• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XLR Chassis Build Thread

4RingShooter

Classified
Minuteman
Aug 20, 2013
Norcal
2019 Comp Rifle Build Specs:

20190717_074324.jpg

20190502-210348.jpg

6 Dasher – CS Tactical Built:
-Rubicon Precision Chambered 6 Dasher(Reamer designed by DB)
-Lone Peak Arms Fuzion Stainless Action, Nitrided
-Proof Stainless 6mm Barrel, Comp Contour, 7 Twist, 28”
-MBM 2-Piece Beast Brake
-XLR Heavy Fill Chassis
-XLR BMG Recoil Pad and Plate
-XLR Bag Rider
-XLR Weight Kit
-Minox ZP5 5-25x56 MR4
-Spuhr 4601 Mount
-Vortex Bubble Level
-Ckye Pod, Arca, PRS Length
-SAP 2 Round Holder
-ESC Dynamic Skid Pad
-Armageddon Gear OG Game Changer, Waxed Canvas
-Arc and MDT Mags
-Currently using 115 Dtacs ~2800

284 Short Action – CS Tactical Built:
-Rubicon Precision Chambered 284 Short Action(Reamer designed by Brian Sanders)
-Proof Stainless 7mm Barrel, M24 Contour(soon to be comp), 8 Twist, 28”
-MBM 2-Piece Beast Brake
-XLR Heavy Fill Chassis
-XLR Bag Rider
-XLR Weight Kit
-Minox ZP5 5-25x56 MR4
-Spuhr 4601 Mount
-Vortex Bubble Level
-Ckye Pod, Arca, PRS Length
-Sap Two Round Holder
-ESC Dynamic Skid Pad
-Armageddon Gear OG Game Changer, Waxed Canvas
-Accurate 300wsm Mags
-Currently using 180 Eldm’s ~2815.

Last edited:
-CS Tactical Built
-Rubicon Precision 30/28 Nosler(Reamer designed by DB)
-Lone Peak Fuzion TI Action
-Proof Carbon Barrel - 28" Sendero - 9 Twist
-XLR Carbon Chassis with Folder
-XLR Bag Rider
-Henderson Precision Arca Plate
-MBM Ti Brake
-Vortex AMG
-Nightforce Rings
-Accurate Mags
-Currently using 230 Hybrids ~2950
-Weight ~10.5lbs

Took this rig on a Mule deer hunt this year and it worked out great.

dsc_0600-2-jpg.6973918

dsc_0637-jpg.6973921

Last edited:
I actually have pics of that 30/28 Nosler saved on my phone. Love it! I've got a Gen 1 Carbon. Waiting for my smith to get done with barrels for my Origin. Starting with a 223 and a Valkyrie. I'll try to remember to post pics when I get it all bolted together.

On my second XLR chassis.

First was an Savage 12 LRP 6.5cm in an Element Gen1 chassis. Added a Area419 ARCA rail later.

Second was on a rifle I built. I ordered their old Envy JV on the Black Friday sale. Called them in early January and Matt (aka Mr Awesome) told me they upgraded my order to the new version at no charge and shipped it to me before they released it.

Best part of this build, I was able to assemble it in 30 minutes after I had all the parts.

• Bighorn Origin
  • XLR Envy JV with mercury tube
  • Giessele R700 trigger
  • ARC BarLoc
  • Hawkhill 26 M24 6.5cm
  • Area419 Hellfire

Last edited:
Second was on a rifle I built. I ordered their old Envy JV on the Black Friday sale. Called them in early January and Matt (aka Mr Awesome) told me they upgraded my order to the new version at no charge and shipped it to me before they released it.

Best part of this build, I was able to assemble it in 30 minutes after I had all the parts.

Glad to hear! Reach out any time and let me know what you think of the AR buttstock you recently picked up.

XLR Element with folder.
Nucleus short action
Shilen prefit in 260
ARC BarLoc
Huber two stage 2#
It now has a Heathen Brake
ARC M10 rings
Athlon Cronus
Atlas CAL with RRS clamp and XLR Arca rail.
Homemade bag rider and cheek rest.

No nice glamour shots.

At my 1 mile spot.

On my materials freezer at work.

In position to pound on my 1125 yard plate.

Glad to hear! Reach out any time and let me know what you think of the AR buttstock you recently picked up.

I really like it. Added it to a DMR style rifle I built/finishing (photo below). I like the idea of keeping the same ergonomics across multiple rifles. I was looking at Manners for a hunting build but the new lightweight Element has my attention now.

I have an older XLR Carbon with folder. I think I bought it around 2014. I had a R700 action in it originally, but I just upgraded.
ARC Nucleus action
PVA shouldered prefit 6.5cm barrel
APA Little Bastard brake
Timney trigger
Steiner Military 4-16x50
ARC M10 rings
I got bored last winter and put a Kuiu Verde wrap on it from gunskins.com. It's reasonably durable so far.

