• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTSHTF crowd

Re: WTSHTF crowd

<span style="font-style: italic">Down and out
It can't be helped but there's a lot of it about.
With, without.
And who'll deny it's what the fightings all about?
Out of the way, it's a busy day
Ive got things on my mind.
For the want of the price of tea and a slice
The old man died. </span>
-Roger Waters, Pink Floyd

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYSHOOTER338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you the topic Sheriff ? Let people ask what they want to.</div></div>

Your question drips with irony. You seem to be acting in the Sheriff role not me. Kinda like the one who says there are absolutely no absolutes. I just simply asked the question, "Am I the only one seeing this trend."

You may have overlooked this post

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">I don't have any problems with the most hard core survivalist being a part of any conversation</span> as long as they follow the rules of common sense and dialogue. My problem is with the wild eyed, panic driven, gear queer, over-internetted, computer commando, "I heard it from good sources...," types.</div></div>

I've seen a lot of those kinds of threads started in the past year or so on other forums, but since I am a new member here, not so much. I have a son who's going to be 20 in eleven days from now, and he tends toward the hot-headed in regard to the possibility of civil rebellion. I know what side I'll come down on if such a thing were to ever happen, but it is the <span style="font-style: italic">last</span> thing any sane person would long for.

I regard it as part of my duty as a father to try and exercise a moderating influence on my son's passions until such a time as he can exercise moderation on his own. I don't mean moderation of his political beliefs. I mean moderation of his passions so that he learns not to act foolishly and without forethought about those beliefs. Fortunately, he is coming along fine, and I have faith that he will act wisely in the future.

It is my observation that the most radical, hotheaded sounding folks in this regard are usually also the youngest, with the least amount of life-experience, practical education, or a realistic grasp of politics.

Now, zombie hordes? I'm all over that.
laugh.gif

The greatest protection we have from a repressive government is the sheer incompetence that has been demonstrated at all levels of government. In many ways we have more freedoms now than at any time in the history of the Republic.

Guys,

The facts are this. IF the .gov ever went around and rounded up your firearms you have some options.

1. Give them up and hide what you can.
2. Tell them no and go to court.
3. Show them hell no and you might live and go to the hospital, jail, court and the prison.

now these are your three options.

Keep in mind, a smart .gov would NEVER ban guns. Just powder, or primers, or bullets.

Then what will you do with all your guns?

I have seen combat operations with my own eyes. I know some members here have too. In that process I know what could be brought to the fight against you if it ever went totally sideways.

The .gov will get what they want within time, if they can do it. The goal is to quit planning for the possibility of them getting your guns and your re-active hopes of running to the hills with the other 4.5 million people that think like you do.

The smarter way to fight is not to let the battle start in the first place.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I said this on another site not too long ago.

WTSHTF, our government is not the bunch we we need to be watching.

Seen from the hustings, the government's role will most appear to be one of ineptitude and neglect.

Their concerns are about securing and sequestering a relatively small number of 'specials'; for the rest of us, resources are hopelessly inadequate. Public resources will be nationalized, primarily dealing with fire fighters and hospitals doing triage, and collection and distribution of an ovewhelming number of casualties among an largely inadequate number of beds.

The orders and procedures have been in circulation as "In case of..." since Eisenhower.

Outside that, maintaining order is a fiction that can only survive in times of calm and public distraction. The government can only dictate when the populace goes along.

If the populus said a collective 'no', there's really damned little the government could do about it beyond singling out some very finite number for a public lesson. I think there's valid question about whether the goverment would have the stomach for that, and I'm damned sure they'd be nailing their own coffin if they tried.

The more plausible threat would be from tinpot wannabe warlords and local fatcats, being quick out of the blocks to recognize and capitalize upon an impending power vacuum.

Don't let 'em.

I think the more valid questions would be about who would stand up, who wouldn't and what would they be doing, and who's trying to load the deck in their own favor between now and then.

