• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XLR Chassis Stock

Very familiar with that shop (about 15mins from my house). A very...interesting...shop.

What the heck are you doing in Esco? :)

I got to put 5 rounds down the tube before sending my rifle to my local smith a week ago for a muzzle brake install and cerakote of the stock. Color choice is a secret until I can post pics in two weeks :)

I've waited over 3 months now for this build to be complete and I'm lucky I got to put the 5 rounds down the tube. I'm looking forward to getting it back and getting some serious range time behind the new rifle. Got 25% of the funds saved for my second chassis for my 223 trainer.

Here is an older stock with the PRS:

XLR65002-1.jpg

XLR65_044MOD5.jpg

I'm very sure that is an M60 bipod, it's bad ass.

Very familiar with that shop (about 15mins from my house). A very...interesting...shop.

What the heck are you doing in Esco? :)

I'm TAD to Camp Pendleton and made the drive. John, I think, has been an outstanding guy to deal with so far. I picked up boxes of Federal Gold Match for .300 for 55 a box and some red box Black hills for less. I also got the chassis at asking price with the mag out the door. I don't know of any history with him, but he has been really nice to me. I'm heading home at the end of this week and back a week later and plan on shooting at Pala with the chassis mounted.

I'm TAD to Camp Pendleton and made the drive. John, I think, has been an outstanding guy to deal with so far. I picked up boxes of Federal Gold Match for .300 for 55 a box and some red box Black hills for less. I also got the chassis at asking price with the mag out the door. I don't know of any history with him, but he has been really nice to me. I'm heading home at the end of this week and back a week later and plan on shooting at Pala with the chassis mounted.

Skelt11,

Didn't mean to imply the shop was bad per se, just that it has (over the years) gone through various fellows working the front desk. It's been a few months since I passed through there, but John was the fellow behind the counter then, and was very courteous and kind.

In the past, I had occasions where one gentlemen felt compelled to tell me all about how a rifle should be set up, trued, mic'ed etc...and that my setup was wrong, and that I couldn't possibly shoot consistently long range well that way (uh...yeah, okay, right...). Sigh...

It is nice to hear that the recent change seems to have stuck (for a while it was more a boys club than a shooting shop, serious about catering to the job/sport). May have to pop in there this weekend....

I'm checking my email every 10 minutes hoping for a tracking number. I can't wait to strap my action in the XLR and burn some powder!

I've been having some serious accuracy issues out of my factory Rem 700 ADL, and I've basically attributed these issues to the horrible stock that comes on the gun. I added a Jewell trigger, which I ended up having to inlet. The only thing I can figure is that the remaining bedding isn't doing a very good job of supporting my action. Got my fingers crossed, hoping the XLR solves my problems!

Well I finally get home and go to work on my chassis and I broke the damn thing. I was trying to remove the castle nut to put the folding stock adapter on it. While I was trying to remove the castle nut with a wrench I was trying to use the pistol grip for leverage and the grip and trigger housing came right off. The housing is only held in place with one screw and it seems a bit short for the job. I'm a bit bummed and my new .300 5R will have to sit in its AX chassis for now. I'm going to email Kyle and send it off to him. The screw hole is stripped out. Not sure what it is going to take to fix it.

Well I finally get home and go to work on my chassis and I broke the damn thing. I was trying to remove the castle nut to put the folding stock adapter on it. While I was trying to remove the castle nut with a wrench I was trying to use the pistol grip for leverage and the grip and trigger housing came right off. The housing is only held in place with one screw and it seems a bit short for the job. I'm a bit bummed and my new .300 5R will have to sit in its AX chassis for now. I'm going to email Kyle and send it off to him. The screw hole is stripped out. Not sure what it is going to take to fix it.

Isn't that standard for AR style pistol grips?

It is, but the grip is attached to the mag well/trigger guard. There is another hex head screw that attaches the mag well and trigger guard to the frame itself. That is what I broke.

Last edited:
Just received my XRL chassis three days ago. I absolutely love it and cannot leave it alone. We've had high winds since I put it together which does not excite me one bit. The craftsmanship it by far top notch. Thank you Kyle Miller and everyone else at XLR Industries. You did a spectacular job and dealing with XLR Industries has been an absolute pleasure. Many that have seen my chassis on my Remington 700 have drooled and asked where my work was done. I was proud to spread the good word. Thanks to all that have left great posts that have assisted me in making this build possible. This is my new local news station, lol.

