• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing XD .45 Trigger Job?

Blackstone

Malefactors Nightmare
Minuteman
May 13, 2004
Rock City, Land of Lincoln
Is there a drop-in trigger, (like the Ghost Rocket for Glocks), that is available for an XD Tactical in .45ACP?

I want to shorten the pre-travel, lighten the pull to #3.5, reduce over travel and quicken the re-set.

Your 1st hand experience is appreciated.

Re: XD .45 Trigger Job?

not that I know of but Rich at http://www.canyoncreekcustom.com/ can do a trigger job on it that will blow your mind
smile.gif

While these kits look nice,
they appear to only be for 9/40.
Will they work in a 45?
I have an XD 45 Tactical, and would be very interested,
Andy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ken Darnell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Blackstone,

Check out www.powderriverprecision.com

They have what you are looking for. Also check this tread for install pictures http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/latest-hs20...ravel-stop.html

Ken

</div></div>

After reading the forum mentioned above,
it appears that some XD45 owners have successfully installed the kit and it works well,
Andy

I know this is an old thread but did you do the trigger mod? Which one? Are you happy with it?

I've had Canyon Creek do one for me, it's nothing short of amazing, it's the closest thing you can get to a single stage 1911 trigger and around 2.5#. I got my pistol back and went out shooting with some friends that weekend; the next Monday, there were 3 more XD's and XDM's in a box going to Canyon Creek.

I've shot the Powder Creek DIY trigger, it's a vast improvement over stock but not in the same league as a CC or Springer trigger job.

I put a PPR Ultimate Match Trigger kit in my xdm 9mm last weekend. I shot about 350 rds. This kit is a huge improvement over the stock trigger. Installation was very easy with some minor fitting. They also sell a drop in trigger kit if you don't want to do any fitting of parts.

Jacob

I put at PRP Ultimate Match trigger kit in my XD 45 TAC, and really like it. It took a few hours of fitting, but is a vast improvement--much short, lighter pull and reset. There may be just a hint--not much--of mushiness.

In fact, it is such an improvement that after I picked up my XDm 5.25 Comp in 9mm, I immediately odered the same kit for that. While the 5.25 has a pretty good factory trigger, the pull and reset is abotu twice that of my XD now.

However, this thread got me thinking, so I am now going to send the 5.25 to Canyon Creek for them to do a trigger job and then see how that compares to the DIY kit. The Ultimate Match kit and the CC trigger job are both about $140. The only rub is sending the pistol back and forth to CC adds about $70...

I will follow up in this thread later in Jan or Feb when I get the gun back and can get a feel for it.

ZY

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Red_SC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've had Canyon Creek do one for me, it's nothing short of amazing, it's the closest thing you can get to a single stage 1911 trigger and around 2.5#. I got my pistol back and went out shooting with some friends that weekend; the next Monday, there were 3 more XD's and XDM's in a box going to Canyon Creek.

I've shot the Powder Creek DIY trigger, it's a vast improvement over stock but not in the same league as a CC or Springer trigger job. </div></div>

I've been looking for an upgrade to my XD45 Tactical. I may have to give CC a call

Let me know if you're over this way and I'll let you try it out, we need to get together in Aynor again.