8Gw7PIP.jpg

@Fret Those are some awesome groups! Hope you are enjoying the chassis and the results with the PTA action.

Thanks! I think your chassis helps a lot with accuracy and you guys are really great to buy from. I just got the Gen 2 Element chassis you have on sale and will get a .222 Rem on another Savage PTA to see how much more accurate it is than a .223. I might have to get another Element for another build before you run out of them. :)

Reactions: XLR Industries
Here's my 30/28 Setup I used on Monday out to 2000. (Planning on switching to a 300 Norma/Lone Peak/ZCO Soon!)

IMG-0700-2.jpg

30/28 Nosler – CS Tactical Built:
-Rubicon Precision Chambered 30/28 Nosler
-Defiance Deviant Long Action, Nitrided
-Proof Stainless 30 Cal Comp Contour, 28" 9 Twist
-MBM 2-Piece Beast Brake
-XLR Envy Chassis
-XLR Weight Kit
-Minox ZP5 5-25x56 MR4
-Spuhr 4601 Mount
-Sap Two Round Holder
-Currently using 230 Atips ~ 2900

Here's my 30/28 Setup I used on Monday out to 2000. (Planning on switching to a 300 Norma/Lone Peak/ZCO Soon!)

IMG-0700-2.jpg

30/28 Nosler – CS Tactical Built:
-Rubicon Precision Chambered 30/28 Nosler
-Defiance Deviant Long Action, Nitrided
-Proof Stainless 30 Cal Comp Contour, 28" 9 Twist
-MBM 2-Piece Beast Brake
-XLR Envy Chassis
-XLR Weight Kit
-Minox ZP5 5-25x56 MR4
-Spuhr 4601 Mount
-Sap Two Round Holder
-Currently using 230 Atips ~ 2900
Canyon bear rifle!! Yogi at a mile no worries ;)

On my second XLR chassis.

First was an Savage 12 LRP 6.5cm in an Element Gen1 chassis. Added a Area419 ARCA rail later.

View attachment 7119588

• Bighorn Origin
  • XLR Envy JV with mercury tube
  • Giessele R700 trigger
  • ARC BarLoc
  • Hawkhill 26 M24 6.5cm
  • Area419 Hellfire
View attachment 7119594
View attachment 7119595
Does the shorter element chassis make this set up front heavy(easily tips forward)?

Does the shorter element chassis make this set up front heavy(easily tips forward)?

It was a little nose heavy while holding but still balanced on bag. XLR now has weights you can add to the butt stock tube to fix that.

I need to update this thread more often, I've got several new rifles I'll post up!

2020 Comp Rifle:

20200712_201951_resized.jpg

6.5 Creedmoor – CS Tactical Built:
-Rubicon Precision Chambered 6.5 CM
-XLR Envy Pro Chassis
-XLR Bag Rider
-XLR JV Weight Kit
-XLR Timer
-Proof Stainless 6.5mm Barrel, Comp Contour, 7.5 Twist, 28”
-MBM 2-Piece Beast Brake
-KSS Barrel Tuner
-Leupold MK5 5-25 with new Reticle
-Leupold 1-Piece Mount - 1.5" 20moa
-Vortex Bubble Level
-Ckye Pod
-SAP 2 Round Holder

Currently running the 156 Bergers ~2750

I also have this same setup in 6gt, currently running the 108 Berger Hunters ~2950.

Didn’t enlarge anything in it. It’s all factory except the color. The smaller holes are for the mlok

Didn’t enlarge anything in it. It’s all factory except the color. The smaller holes are for the mlok

Edit: I’m an idiot.. I thought I was looking at a carbon and not an evolution.. Sorry to bother you. Regardless, those are some fantastic rifles. You’ve got good taste. And thanks for the response

Reactions: Geno C.
No worries. Only carbon I have is the “red” one. That one I will be cutting holes in the top of TV hand guard so I can mount a rail on top to mount a prism at some point to get the little 22 way out there

Reactions: NaciremaToirtap
No worries. Only carbon I have is the “red” one. That one I will be cutting holes in the top of TV hand guard so I can mount a rail on top to mount a prism at some point to get the little 22 way out there

I wonder if a guy could cut the smaller holes bigger to make it look more like the Evolution without losing too much structural integrity? That’s why I brought this up originally. I thought you had done that. But if you do customize a carbon at all, can you photograph it and explain the results? I’d really appreciate it

No I mean the other ones. Your green rifle has a different handguard than the other evolutions. It’s mlok and it’s larger. The other evolutions have small tube with only large holes. What I had in mind was making the 45° holes in a carbon larger, so it looks like the tube on your green rifle.

Reactions: Geno C.