• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XLR Element owners - anyone interested in a "mid-length" swiss-arca rail? question inside.

gunshinestate

Minuteman
Oct 12, 2012
Main question - Are there any other Element owners that want a swiss-arca section but not the entire length of the forend?

background -
My issue is that I've already got a pic rail at the forend for my bipod. I have the ADM q/r for my bipod and the bipod is shared between my Element and my gas gun (obviously pic rails on that).
So- for me to move over to a full-length swiss-arca rail means changing bipod adapters and then solving for another adapter for my gas gun.

Which brings us to the current post. - I just got off the phone with Todd Henderson of Henderson Precision after seeing they're offering a swiss-arca rail for the XLR Element. I spoke with him about options for cutting the length down a bit so that it would go from the mag-well to either the 2nd or 3rd mounting hole on the bottom of the Element. This "mid-length" swiss-arca rail would then give us Element folks the ability to use tripod heads,etc but without having to completely transfer over to a new system for bipods and such (for now).

Tl;Dr - Todd said he'd look into the options for a shorter length of swiss-arca rail for the XLR Element. He was helpful enough that I wanted to see if there's anyone interested and see if we could get a bulk-ish order in to him to make it worth his while.
So... are there a handful of others that would be interested in this?

Last edited:
I would be interested. Same as you, would only want a short piece for tripod attachment.

Yup, that's exactly what I want. Hoping there's a few more people interested. Todd was great and said they'd figure it out so it'd be cool to get a handful of interested folks to get one.
He said they'll be black and would attach at the first two screw holes.

Good idea. Particularly if you can use the XLR threaded holes.
I drilled and tapped an extra hole in my Element and bolted an Arca plate to it for a tripod mount, Just forward of the mag well.
It works great.

Last edited:
Good idea. Particularly if you can use the XLR threaded holes.
I drill and tapped an extra hole in my Element and bolted an Arca plate to it for a tripod mount, Just forward of the mag well.
It works great.

Yeah, the key is using the existing threaded holes in the Element. The plate would go from the magwell to the 2nd hole. All told, it looks like it would be about 7" or 8" (total guess without looking at the distance to the 2nd threaded hole).

Not to jab at XLR because I like their products but it would be nice if they added things like this for accessories. I know their knew chassis takes care of this need, but realistically I am probably 5-10yr out before even thinking of a chassis upgrade or a new rifle.

the element may not be keymod or mloc but it has a lot built into it for versatility if someone would support it.

Not to jab at XLR because I like their products but it would be nice if they added things like this for accessories. I know their knew chassis takes care of this need, but realistically I am probably 5-10yr out before even thinking of a chassis upgrade or a new rifle.

the element may not be keymod or mloc but it has a lot built into it for versatility if someone would support it.

I totally agree with this. I asked them about arca plates and was told to contact another company since they're making what I am looking for. The Element is a great chassis but it definitely felt like they're just not into supporting it and rather steering people towards the Envy. And I, like you, am in no rush to upgrade from the Element.
Enter Henderson Precision. Todd seemed into the idea of helping me with a solution.

73A5E48D-13DE-4129-BF43-6196B35B48AE.jpeg

Undecided on a chassis at this point but this would swing me towards the element a bit more

Undecided on a chassis at this point but this would swing me towards the element a bit more

Well if you don't already have the Element, XLR announced/displayed at shot that the Element is being upgraded to M-loc, they are also selling an M-loc at arca Swiss rail as an accessory.

Here's a pic of my setup. The plate is located at a good balance point- which I determined with a full mag, suppressor and bipod attached.

Attachments

• IMG_4615.jpg
    IMG_4615.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 113
Yep it's that rail
I picked up some stainless washers and screws . I used a spring loaded center punch (Harbor Freight) to locate the hole position and then drilled and tapped an extra hole (same thread as the other holes in the XLR stock) and set the fasteners with blue Loctite. This method allows me to shift the plate fore or aft as needed by loosening the screws. http://soar.reallyrightstuff.com/MPR-113-113mm-rail

Attachments

• IMG_4680.jpeg
    IMG_4680.jpeg
    329.2 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Thank looks great. Is that the 113 multipurpose rail, and what did you use as mounting screws. Can you post the link for that one you got? TIA.

10-32 screw/bolt is what the Element is tapped for, just go to Home Depot/Lows/Ace and pick up a couple, I used a lock washer with mine

Why carry more metal than you need to?
And, as far as I know, the new RRS head only works with their tripod legs- $1400...not me, not yet