Greg </div></div>

This and:

My biggest concern lately is some economic crisis, that causes people to go bananas and start killing each other. Im not worried about the govt in a SHTF, im worried about panicing mobs of people trying to kill me/mine for food, water, ammo, etc. People that are used to the govt holding their hand, who find out that when the SHTF, the govt is too busy to care for them.

or

Someone/group exploiting the peoples desperation during just such a time to cause a ruckus to gain power of some sort, or to pass some restrictive laws, or to rewrite our constitution to save us from ourselves.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYSHOOTER338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you the topic Sheriff ? Let people ask what they want to.</div></div>

Your question drips with irony. You seem to be acting in the Sheriff role not me. Kinda like the one who says there are absolutely no absolutes. I just simply asked the question, "Am I the only one seeing this trend."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">I don't have any problems with the most hard core survivalist being a part of any conversation</span> as long as they follow the rules of common sense and dialogue. My problem is with the wild eyed, panic driven, gear queer, over-internetted, computer commando, "I heard it from good sources...," types.</div></div> </div></div>

ya nice try, but no. Im going to start my own thread now of why do people come on here to start threads about how they dont like certain topics that are brought up....

The topic you have created here is not about "gear queers" or "over interneted" people that come on here to ask a question about what happens if the shit did hit the fan and something went ass up here on our soil. If you dont like the topic then dont click on it.

Moving on....

Personally, I am less worried about M1 Abrams coming down main street than wether or not I am gonna be able to get through the next couple years with the economy going into the dump. If it fails, I know what I am doing though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYSHOOTER338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYSHOOTER338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you the topic Sheriff ? Let people ask what they want to.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">I don't have any problems with the most hard core survivalist being a part of any conversation</span> as long as they follow the rules of common sense and dialogue. My problem is with the wild eyed, panic driven, gear queer, over-internetted, computer commando, "I heard it from good sources...," types.</div></div> </div></div>

ya nice try, but no. Im going to start my own thread now of why do people come on here to start threads about how they dont like certain topics that are brought up....

The topic you have created here is not about "gear queers" or "over interneted" people that come on here to ask a question about what happens if the shit did hit the fan and something went ass up here on our soil. If you dont like the topic then dont click on it.

Moving on.... </div></div>

Whatever. You probably should have taken your own medicine with this thread.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread is about irony. Fun as cancer. </div></div>

I never got into the SHTF/Zombie threads. For the longest time, I thought it was a joke. Gay, very gay.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Down and out
It can't be helped but there's a lot of it about.
With, without.
And who'll deny it's what the fightings all about?
Out of the way, it's a busy day
Ive got things on my mind.
For the want of the price of tea and a slice
The old man died.
-Roger Waters, Pink Floyd</div></div>

Oh, by the way, which ones Pink?
Money is much better than bullets when it comes to protecting yourself from government.

The zombie stuff is a metaphor and used primarily by mall ninjas and people that can afford the gear the military/police has or would like, but do not offer up their own time to serve because of time deficiencies, also known as (AKA) know about it but can't do it...

This thread is very simply about my appreciation that the Hide is not like Arf.com, etc. Case in point, we had a guy on here recently that wanted to know what guns to buy for hunting hogs and dealing with civil unrest. Within 24 hours from the time he registered to his last post, he had THREE threads locked. How do guys like this move the game forward when it comes to the topics that are covered here. He personified everything that I don't like about mindless preppers who get their marching orders from the script of Rambo movies. It's just that simple. If I have stepped on toes here, then maybe you are who I am talking about. Either way, it's just a conversation. YMMV

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The zombie stuff is a metaphor and used primarily by mall ninjas and people that can afford the gear the military/police has or would like, but do not offer up their own time to serve because of time deficiencies, also known as (AKA) know about it but can't do it... </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The zombie stuff is a metaphor and used primarily by mall ninjas and people that can afford the gear the military/police has or would like, but do not offer up their own time to serve because of time deficiencies, also known as (AKA) know about it but can't do it... </div></div>

LOL. I think we are on the same wave length on this one. LOL.