Attachments

• DSCN1397.jpg
    DSCN1397.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 24
I talked to Kyle yesterday. My chassis is ready and has been shipped. I'll be dropping my .308 into it until Chad at Long Rifles starts accepting actions for the group buy. I can't pass on the opportunity to have a tuned action and Bartlein barrel in a great chassis.

I received my carbon xlr today. I have to say I am a lot more impressed now then ever looking at pictures of it! The new folding hinge is real nice as well.

I will build it this afternoon and get some pictures up!!

I received my carbon xlr today. I have to say I am a lot more impressed now then ever looking at pictures of it! The new folding hinge is real nice as well.

I will build it this afternoon and get some pictures up!!

Hey, post some pics of the hinge, open, closed, etc., when you get a chance. I had the older version but didn't like it so I sent it back and I'd like to see how the new version compares.

Thanks

Here are some pictures.
The hinge is very nice and adjustable so you can take out any play at lock up. It works very nice and smooth. Only complaint I have is it doesn't lock folded like my APO but it is very nice!! I wish it was something I could fit to my lmt mws.

The rifle is a savage model 12 lrp in 22-250. Unfortunately if you notice the rings I messed up my measurements and need taller rings! Anyone have some badger m40a3 rings in large???
6DC09A4C-7C59-4767-A46E-82F644249CDA-3555-0000029DEEB763C8.jpg

CE8EE4D9-B4B9-4E3A-9A9B-84A4827224A8-3555-0000029DE9049DFB.jpg

847EBFB5-0B63-4EA4-AB08-CBC139C5A266-3555-0000029DC157CAED.jpg

75941809-6D75-4906-A18A-C14167699518-3555-0000029DA0510639.jpg

Here are some pictures.
The hinge is very nice and adjustable so you can take out any play at lock up. It works very nice and smooth. Only complaint I have is it doesn't lock folded like my APO but it is very nice!! I wish it was something I could fit to my lmt mws.

The rifle is a savage model 12 lrp in 22-250. Unfortunately if you notice the rings I messed up my measurements and need taller rings! Anyone have some badger m40a3 rings in large???

That looks great! These pics really make me want a Carbon XLR. I'm putting a AICS AX for sale and may just have to order one.

How do you like the XRS? I have one and haven't had a chance to really play with it.

Here's another picture of my XLR chassis. This is it with my 6.5 Creedmoor barreled action in it. Not my .223. but its going back on the .223 pretty soon.

Last edited:
Here are some pictures.

Spec scope & scope ring....

Thank you

Here are some pictures....

Cool, thanks man. Am I seeing that it releases with a push button? It looks much nicer/streamlined with the rest of the stock compred to the other one. Kinda sucks it does not lock although I mainly want it for ease of cleaning so as not to have to loosen the stock screws every time. I tried calling to get one yesterday but Kyle was out of the office per the recorded message. PM me the price when you get a chance.

Thanks again

Cool, thanks man. Am I seeing that it releases with a push button? It looks much nicer/streamlined with the rest of the stock compred to the other one. Kinda sucks it does not lock although I mainly want it for ease of cleaning so as not to have to loosen the stock screws every time. I tried calling to get one yesterday but Kyle was out of the office per the recorded message. PM me the price when you get a chance.

Thanks again

There is a push button to release the folder. It is very compact and so far seems to be a good design. I don't see any wear points that would affect over all rigidity.as said before, It is very light and compact. I have a few APO folding chassis and there folder is very very solid and locks open and closed but it is also quite heavy. The locking folded I think is a good idea if the rifle is packed in a bag such as hiking with. It does make it very easy to clean though.
I will post more detailed pictures tonight of the folding mechanism

Hey guys. My XLR chassis is on order and I went with the 14" handguard. The action that is going into it is a T/C .308 weather shield. Should I think about a 12" fore end? I was thinking the 14" would give me more leeway for my bi-pod mounting but would the 12" be stiffer?

Can't find the info on the xlr site. What is the current lead time? I got 5 months to work with at the moment. Last i read it was only like 8-10 weeks?
Has anyone done a build on one of these with a long barrel? Like 30"?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I ordered mine about a week ago and when I spoke to them, they said 8 weeks.

