• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XLR experience

HolyCity73

Not impressed
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2018
South Carolina
A while back, in a pinch, I bought an XLR evolution off of another Hide member. This is one of those stories where that hide member did not disclose information until after the sale was made and then essentially told me tough shit after I pointed some things out. I needed the chassis faster than I could get it from XLR and I thought I was getting a good deal, by now you can figure out that this entire post is based on the fact that I did not.
After finding out several screw holes were stripped, random holes were drilled and a paint job was very poorly applied, I shelved the project and moved on to another stock, lesson learned. Fast forward, I decided it was time to strip down the horrible paint job and try to bring this chassis back to its former glory.
This is where things get good...
After taking inventory of everything that was wrong with the stock, four serious things and one not so serious, I reached out to XLR industries via social media and the hide. A few days after I sent my initial contact, I was responding to buy Matt. I explained to him what had happened and that I was not looking for a handout, but willing to pay for whatever I could get to repair this chassis. Matt, not only told me he would look and see if they had the old generation parts that I needed, but he would get them to me quickly. “If the parts didn’t work out, we will figure out a way to make it right,” he said. When I asked him about paying for them, he just asked for my shipping info. That was it.
A few days later, parts arrived, parts installed and one bad ass chassis was on my workbench.

It’s rare to find anyone willing to stand by a product bought used, especially the third owner...

There is more to the interactions above, but the meat and potatoes has run long enough.

I will continue to run XLR chassis not only for their quality, but because of team members like Matt. @XLR Industries

Middle photo is the chassis as it was when received.
F7FC11C8-3787-4E93-A433-935E62FAC5BE.jpeg
FE579C4C-D4E4-4B1F-9510-99AECA1A1939.jpeg
9A8D5002-E32C-4A79-BF40-84FC4473966F.jpeg

Last edited:
I have really been considering switching to another xlr for my 300 win mag. Really like the layout of there chassis.

There are very few companies that provide the level of service that XLR does , routinely....and with absolutely zero BS or attitude.
I'm a loyal customer for life because of it.

Reactions: HolyCity73
It's good to hear that things haven't changed at XLR. They were my first chassis (back when they and McRee were basically all there were for options for Savage actions), and had superb customer service and options. Good on them to keep it up all these years!

I purchased a 300WM built off of an XLR Element chassis and love it. Glad I made the decision to buy it. Awesome set up.

Attachments

• 20200801_154958.jpg
    20200801_154958.jpg
    778.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 20200710_195549.jpg
    20200710_195549.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 57
I have really been considering switching to another xlr for my 300 win mag. Really like the layout of there chassis.
i had an XLR evo on my .300 and it was fantastic.....was even better when i machined up a solid Stainless Steel buffer tube for it to add a little weight.

@XLR Industries, please consider making solid stainless steel buffer tubes a factory option so i dont have to keep making them.

I don't recall the name of the gentleman I dealt with years ago at XLR but it's a rare occurrence for a representative of a company to go out of their like he did. I sure wish their chassis fit me better....

I’ve always had a positive experience with them. Great compan!

Matt and Kyle have always been solid, solid guys. Got my first Evo in ‘12, my latest Envy Pro month. Always stand up company...

Reactions: 6gunner
I emailed them a few months ago with a LOP question. I was wondering about using their short tube meant for the folder so it fits my young son. They couldn’t have been more responsive or helpful, and pointed out I might need the shorter AR cheek rest for bolt clearance. This is definitely the route I’ll be going.

This post made me a little nostalgic. I stepped out of one of my college classes one day to call in my order for my XLR chassis. I remember exactly where I was when I ordered it. Kinda cool to think back to that.. but I do also remember fantastic customer service.

I too purchased a used XLR from a hide member. Called them looking for action screw dimensions as it didn't come with any and instead they decided to ship them to me with a new recoil lug at no cost. I was instantly sold on that customer service.

Reactions: 6gunner
Received 2 Chassis last Saturday that I ordered through @CSTactical. Both for safe queen Pre Accutrigger Savages, one SA and one LA.
The SA went together easily, I had ordered it Cerakoted, and they must have taken the level out for painting and not replaced it. An email to @XLR on Monday resulted in a replacement level showing up yesterday. Got it to the range last night and was ecstatic with the results.

The long Action had a slight interference with the sear engagement screw on a Timney trigger. I mentioned this in the email about the level, as a FYI. They offered to relieve it for me free of charge.

@XLR Industries is definitely top notch!

Feels good to see posts like this. Just placed an order on a chassis and have been dealing with Trent. He has been easy to work with. Quick responses.