post too, mentioned having a 5R R700 and shit, but with the simple closeness of the two posts and this thread being completely off topic made me not doubt for a second it was a bot spammer.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn

I make $35/hr with all the overtime I want. I could easily clear 6 figures, but choose to keep to about $80k as with the wife's income it works well. A Friday here and there before vacation or whatnot.

I told my boss I'm going to bounce if he doesn't change the pay scale quick. The painter that just does interior painting is paying $40/hr to start. And as a bonus he said I could smoke weed and be high all day as long!

I make $35/hr with all the overtime I want. I could easily clear 6 figures, but choose to keep to about $80k as with the wife's income it works well. A Friday here and there before vacation or whatnot.

I told my boss I'm going to bounce if he doesn't change the pay scale quick. The painter that just does interior painting is paying $40/hr to start. And as a bonus he said I could smoke weed and be high all day as long!
I make $37/hr. But as I said, anything over 40 and I’m working for free. Painters can make some good money. Ha.

I make $37/hr. But as I said, anything over 40 and I’m working for free. Painters can make some good money. Ha.

There's your problem. Making less, but working your hours, I'd be $130-175k.

Quit working for free. You're making the rest of us that actually maintain sane hours look bad!

I worked 4000 hour years before. Only I actually got paid for every hour. Got out of a lot of debt and bought some cool toys and a house. I sacrificed my time to get ahead quicker. You're sacrificing your time to be a slave.

I've never left a job because the work was too hard. I leave because of bad management. I have walked out of many new employee orientations when I hear some red flags popping up concerning company policies. Non-compete clauses are one of the biggest red flags.

I have also learned to never take a salary pay job. By the time you do the math on pay divided by hours worked, you finally realize which side of the employer / employee game is winning.

I've never left a job because the work was too hard. I leave because of bad management. I have walked out of many new employee orientations when I hear some red flags popping up concerning company policies. Non-compete clauses are one of the biggest red flags.

I have also learned to never take a salary pay job. By the time you do the math on pay divided by hours worked, you finally realize which side of the employer / employee game is winning.
Depends on the gig. My last gig I was salary as well and could literally get my entire weeks job done in 20hrs and got paid for 40.