Here's an excerpt from his post:

<span style="font-style: italic">The primary purpose of this weapon will be hog control.. And second keeping me alive when civil anarchy erupts in this country (plan on getting a long slide Glock and primo bolt gun to(not just yet tho)).. On account of that creepy lookin pres of ours lol. I have recurring vivid dreams of a post apocalyptic war torn US with us surviving some what like we did in earlier colonial times with the Indians..</span>

All I'm saying is that I'm glad this type does not embody the main populous of Sniper's Hide. Period.

Yep. There are mall ninja sites like ZOMBIESQUAD for that nonsense.

In regard to others posts, no one knows which one is Pink. I think the answer is available though, and explains itself on "See Emily Play." I had a beer with a guy named David Gilmour in a pub on the island of Rhodes (incidentally, just below and within sight of the castle from the initial pages of "Gates of Fire" [YEAH! - MORON RAPE FANS UNITE!] )which was cool not only because of the port being thought to originally spread the huge legs of Colossus but also because the port is considered to have originally been covered by the huge legs of Colossus. He laughed [Gilmour] when he asked of my favorite song. Being short of time, and on a morning half pint, I did not want to lecture the man so I looked to meaning...

<span style="font-style: italic">Fearlessly the idiot faced the crowd
Smiling.</span>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uCgQuj8v2gg"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uCgQuj8v2gg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

FWIW - In my experience, not all preppers/survival minded folks are tinfoil hatted nutbags, hunkered heavily-armed in basement bunkers awaiting the apocalypse, agrmageddon, zombies, or whatever other fantastic nonsense people conjur up. I recall back before the interwebs turned pretty much every other American into a self-styled conspiracy expert, the whole "movement" was really more about independent living/farming, wilderness and/or emergency survival, natural disaster preparedness and stuff like that. The politics and paranoia were still here and there, but nothing like you see today.

It seems like the "survivalist" world has melded with the greater mall-ninja/interweb set into a hideous monster that is long on bluster and conspiratorial flim-flam and not a whole lot else.
But what can you really expect from folks who apparently believe they are going to fight off trained militaries and what have you with a $65 Chinese SKS, a thousand rounds of Wolf steel-jacketet ammo, a Viet-Nam era mil-surplus flak jacket, and a cellar full of rice and canned saurkraut?!

I could most likely give the survivalist/EOTWAWKI crown a run for their money as far as stocking on food goes. lol

Right now I am unemployed and stocked up at Sam's for the long haul uncase things really get grim with my situation. Not going to say what all I have, but buying long shelf life foods in bulk helps out a lot. On top of that I have been learning how to plant and grow my own food too.

But my situation is different than a lot of other people. I feel I actually have a reason to do it right now. I'm not going off of what the in-crowd says.

I wish Graham was my nieghbor to the left and Greg L was my neighbor to the right!!!! They always bring to mind the saying about becoming wiser by associating with the wise!!!!!

To each his own.....some of the threads make me laugh while others (like this one) make me think.

I think SH has the reputation it does for a reason, but always entertaining to see the non-technical posts from time-to-time.

Keeps it interesting...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wjwill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I could most likely give the survivalist/EOTWAWKI crown a run for their money as far as stocking on food goes. lol

Right now I am unemployed and stocked up at Sam's for the long haul uncase things really get grim with my situation. Not going to say what all I have, but buying long shelf life foods in bulk helps out a lot. On top of that I have been learning how to plant and grow my own food too.

But my situation is different than a lot of other people. I feel I actually have a reason to do it right now. I'm not going off of what the in-crowd says. </div></div>

That's different having a moderate food supply for emergencies and having enough food to feed 10 people for 2 years are two different scenarios. One is intelligent, the other is paranoid bordering on unrealistic and unhealthy.

To each his own though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYSHOOTER338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYSHOOTER338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you the topic Sheriff ? Let people ask what they want to.</div></div>

Moving on.... </div></div>

Whatever. You probably should have taken your own medicine with this thread.
wink.gif
</div></div>

You're beating a dead horse. Let it go.

