• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XLR Industries new $69.99 rings

hoguer

The Dude
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2009
Central Valley, CA
So I picked up a set of XLRs new rings, and I have to say for $69, these will cause some ripples in the ring market. They feature a rail clamp that is spring loaded and have small diameter cylinders that engage the springs, so as you loosen the clamp, it automatically opens up and releases from the rail, and there are no exposed springs. They applied some wonderful common sense and put T25 torx head bolts on both the ring top and the rail clamp, so you only need one tool to mount the entire setup. The only down side is ther "medium" height 30mm ring is still 1.18" high, and much closer to a high height ring. I just mounted this set to a Tikka Chassis Rifle and with a 50mm obj scope and butler creek caps it still had over 1/4" of clearance. Overall for the price and the quality, there will be a lot of excitement about these in the near future

https://xlrindustries.com/products/scope-rings

From the XLR website:

Our XLR precision rings feature a progressively machined inner ring surface to achieve a seamless ring to scope interface. Designed to work with Mil-Spec 1913 picatinny rails, our ring sets are held in place with a durable flush fitting steel side plate. This plate is controlled with dual spring-loaded guides for a repeatable zero hold. An integrated picatinny recoil lug ensures complete surface contact to eliminate forward and aft movement caused by recoil vibrations.

Machined in the USA from 6061-T6 aluminum and 4605 steel with matte black hard anodized finish

Recommended torque specification: 25 in-lb. for top screws, 45 in-lb. for side plate.

*WEIGHT: 5.1 - 5.7 ounces.

Attachments

• photo56382.jpg
    photo56382.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Reactions: Vodoun daVinci
Shit. I didn't even know those existed yet?

I assume they are American made right at XLR, and not subbed out?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I didn't know about these either. Thanks for the heads-up, a great option for new shooters building on a budget.

the ring height seems to be a design necessity. the cross bolt that clamps the ring to the rail is only a single bolt, and in order to give it enough clamping power, it has a large bolt head for increased surface area. Anyone with a chassis running a AR style handguard will have zero problems with the medium and tall offerings, or if you run a 56mm obj scope on a rifle without a ar style handguard. overall for like $75 shipped they look nice.

I've had enough great experiences with XLR that I'd happily use these as a cost effective option. My as yet un-scoped Kidd 10/22 comes immediately to mind.

They come in six configurations, two for 1", 30MM, and 34 MM diameter tubes, that should hopefully accommodates most applications. At $69.99 I may give them a try.

Wow awesome. Its usually impossible to spend under $100 for QUALITY rings. If these prove to be as good a product as their other items it will impact the market.

Went to go order some 30mm rings but saw their lowest height was 1.18". Too high for my needs.

Looking through the pics I don't think there can be any doubt they are the same rings. Looks like XLR labels them. I would assume that XLR does their due diligence to ensure they live up to their reputation.

I ordered a set of 30mm Medium profile rings and loosely fitted them to a Rem 700 with a 20 MOA base. Way to high for the Gen 2 PST. However, they will be an excellent replacement for the Nightforce standard duty high rings on the RPR. Brings the scope down a hair and gives me 4 top screws instead of two. The NF rings are very good, I just like the idea of more surface area. And the price is very good. XLR makes good stuff, really like my chassis and buttstocks.

I was way more excited until I saw the height and they they're rebranded UTG.

Rebranded UTG rings?
Where did you see that?

Just above in this very thread, look at the optics planet link. Identical looking to the UTG rings. Maybe utg is rebranding then themselves though and they are actually from another party originally all together. But they are the same as the utg down to the smallest detail aside from the branding.

so the say they are Precision rings. Has anybody checked them do they need to be lapped or they tight enough tolerances?

Also I saw some people have the evolution. I'm getting mine Friday with a 56 mm jective and a 66 mm outside diameter of the objective. Any input on minimum height of scope rings required?

Reactions: XLR308
I would have given them a try but their height options are very limited and way way above what is needed. Good rings are no good if the scope is sitting a mile above the barrel.

I hate high rings. I went with Ken Farrell low rings for my build as they are the lowest option to exist. I wish other companies like XLR would make low rings!

so the say they are Precision rings. Has anybody checked them do they need to be lapped or they tight enough tolerances?

Also I saw some people have the evolution. I'm getting mine Friday with a 56 mm jective and a 66 mm outside diameter of the objective. Any input on minimum height of scope rings required?
I know this is an old thread, but I also have a evolution and new 34mm tube x56 scope. Did you end up using these rings if so what height? Thanks

I have their rings on a Element chassis, so can't really answer your question, but you can just call them, they'll hook you up with the right rings.

I have a set of the 30mm rings for an XLR carbon chassis that are as good as needed.
My rifle was knocked off of my tripod by my two dogs showing off for me kicking each other's asses and my rifle bounced off of the the ground after landing on the turret of my scope hard enough to bend the elevation turret internal mechanism bent and seized and also bent the sunshade.
Just out of curiosity I went and shot the rifle anyway and it still held zero with only a very minor shift of less than 1/2 MOA difference at 100 yards that was most likely atribut3d to the optic and not the rings.