• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XLR Chassis Stock

Re: XLR Chassis Stock

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: garrettjusmc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
393b35c5.jpg

cb75de19.jpg

Steve here is mine. </div></div>

Have you put that Huber Concepts in there yet?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PRS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, this may be a dumb question but I cannot figure out the correct ring height. I know they have the formula but I can only find the numbers for my scope. If anyone has the same rig I would appreciate the help because I only want to order rings once. I have a Savage 10FCP-K in .308 with a EGW heavy duty 20moa base. Vortex PST FFP 6-24 scope with the outside diameter of 2.26".
I would like to use the Burris XTR xtra high rings which are listed as 1.00". Would that be enough to clear? I will be using Buttler creek caps. Any help or suggestions is appreciated. Thanks. </div></div>

I believe the Burris XTR rings measure to the base of the scope. That would give you a 1.59" high total to the centerline on the scope. Mine is at the same height as seen in my pictures and you would only need that much if you were running night vision in front. I can fit a 45acp round between the bottom of the scope and the front handguard with these rings and a Bushnell 6500 4.5-30x50 scope. Just a FYI- More than enough room. Cheers

Thank you very much. I will get the high rings then that will knock off .25" and bring it where I want it.
I guess I will ask my other question on average how long is the rifle. My barrel is 24" with a break and I got the tactical buttstock. I realize the length depends on the length of pull I choose for my buttstock but on average is what I need. I am going to order a case and I want to make sure that it fits.

My 10 FCP-K measures in at 47" set up like this
xlr1.jpg

I see you are running a 5 round mag.
Any issues with inserting/removing the mag?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fdkay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see you are running a 5 round mag.
Any issues with inserting/removing the mag? </div></div>

No issues at all, works great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WhiteDingo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Anyone received theirs lately who could comment if Kyle's 10 week estimates are holding up? </div></div>

Kyle started work on my TRG-S chassis right around August 15th, and I will be receiving it Friday. That's a new stock layout, so I don't know how that affected timeline. </div></div>

Please post pictures - I have a TRG-S and would be interested this!

Thanks

IMG_20111226_154934.jpg

i like the paint job. duracoat, krylon? is that at 50mm or 56mm objective? what ring size? thanks.

I ordered my XLR for my Rem 700 .308 as well as my vortex viper pst 4-16x50. This will be my first build and I believe I will need 1.225 high rings. Can anyone confirm this for me please?

Also could I get a recommendation for rings and a 20moa base?

I keep seeing TPS and Badger mentioned.

Thanks
Dan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chubbles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_20111226_154934.jpg

i like the paint job. duracoat, krylon? is that at 50mm or 56mm objective? what ring size? thanks. </div></div>
Thanks! I did a Duracoat base in desert warrior dark earth and Krylon on top. The scope is a NXS 3.5-15x56 sitting in a LaRue QD mount

I went ahead and installed an Ace push button folding mechanism on my XLR chassis for my Tikka T3 Varmint.

6663036629_8eda6bb0c6_b.jpg

6663035743_915fe7ee20_b.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rudynix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I went ahead and installed an Ace push button folding mechanism on my XLR chassis for my Tikka T3 Varmint.
</div></div>

Does the push button adapter have any play to it when locked out? Both of my Ace folders (non push button) have a small amount of play in them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Does the push button adapter have any play to it when locked out? Both of my Ace folders (non push button) have a small amount of play in them. </div></div>

I installed the push button mechanism type folder due to the complaints I've read from some about the play with the other folder. The one I installed on mine, when folded, there is no play what so ever, but when unfolded, I have a very minimal amount. Maybe less than 1/16" movement at the end of the butt stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rudynix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I installed the push button mechanism type folder due to the complaints I've read from some about the play with the other folder. The one I installed on mine, when folded, there is no play what so ever, but when unfolded, I have a very minimal amount. Maybe less than 1/16" movement at the end of the butt stock. </div></div>

Unfolded is what I am concerned about. Sounds like the push button is similar to the non push button. Minimal play and really doesn't hurt anything but I'd prefer it not be there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Unfolded is what I am concerned about. Sounds like the push button is similar to the non push button. Minimal play and really doesn't hurt anything but I'd prefer it not be there. </div></div>

Agreed. The push button feature does make it very easy to fold and unfold though, so I'm not really disappointed going this route.