I have a few questions pertaining to this thread.
(1) What exactly is SHTF. I know what the acronym is but can someone paint a picture for me. Are we talking about banning weapons or something beyond that?
(2) What is Afr.com supposed to be? I pull it up and some financial crap comes up.
(3) Does anyone have a picture of the dude that had Moron Rape tattooed on his chest? I can't find the thread anymore.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Humungus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a few questions pertaining to this thread.
(1) What exactly is SHTF. I know what the acronym is but can someone paint a picture for me. Are we talking about banning weapons or something beyond that?
(2) What is Afr.com supposed to be? I pull it up and some financial crap comes up.
(3) Does anyone have a picture of the dude that had Moron Rape tattooed on his chest? I can't find the thread anymore. </div></div>

{1} Any unrest from a one on one encounter with a bad guy/guys to complete societal meltdown. It usually means a condition where the constitution has been suspended for any number of extreme conditions and people are pushing back. The possibility vs probability metrics change as you move from one scenario to another and require differing levels of preparation.

{2} AR15.com
{3} Inside joke that pre-dates me. Can't help you out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I hear a lot of babble from non LEO's about their opinions of what they think LEO's will or won't do in any given situation. I hear a lot of babble from a lot of these same people about how they'll not lie down like sheep and do what they're told. I don't worry about these guys anyway, if it comes they'll probably be the first to submit. </div></div>

I have read that there are 270 million privately owned firearms in the US, with a population of 305 million. That completely dwarfs our military of 1.3 million people in uniform, more than half of whom are not prepared to carry a rifle into a fight. The feds don't trust the local LEOs and the local LEOs often do not like and do not trust the feds. So what we have a totally impossible situation, even if only 10% of the privately owned guns in the U.S. ended up in the hands of people willing to put up a little resistance.

Your <span style="font-weight: bold">"if it comes they'll probably be the first to submit"</span> should probably be <span style="font-weight: bold">"if it comes to that, the troops will probably be confined to base and the cops to the local police station"</span>.

It is amazing how many people on both sides have either failed to think this through, or are not able to think it through.

The main reason I brought up this subject to begin with is that I want to remind everybody that we live in very tense times right now. There are some here who think I haven't earned the right to bring up a topic like this because I'm a "newbie." That's fine. Maybe someday I will have the magic number of posts or calender days since my registration to ask. But in the meantime, I have been in the gun world for over 40 years and I have never seen this much tension. Guys who lived through the 60's would probably say it was worse then. Maybe so. Maybe the guys who have been at this site longer think these discussions are entertaining, but I see the need for caution. If that sounds like a thread sheriff then so be it. I have concerns and I am exercising my right to express them. If they are out of line, then the real thread "Sheriffs" will deal with me or lock the thread. Frank is the one who owns and operates this place, but everybody has a place at the table as long as they behave in an appropriate manner. The caretakers of this place are not just the guys with 1,000+ posts. Everybody is responsible for how they deal with guys who are flaky. I appreciate the thoughtful discussions as well as the locker room games that go on here. I am not telling anyone to do or say anything. I'm not telling anyone what or what not to post. All I am saying is that I am glad there is a place like Sniper's Hide that puts a premium on fact. That's it. You don't have to guess what else I'm trying to say. If that's out of line, please forgive me. If it's in line. Fine. Either way, it's JUST A DISCUSSION!!!

This is not directed at any one person, I just think I'm being mis-read and wanted to hopefully clear it up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Humungus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a few questions pertaining to this thread.
</div></div>

SHTF is the excuse people use when they don't actually have a need for something but want to look cool when showing off their collection to husbands of the wife's bridge club. IMHO, the excuse will only truly be legitimatized when it can also be used to explain spending money on baseball cards and muscle cars as well.

"My biggest concern lately is some economic crisis, that causes people to go bananas and start killing each other. Im not worried about the govt in a SHTF, im worried about panicing mobs of people trying to kill me/mine for food, water, ammo, etc. People that are used to the govt holding their hand, who find out that when the SHTF, the govt is too busy to care for them"

This is what will happen.

wj,
Everyone should have enough of the basics to last their families at least 3 weeks.

If you live in / near a major city, their is a 3 day supply in stores, and a 3 day supply in local distribution centers.
That's it.

After that it's truck in time, or rail.

As for the SHTF scenario, I spoke at length with a lifetime ret Sgt Maj.
I asked him what HE thought the Military would do, if we had an episode.