Can't find the info on the xlr site. What is the current lead time? I got 5 months to work with at the moment. Last i read it was only like 8-10 weeks?
Has anyone done a build on one of these with a long barrel? Like 30"?

Mine is a 28" barrel and a little bit of the barrel got cut off in the picture. so add a couple more inches to mine.

Well it was a great day today. I made a deal on a Nightforce scope and a 700 short action for the Long Rfles group buy and my XLR chassis was delivered today. The chassis looks great. I'm really impressed with the folding mechanism. Lock up is rock solid. Kyle does nice work and delivered on time.

I just went through all 129 pages of this thread! Some nice rifles! But i was disappointed to only see ONE rifle fixed with the LRAbipod and no posts about them.
I assume, given the price, that the base swivels to compensate for rifle cant?
XLR is going to be my chassis choice for my 338lm build and I'm hoping to add the lra bipod because it looks badass! But function still trumps form - the lra needs to swivel...

Pan would be nice, but i cant live without cant! Thank you, Kyle, for the quick response to my email. Looking forward to doing business with you.

I have 2 of them and a third one will be ordered soon.:D

Attachments

• CARBON JACKAL 3.jpg
    CARBON JACKAL 3.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 26
  • RED JACKAL 1.jpg
    RED JACKAL 1.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 19
I finally get to post pics!!!

Savage 10 SA (4.4 spacing) - AccuTrigger
- PTG fluted body (cerakoted in Graphite Black) and PTG milled 308 bolt head
- Bolt handle done by Phoenix Custom Rifles

Criterion Barrel 26" 260 Rem Match (longer freebore) Varmint Profile 1/8 twist
- JP Enterprise Bennie Cooley Muzzle Brake installed by Titan Weapons in Benbrook, TX)
- Cerakoted in Graphite Black

XLR Chassis - Corvette Yellow (cerakoting done by Titan Weapons)

Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP MIL/MIL
Vortex rings (Seekins)

(sorry for the crappy cell phone pics - raining outside and camera batteries are dead)

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 26
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 22
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I modified my XLR slightly yesterday. I found it was difficult to quickly make mag changes, especially while prone...

rangeryo-albums-rem-700-308-picture5400-321689-10151595856705071-826199079-n.jpg

You're not the first to do this. It seems like a necessary mod for those looking to quick change mags. I'm handy with a dremel and/or file, but if it could be an option on the CNC at XLR I'd be down...

You're not the first to do this. It seems like a necessary mod for those looking to quick change mags. I'm handy with a dremel and/or file, but if it could be an option on the CNC at XLR I'd be down...

Yeah, I think it should really be standard. It's really the only thing that I see the XLR as lacking in. I just put mine in a manual mill, and cut away. It's not perfect, as the mag well is wider at one end than the other, but I think it works nicely. I think I still need to get rid of the sharp edge at the bottom of the bevel, with a slight radius, but overall I'm happy, with the exception of the scratch where my maintenance guy tried to convince me he could do it with a file. After that, I said no thank you, I'll do it myself.

What size are the scope rings?

I don't know who you were directing this to, but I use Burris xtreme tactical rings in medium height (.5'') with my 44mm vortex objective and BC flip caps. The high (.75'') would probably be neccessary with the 50/56mm objectives, or even if I had the Evo Hd with the 2'' handgaurd.

By the way, I emailed Kyle about this, and he said their manufacturing process wasn't set up to easily implement the bevel in the mag well. With that said, I'd be willing to machine this out for anyone willing to send the action part of their stock to me. Free as in free beer. I literally spent 15 minutes on mine, including some time with the file/emery paper to knock out machining marks.

Last edited:
you guys are killing me... i have two regular XLR and those carbon fiber pictures... mmm... very sharp

Hey Ranger, I have a Dremel, several files and such, so candu myself. How much did you take off?
I don't know who you were directing this to, but I use Burris xtreme tactical rings in medium height (.5'') with my 44mm vortex objective and BC flip caps. The high (.75'') would probably be neccessary with the 50/56mm objectives, or even if I had the Evo Hd with the 2'' handgaurd.

By the way, I emailed Kyle about this, and he said their manufacturing process wasn't set up to easily implement the bevel in the mag well. With that said, I'd be willing to machine this out for anyone willing to send the action part of their stock to me. Free as in free beer. I literally spent 15 minutes on mine, including some time with the file/emery paper to knock out machining marks.