• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTK: DUPLICATING FED. GOLD MEDAL MATCH

SOLO LOBO

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2008
Hazard ky
I have FN A3G. it is spect. with FGMM 168gr. ammo. it will shoot .25 and under @ 100yrds.with the FGMM
does any one have a load that duplicates the factory 168gr. FGMM?

if not does any one have a load that is close to factory FGMM?

Re: WTK: DUPLICATING FED. GOLD MEDAL MATCH

Try loading IMR4064 to the same velocity you get with the FGMM.

Varget or Reloader 15. And try some other bullets, you might be surprised. The 175s are legendary, and the 155s are gaining in popularity.

If I was getting .25moa and under at 100 I would try to get several cases of the stuff becuase it might take a bit of head scratching to find a load that will beat it.

I have a rifle that logged .47" for three shot groups (over 100 groups taken over a few years) with GMM and have worked up a load that so far has equaled it and may be slightly better. 46.7gr of varget over the 155.5 Berger and its averaging .51" for the first dozen 5 shot groups at 100.

The OCW load of 43.6gr of IMR-4895 in Federal brass, 210M, and 168SMK has been the equal or better than FGMM in several of my sticks. It's a little on the hot side in a couple of them and primer pockets do loosen up so work up to it. My LR brass has the same volume and lasts much longer FWIW.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jn123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a little on the hot side in a couple of them and primer pockets do loosen up so work up to it. My LR brass has the same volume and lasts much longer FWIW.</div></div>

Too hot for all of my guns.

I use 42.0 in LC LR brass. It yielded 2650 fps.

I was e-mailed:42.8gr. RE-15, in FGMM brass,210M primer, with 168gr. smk on top.this is said to be the factory FGMM 168gr.'s duplicate.any one ever herd this?

Load to 2600fps in your rifle, and you will be at Federal's std.

44 grains Varget Fed210m primers Win. Brass 168smk OAL 2.800 Works well in most rifles I have tried it in I once in a while get groups as small as 1/4 min but as a rule they stay around 1/2 min good luck.
Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNIPER-2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was e-mailed:42.8gr. RE-15, in FGMM brass,210M primer, with 168gr. smk on top.this is said to be the factory FGMM 168gr.'s duplicate.any one ever herd this? </div></div>

Yes, that is a common load (maybe it's 42.6?) that works great in just about everything. If I remember correctly, it is also what Siera lists as the "accuracy load" on their website.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308sako</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kombayotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try loading IMR4064 to the same velocity you get with the FGMM. </div></div>

+4064 (+1) I strongly agree with this approach, and think the results should be superior. </div></div>

After tearing apart the FGMM cartridges... the powder most closely resembles IMR 4064

Long ago and far away , before the days of 175's and 155's [HA!], myself and several others that I shoot with had good luck duplicating the FGMM load using 41 to 42 gr IMR 4895 [depended on brl]

IIRC , when we pulled down a few factory rounds[mid to late 80's] we weighed them out at 41.5 gr. and a couple of the writers of the time were saying that Fed was using IMR4895.

I'm sure this has probably changed over time.

You will still be hard pressed to match the .25moa claimed....go buy as much of that lot as you can!!

FWIW
YMMV
wes in AZ