He said, military people take oaths, and they are very serious about those oaths.( which I agreed with him on, except that the Oath is first to the Const, and secondly to the CIC.)

If that's where the SHTF started,then the first part is what I thought would / should be obeyed.(IMHO only).

He said, IF, the powers that be got seriously out of line Unconstitutionally, and the peole took it in their hands, upon themsleves, HE thought the Military would STAND DOWN.

Without saying as much, he acknowledged that the Const & BOR's are the ultimate arbiter, and WE THE PEOPLE are the one's who are IN Control.

Let's hope his assessment is correct.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Two Shoes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wj,
Everyone should have enough of the basics to last their families at least 3 weeks.

If you live in / near a major city, their is a 3 day supply in stores, and a 3 day supply in local distribution centers.
That's it.

After that it's truck in time, or rail.</div></div>

FEMA, Red Cross and even Homeland Sec. use the "72 hour" model when prepping. But even a casual glance at the realities on the ground during a Katrina type event shows that 2-3 weeks is way more in line. 6 months to a year has a better feel to it for me. I'm in the construction industry so, we are in and out of our back up stuff all the time. When we get a little ahead with the business, we get a little a head with our provisions. When it slacks off...the same. The greatest challenge is dealing with a mindset in others (family, etc.) that the "government" will take care of them in a bad time. Can't happen on a large scale because of simple logistics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Two Shoes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He said, IF, the powers that be got seriously out of line Unconstitutionally, and the peole took it in their hands, upon themsleves, HE thought the Military would STAND DOWN.</div></div>

I had a conversation with a friend who is retired CW4 Army SF about this very topic. He said that a poll they took when he was in showed that from Captain down, the guys would not take weapons away from civ if ordered to. Above Captain, they said they would. I said I really don't see that happening and his response was, "Look at Katrina. They did take away weapons." Food for thought. However, I think most of us would agree that the crazy idiot next door is probably a greater threat than trained, professional LE and MIL personnel. They have friends and families too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
However, I think most of us would agree that the crazy idiot next door is probably a greater threat than trained, professional LE and MIL personnel. They have friends and families too. </div></div>

I cant agree with that as a rule. There is no reason to think that your neighbor is a crazy idiot, or that your "trained professional LE and MIL" is not. No offense to you directly, but I think that was a silly statement that you should reconsider.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pok</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
However, I think most of us would agree that the crazy idiot next door is probably a greater threat than trained, professional LE and MIL personnel. They have friends and families too. </div></div>

I cant agree with that as a rule. There is no reason to think that your neighbor is a crazy idiot, or that your "trained professional LE and MIL" is not. No offense to you directly, but I think that was a silly statement that you should reconsider. </div></div>

That statement was based on the assumption that you <span style="text-decoration: underline">know</span> your neighbor is a crazy idiot. On the other end of the statement, ALL my LE and MIL friends are completely squared away. This is not to say that there aren't a few bad apples in the barrel, but on balance, these guys are highly trained to defuse high stress situations and get the opportunity to do so on a daily/nightly basis. No need to reconsider. My statement stands. No offense taken.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Bro, can't use Katrina for this explanation............I was SPECIFICALLY talking about a Unconstitutional take over of powers.</span>
Katrina was a Natural disaster..........

What happened there, for the most part was <span style="font-weight: bold">WRONG</span>, and the City officials( <span style="font-weight: bold">PoPo Chief, and Nagin the Mayor, wrong, wrong, wrong, and Governor were wrong</span>, the officers responding and taking weapons from homeowners were wrong.)

Their was a suit brought aginst the LA government, and PD, they lost.

If Officers above Captain said differently, <span style="font-weight: bold">then they JUST broke their OATHS.
They just became enemy combatants,,,,,,,,,,,,,not American Military.</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Two Shoes</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Bro, can't use Katrina for this explanation............I was SPECIFICALLY talking about a Unconstitutional take over of powers.</span>
Katrina was a Natural disaster..........