I have two ace folders.

One has zero play and locks up really tight.

The other has just a touch of play. Its so small i could not even measure it. Maybe 1/64th. But you can feel it when concentrating hard!!!

Both are excellent in my opinion!!

I'm thinking of a 18" barrel 700 with non folding CTR/riser on a low power scope. Thinking of a #5 contour, guessing around .750 at 18"? Would anyone have information on that or offer afdvise on what profile to end up there?
I'm looking at the Douglas which can be ordered cut/crowned, etc and final fitting by the smith.

Anyone have a pic of a CTR with a barrel that's 18"? I'm looking at being approx 9lbs with this(counting on one pound for my scope/rings).

If shooting anything from 150 ball/hunting ammo to 175 match, what would be the ideal twist?

Mark

EVO-Green001.jpg
[/quote]

does anyone know if a monopod can be mounted on the extreme buttstock in a fashion similar to this?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cavemanmoore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just saw a rifle on Sunday that had one mounted exactly like that. </div></div>

cool. standard or extreme stock? i hate to keep harpin on this topic since im probably the only one who cares...but does anyone know if its a factory option or am i going to need to get out my tools?

So took my rifle out for a range trip yesterday,
Winds gusting at 10-15mph full value, shooting out to 550, 340, and back down to 100. Lets just say I found a load that works perfectly for my rifle.

45 gr of Varget
168gr SMK's
Assorted Remington and Federal casings from 2 years of buying cheap ammo.
Winchester LR primers

anyone like the "vintage" 16 inch forend. haha. All before those fancy rails and such....I wish I had the option for rails.

2012-01-17031358.jpg

2012-01-15193715.jpg
< 100 yards, sorry for the 3 shot group, but I am pretty proud of it.
2011-08-21183422.jpg
<340 yards

does anyone know or have experience putting a 1.25" straight dia. barrel in an XLR? if so is there still clearance for the rail mounts inside the tube?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Apache</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So took my rifle out for a range trip yesterday,
Winds gusting at 10-15mph full value, shooting out to 550, 340, and back down to 100. Lets just say I found a load that works perfectly for my rifle.

45 gr of Varget
168gr SMK's
Assorted Remington and Federal casings from 2 years of buying cheap ammo.
Winchester LR primers

anyone like the "vintage" 16 inch forend. haha. All before those fancy rails and such....I wish I had the option for rails.

2012-01-17031358.jpg

2012-01-15193715.jpg
< 100 yards, sorry for the 3 shot group, but I am pretty proud of it.
2011-08-21183422.jpg
<340 yards </div></div>

Is the wife ok with you blowing holes in her pots?

Luckily i'm a college student and have some no longer useable second hand pots that make good ringing small targets.

Has anyone tried running ruger's new polymer mags in their xlr chassis?

Thanks

If a Bighorn Arms action is a Remington Model 700 footprint will it be a bolt-on fit to an XLR chassis inleted for a Remington 700?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cavemanmoore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">XLR has an inlet for the Bighorn action. </div></div>

What's the difference?

If it has a Rem700 foot print shouldn't it be the same dimensions?

2 questions:

Left handed folder?

What's up with the bottom bolt-release on newer Savage actions?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chubbles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the barrel length on this?
</div></div>

22"

Any one have any issues with bolt removal with a jewell trigger?

I thought the wait for my XLR was bad . . . then WA made suppresors legal and now I know what a looong wait time is.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PBinWA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought the wait for my XLR was bad . . . then WA made suppresors legal and now I know what a looong wait time is.
wink.gif
</div></div>

I hear you! I'm at about 4.5 months...

Want to be jealous? I remember when my wait time was only two weeks....
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OBXLongRange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I called up XLR and got one on the way! He thankfully had one in stock.</div></div>

Lucky bastard
smile.gif
(though I bet your action isn't the ever-so-popular stagger-feed Savage either!)

got a tracking number on mine today! should be here friday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattj</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OBXLongRange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I called up XLR and got one on the way! He thankfully had one in stock.</div></div>

Lucky bastard
smile.gif
(though I bet your action isn't the ever-so-popular stagger-feed Savage either!)
</div></div>

You are correct, surgeon 591. Just got the tracking number. So pumped.