• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XLR Chassis Stock

i ordered my first chassis ever this last weekend! decided to go with an xlr element!! check out red hawk rifles website. they have a 4th of july sale on xlr chassis! shipped out today. cant wait to get it. hope its okay to post the website on here, not sure if their a member or not. just wanna save you guys some hard earned $$! ill post some pictures up when i get it!

I have an evolution hd chassis for sale, cerakoted in digicam. Only kicker is you have to buy the barreled action and bipod attached to it. But it's listed in the firearms for sale if you wanna take a look...
upugysub.jpg

received my element today! dont mind the red dot, dont have the scope i want yet and didnt want it to look naked! im so happy with this chassis, i was worried i wouldnt like it compared to a more traditional stock but its actually really comfortable to hold while standing. the grip is outstanding as well. awesome light weight package. thanks guys!

Attachments

• 20140710_182044.jpg
    20140710_182044.jpg
    778 KB · Views: 51
  • 20140710_182145.jpg
    20140710_182145.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 20140710_182018.jpg
    20140710_182018.jpg
    819.3 KB · Views: 43
Anyone have recommendations for a different grip? I have smaller hands and I really don't like the feel of the ergo one on there now. It's a little too fat in the middle for me.

Anyone have recommendations for a different grip? I have smaller hands and I really don't like the feel of the ergo one on there now. It's a little too fat in the middle for me.

Try the original ergo, without the beaver tail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys, I have a quick question. I'm going to take my rifle out to break in and Zero for the first time. Any recomendations on how many rounds I should put through her? Any break in tips would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Mike.

I went through a pack of 20 for my Remington 700P, but didn't bother following any break-in procedures for my Savage 10TR. I haven't seen any adverse effects on my Savage, but so far, she shoots like a hot damn.

By the way, new guy here and haven't posted very much, but here's my Savage 10TR in the XLR Carbon chassis:

DSCN6777.JPG

DSCN6732.JPG

DSCN6700.JPG

DSCN6728.JPG

DSCN6707.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN6777.JPG
    DSCN6777.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
I'm thinking about getting a nice rear rest for load development and shooting groups off the bench. Maybe one of the ones made with some leather for better stability. I have never had one of these bench rest type bags before and I'm wondering if they get a stable grip on relatively narrow XLR tactical stock. Specific recommendations/feedback/links on rest that do and do not work would be appreciated. Pics are always a plus. Thanks.

Last edited:
My favorite rear rest on the xlr tactical buttstock is the Red Tac gear 1/2 pint. Its super stable for me, and still easy to squeeze for elevation changes

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I need recommendation on the scope size for a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x SFP

Kyle mentioned "1.125" tall or taller measured from the top of the scope base to the ring center-line" however I don't have my scope base yet so I can't really measure it yet. I plan on getting the XLR 20 MOA base.

I've read that Burris or Seekins rings were recommended but don't know whether I need a medium or high rings.

I have the Carbon chassis for my Rem 700 .308 Varmint 26".

Kyle I have one of your carbon Chassis and I wanted to use one of my Lancers LCR5 round hand guards instead of my Octagonal guard that came with your Chassis. Do you have a front piece that would allow the round hand guard to be installed?

i found a used steel Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle 10rnd AI .308 S/A magazine for $40 shipped.

Is this good to go for my carbon chassis?

Looking forward to getting an Element for my wife's 6x47. Kyle has been a great guy from way BitD and now I won't have to re-ring my scope I'm going to get one.

Yep, Varmint Stainless. Ive been keen to try out a Tikka, and obviously stock choices limited me to a S/A (even though I was after another magnum), so the 300wsm fit the requirements perfectly.

Gary that is the standard Ergo grip that comes with the XLR but he added the palm shelf just like mine.
XLR700SA.jpg

Attachments

• XLR700SA.jpg
    XLR700SA.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
700XLR.jpg700XLR2.jpgXLR7003.jpg
Just got my Remington that I ordered from Red Hawk Rifles. XLR chassis with a 20" barrel and a surefire muzzle break, and topped with a nightforce 3.5-15 NXS.

What's the ID of the handguard of the carbon or regular evolution? Looking to mount a 10" barrel with a suppressor under the handguard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where can I find a palmshelf like that?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Yep, Varmint Stainless. Ive been keen to try out a Tikka, and obviously stock choices limited me to a S/A (even though I was after another magnum), so the 300wsm fit the requirements perfectly.

Do you have any pics on your final setup with this stock ?
And also....do you know the final weight ?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
J66

My Tikka T3 Super Varmint .308 with Kahles K624i, Atlas Bipods, XLR Carbon and Ase SL-5 silencerImageUploadedByTapatalk1410619124.371258.jpg
Me = Happy

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410619136.232513.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410619136.232513.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 37