What happened there, for the most part was <span style="font-weight: bold">WRONG</span>, and the City officials( <span style="font-weight: bold">PoPo Chief, and Nagin the Mayor, wrong, wrong, wrong, and Governor were wrong</span>, the officers responding and taking weapons from homeowners were wrong.)

Their was a suit brought aginst the LA government, and PD, they lost.

If Officers above Captain said differently, <span style="font-weight: bold">then they JUST broke their OATHS.
They just became enemy combatants,,,,,,,,,,,,,not American Military.</span> </div></div>

I honestly don't care for the Sheriff where I live, but I can say that he did defend us during Katrina. When he got wind of what was going on in New Orleans, he made damn sure that all other Law Enforcement Officers from else where knew not to disarm anyone unless they were using a firearm in an unlawful manner.

Then you have a real American, LE, that understands the Law.
Great to hear these types of stories..........too often, we just hear the shit.

But,,

When I saw a Smackdown on a 70yr old woman w/ an open empty revolver,open cylinder, and by the TG upside down, taken OUT by 2-3, 250# thugs, I about shit my pants.

The old woman was black and blue all over , ever demonstrated any overtly emotional,or violent tendencies, and was as coherent as you and I.

She simply wanted to show the LE that she had food, for herself, her cat's, and a handgun to protect herself......maybe weighed 98#'s......

That was VERY disturbing......totally uncalled for, and the officers involved should have been fired as soon as the video was made public.

I am sure there were some GREAT examples of the LE doing their jobs, in the proper manner, of course we would not see those.

It was a horrible situation, and when you have LE come from all OVER the country, with different training, and laws.........I am sure some were applied incorrectly......and inadvertently.

But, the Const & BOR's are pretty damned black and white.........I don't care if your from Jersey, Kali, or Texas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Humungus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a few questions pertaining to this thread.
</div></div>
SHTF is the excuse people use when they don't actually have a need for something but want to look cool when showing off their collection to husbands of the wife's bridge club. IMHO, the excuse will only truly be legitimatized when it can also be used to explain spending money on baseball cards and muscle cars as well.</div></div>

Someone thats a member here, has a sig that describes this thread the best. I believe it goes something like this,...

There are three types of people,
Those that learn from watching others,
Those that learn by doing,
Then there are those that have to pee on the electric fence for theirself,

Then there are those of us that were in the Chicago Area, when the Riot's broke out. Some of us also watched Kent State, happen live. Never think your Government will not turn it's weapons on US Civies, re-read your history. Kent State was not the first time, nor will it be the last. Sticking your head under a blanket may work for some, not me. I've seen first hand, many sides of your Government in action. The bottom line is this, they will kill you w/o thought if your in their way, they have proven that over an over thru our history.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Two Shoes</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Bro, can't use Katrina for this explanation............I was SPECIFICALLY talking about a Unconstitutional take over of powers.</span>
Katrina was a Natural disaster..........</div></div>

Many would argue that this natural disaster was a pure SHTF scenario. And you made the case yourself that the "authorities" overstepped their bounds. This is how many would define an unconstitutional take over of powers. I think your argument is in <span style="font-style: italic">degrees</span> of take over. My original post was not based on "If" the SHTF, but "When" the SHTF. When guys stumble to this site with a full expectation that our government is <span style="text-decoration: underline">going</span> to unconstitutionally take over and are taken seriously and given serious advise, it runs against the grain of what this place is about. This is clearly just my opinion and I in no way want to speak for any member here. I just appreciate it when cooler heads prevail.

And,

WPDIGFWIAFTRFTANTSOOI? - JIC

Which pack do I get for when I am forced to run from THEM and need to shoot off of it? - Just in case.

THEM

They haunt every man.

These things are important because since the beginning, the story of man involves any number of stories interwoven into his life that involves FEAR.

Feeble Easy Anxiety Response.

With the hatred of Islam replacing the anti-Communist crusade, it is always interesting to step back a few paces and examine the role of the boogeyman throughout all societies.

For me, I prefer the Cherokee idea. If the SHTF, I am going to have a corn festival and dance the Booger Dance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sinn fein</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ITEOTWAWKI</div></div>

and i feel fine.........
laugh.gif