• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing WTF!!!!!!!! Our Tax Dollars at work in Montana!!

Re: WTF!!!!!!!! Our Tax Dollars at work in Montan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok, but if we loose one nice ram for every poaching bust, we'll run out of sheep before we run out of scumbags. you have to understand, there is only the one current state record ram, while scumbag poachers are a dime a dozen.

this case is small potatoes compared to some shit we see here. there are much worse poaching rings working the state right now. every so often guys get caught that have photo albums with 50-75 or more head of animals that were poached. and convictions seldom get more than loss of hunting priviledge and fines. </div></div>

I hear ya and I'll have to defer to you since your from there & are more involved in this type of hunting & criminal activity than I am.
cool.gif

[/quote]
This is ridiculous. First off, the killing of this particular animal <span style="font-weight: bold">IS</span> <span style="font-weight: bold">legal</span>....just under different circumstances. There have been hundreds of UC drug Officer's who do & have taken drugs to maintain their "cover" because the situation is way to dangerous for him/her not to do so.
[/quote]

+1 on this.

Seems to me you guys are missing the point here.

The sheep or the UC officer? Which one did you want to see dead?

Yeah, I hunt and I'd be pissed to have that sheep shot in these circumstances, but what is important here?

The BIG sheep will have passed on his genes, his progeny will have the opportunity to grow this big BECAUSE the UC officer has broken up a ring that is using illegal means to find, corner and kill YOUR trophy animals.

And finally, WE DON'T KNOW THE TRUE, FULL STORY. everything here is just speculation.

Or am I really missing something?

N

read the link PGS posted, including the comments

THE ALLEGED "GUIDES" WERE NOT ARMED (WERE CARRYING VIDEO EQUIPMENT) AND THERE WERE TWO ARMED AGENTS ON SCENE.

there was also a legitimate tag holder (the govorner's tag holder that paid dearly for that tag) approaching that sheep when the agent shot it.

this according to the comments following the article

so if this is true (i won't hazard a guess), i see no officer safety issue.

and the comments section below that article raises some more questions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7.62willdo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just so i understand some of your guys way of thinking.......... the next time a undercover cop has to kill a rival gang member to "maintain his cover" thats cool right??????? </div></div>

Dipshit of the Day award winner.

Human life. An animals life. NOT EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE TO BEING IN THE SAME BALL PARK.

</div></div>
Hey shaggyfag there are millions of people in this country that disagree with you and their numbers are growing every day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7.62willdo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7.62willdo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just so i understand some of your guys way of thinking.......... the next time a undercover cop has to kill a rival gang member to "maintain his cover" thats cool right??????? </div></div>

Human life. An animals life. NOT EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE TO BEING IN THE SAME BALL PARK.

</div></div>
Hey shaggyfag there are millions of people in this country that disagree with you and their numbers are growing every day. </div></div>

Congrats to them. Still doesnt make your post any less fucking stupid. I give two flying fucks about their opinions or yours. Why? Because youre all fucking idiots who are dumber than than dead fucking ram.

I do like how they are "growing every day." You make it sound like there will be an Anti-Shaggy rebellion soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7.62willdo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">shaggyfag </div></div>

This will not get you invited to my wedding in Vermont at the Ben & Jerrys chapel...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7.62willdo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just so i understand some of your guys way of thinking.......... the next time a undercover cop has to kill a rival gang member to "maintain his cover" thats cool right??????? </div></div>

Damn right its cool..

I read the link that was provided and it didn't provide anymore in depth information that before. However, some of the replies to that thread were interesting......

If indeed the "guides" weren't armed & the UC Officer actually had back up Officers with him.....that changes a few things of my previous opinions. Also, I don't know the law out there and if the actual taking of the game was required in order to complete the illegal activity & get a prosecution....if so, then it's a mute point.

If not, then I can agree with all the other people who are upset......

So, you were the one fucktard in the original group?

Reading this thread disgusts me.

Who gives a shit about the law? It is against the law for me to carry a pistol in many states. Does that make the law OK? Does that make it right?

Right and Wrong are not subjective.

Laws are.

Just because its illegal for me to carry in certain states... doesn't mean I take my pistol off when I cross the border.

Why? Because my life is WORTH PROTECTING no matter where I happen to be. God DAMN any government that says otherwise.

That warden participated in the illegal taking of an animal. Period. The guides participated in the illegal taking of an animal. Period. There are better ways to get the job accomplished than BEING a poacher while trying to CATCH a poacher.

Is it cool to illegally take game? Depends on how hungry you are.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orkan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reading this thread disgusts me.

Who gives a shit about the law? It is against the law for me to carry a pistol in many states. Does that make the law OK? Does that make it right?

Right and Wrong are not subjective.

Laws are.

Just because its illegal for me to carry in certain states... doesn't mean I take my pistol off when I cross the border.

Why? Because my life is WORTH PROTECTING no matter where I happen to be. God DAMN any government that says otherwise.

That warden participated in the illegal taking of an animal. Period. The guides participated in the illegal taking of an animal. Period. There are better ways to get the job accomplished than BEING a poacher while trying to CATCH a poacher.

