• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD WTS: Sionyx Aurora Pro - Color Night VIsion

GBMaryland

Herr Oberst
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 24, 2008
    Maryland, US
    I bought this purely to play with and see how its compares to my existing (significantly more expensive) night vision devices.

However, I just acquired a few more devices, so I no longer have a need for this.

- Sionyx Aurora Pro
    - Picatinny mount
    - Aftermarket wilcox mount
    - OEM hard case with charging cable, spare battery, SD to microSD adapter
    - 32GB microSD card for recording movies / taking stills

$875.00

Remember, this is the PRO, not the much less expensive Aurora / Sport / Black versions that work much worse 1/4 moon light.

IMG_5464.JPG

IMG_5465.JPG

iPhone pictures in near complete darkness to setup the picture after this one... I'm kinda surprised is did as well as it did:

IMG_5352.JPG

Picture through the Aurora PRO with a Steiner SPIR for illumination:

XQE_0005.JPG

Same view with 60 watt bulb under the porches of a house 75 feet away:

XQE_0018.JPG

This is an excellent entry level night vision device... and it's not $3500-$4000... AND it can be weapons mounted using the included picatinny adapter, generally behind an aimpoint, etc.

...but I do have to fund that NV Range finder I just bought....

Last edited:
    Reactions: TheHorta
    Forgive the potentially dumb question but in your opinion would this work as a front add on unit? Either Pic mounted or with an adaptor directly onto a scope.

How would you rate this for a helmet mounted unit. I have duals. But thinking this for filming/ lend out unit for buddies. Vs owning a pvs 14 for my poor friends lol 😂😂

It’s actually not a dumb question… So the funny thing is there are people all over the place that are using these things as dual helmet mounts.

As part of the sale I’m actually including a whole kit full of mounts for helmets that I picked up just to play with.

They indicate that this one is specifically designed to sit behind an optic so that you can use it on a rail. However they’re specifically thinking something like an aimpoint, or something that supports night vision settings.

I used a Larue aimpoint point mount and I put it on the adapter they give you for attaching it to the Picatinny rail and it works.