• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WWII Diorama - Work in Progress

Check out Squadron Models for all kinds of detail goodies. https://www.squadron.com/ Great source for highly detailed photo etched metal bits. Voyager is another. Not my photo, but this shows some of the photo etched scales parts they sell look like.
View attachment 7368830View attachment 7368830

I used to really be into this when I was younger and thought about it again but they cost too much now with all my other projects. However, a super detailed Stryker is one I'd like to do. One of the original ones without all the shit though. Be cool to do all the variants and line 'em up in a motor pool too.

You know, if you're good at this I bet you could get many military units to bankroll the supplies if you gave 'em the finished product to display, like say in a Bde. headquarters... I mean, I've seen it before. Also I know for a fact some American Legions will pay for it (but good luck finding one flush with cash about now).

Step 3 is done. Still have a LOT more work to do though.
DSC_4346.JPG

Originally this was planning for a group of guys rearming the tiger and a bunch of empty crates lying around but the store sold out of the German tank crew. This may still happen eventually.

As for future plans....

DSC_4348.JPG

The Sherman and the German Pak40 will be together with the Sherman exploding in a ball of flame. The Large Tiger will be with the bombed out building on a city street. There will be a scene for the american troops in a battle as well. The Alligator will be a beach scene coming out of the water on a pacific beach. The two small tanks will be a winter scene that I'll be doing inside a German Helmet.

Originally this was planning for a group of guys rearming the tiger and a bunch of empty crates lying around but the store sold out of the German tank crew. This may still happen eventually.

As for future plans....

View attachment 7441442

The Sherman and the German Pak40 will be together with the Sherman exploding in a ball of flame. The Large Tiger will be with the bombed out building on a city street. There will be a scene for the american troops in a battle as well. The Alligator will be a beach scene coming out of the water on a pacific beach. The two small tanks will be a winter scene that I'll be doing inside a German Helmet.

That represents a bit of an investment there.

They are no longer $10-$15 a box as in my day.

Reactions: Barneybdb
That represents a bit of an investment there.

They are no longer $10-$15 a box as in my day.

Some I picked up in garage sales or from classifieds. But yeah Tamiya isn't cheap. That collection would be about $450 Canuck dollars for me to buy it all new.

Reactions: pmclaine
Changed the tree trunk (will probably change the tree top once more flock comes in) and added some water (need to add some ripples as it's too calm). Then just add some grass tufts, maybe a bush and I'll be done

DSC_4352.JPG

Outstanding! I really need to get back into scale aircraft models.

Changed the tree trunk (will probably change the tree top once more flock comes in) and added some water (need to add some ripples as it's too calm). Then just add some grass tufts, maybe a bush and I'll be done

View attachment 7441762

Need to add a GI with an 03A4 and obliterate the tank commanders head....maybe just show cotton painted pink representing the mist hanging in the air.