Is it cool to illegally take game? Depends on how hungry you are. </div></div>

This post is a little hard to read....because you contradict yourself. In one breath you brag about breaking the law while carrying to protect yourself......then the next breath, your ragging on the Officer cuz he broke the law. You can't have it both ways.
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can't have it both ways.
cool.gif
</div></div>

EXACTLY!
smile.gif

how bout this, the Agent got to shoot a world class animal in turn for putting his life on the line to protect what we all value. OP, sounds to me like your only mad cuz YOU didn't get to shoot it. I've shot big deer, little deer, medium deer, deer with big rack,s small racks, and no racks Ive enjoyed every hunt equally. I think people put way too much into the horns of the animal and dont give them equal respect which they deserve beit they are world records or not. It has become too much about antlers, horns, and skulls instead of just enjoying the freedom to get out in the outdoors and appreciate what God has blessed us with and the animals he provides.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arcangel 4:16</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7.62willdo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just so i understand some of your guys way of thinking.......... the next time a undercover cop has to kill a rival gang member to "maintain his cover" thats cool right??????? </div></div>

Damn right its cool.. </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7.62willdo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">shaggyfag </div></div>

This will not get you invited to my wedding in Vermont at the Ben & Jerrys chapel... </div></div>

BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7.62willdo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7.62willdo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just so i understand some of your guys way of thinking.......... the next time a undercover cop has to kill a rival gang member to "maintain his cover" thats cool right??????? </div></div>

</div></div>
Hey shaggyfag there are millions of people in this country that disagree with you and their numbers are growing every day. </div></div>

not in the same ball park heck, not even in the same flippin leaugue. 7.62willdo i think you are an idiot but, I wouldn't sacrifice your life to protect my dog's whom happens to be quite a bit more intelligent than your self. She doesnt form opinions based upon what million of people in this country believe in... asinine.

I have watched game wardens (3 of them) in their state trucks run a herd of elk
on a ranch so them or the ranchers could kill 3 big bulls. We only saw three in trucks
after the hunt, so there may have been more. I also know of a rancher/outfitter who
was killed in a traffic accident about 3 years ago that hung with a warden and the
two bragged quite a bit about the poaching they did. And of coarse the head of fish and game at the Helena dept. that got caught poaching an elk on private property, gave himself a slap on the wrist. We have one or two around
here that have a bad rep also, but other than that they are a pretty good bunch of men and you don't hear of many complaints from hunters other than all the bullshit laws that take the fun out of hunting sometimes. But they don't write the
laws, they enforce them. And in this case they may have saved 20 or 30 sheep and
countless elk and deer in future years. Professional poachers have been caught with
hundreds of kills attributed to just one man.
I hate to see what happened but I know from poachers where I live that have been
turned in repeatedly it is very hard for FWP to get convictions. I don't buy into the
fearing for their life excuse though. Poachers are not in the same mind set as a
murderer and killing a LEO is a sure end of life as you know it sentence. I have
never even heard of a hunter threatening a FWP officer but maybe it has happened.

Re: WTF!!!!!!!! Our Tax Dollars at work in Montana!!

I almost guarantee you that the officer has a lot of pictures of the animal and him after the kill. They could have accomplished the same thing shooting something small or nothing at all. The officer got caught up in the whole deal because of the size of the animal. The arrest should have taken place after the first day of the hunt when he missed it. I call BULLSHIT!

Re: WTF!!!!!!!! Our Tax Dollars at work in Montana!!

The recurring theme here is that the undercover GW's life was genuinely on the line on this case. However the story suggests the guide was not armed, and to take it a step further the GW was the shooter with a rifle in his arms. If you want to spring a bust you have a headstart, already having a rifle in your hands. I don't see how he was in danger of his life, how many guides have put a gun to your head and told you "you better not miss"? Shame on the guide for breaking the law, shame on the warden for pulling the trigger, but kudos to him as well for busting at least <span style="font-style: italic">one of the poachers</span>.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Felony poachers arent "good ole boys" who just made a mistake. Often times, just like any other felon, they are willing to kill to protect their freedom, just like other shitbags.

Ever notice that GWs wear armor? Carry a gun? End up dead every year? How do you think that happens?

If they guy took a dive and missed a few times, I would be willing to bet that guide might have told him that there would be ramifications for another miss.

Kinda like working UC narc. You can use every "gotta see my PO tomorrow" or "gonna go pick up my kid later," but eventually if you avoid taking one for the team one too many times, people get wise to it and you get dead.

Now, if the UC game warden fucked up, it will come to light and his agency will take a giant shit on him. If he didnt have a choice in the matter, or felt threatened, then I dont fault him at all for it.

But, you internet tough talkers all know what took place on that mountain right? And youve all worked undercover, so you know the risks. But, since youre all so wiley, you can get out of any situation, right?

Always amazes me.

You dont go to the dentist and tell him how to fix a cavity.
You dont tell your accountant how to do your taxes.
You dont tell the lawyer how to write your will.

Why?

You didnt go to school for dentistry.
Youre not a CPA.
You didnt go to law school.

But, any idiot thinks they know the law and just how it should be applied and enforced and has no problem running their suck about it. If you can do it better, by all means, join up and show em how its done.

In the immortal words of Rodney Carrington, "I dont come to where you work and throw rocks atcha while youre bowling, so SHUT UP." </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7.62willdo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just so i understand some of your guys way of thinking.......... the next time a undercover cop has to kill a rival gang member to "maintain his cover" thats cool right??????? </div></div>

Human life. An animals life. NOT EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE TO BEING IN THE SAME BALL PARK.</div></div>

Get'em Shaggy! Could not agree more with the above statements.

We are going to lose a whole herd down by Missoula to pneumonia this year.