• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

XM2010 stock/chassis sale date

Eric B.

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
FYI for Remington 700 long action owners.

I contacted Remington Defense via e-mail regarding their XM2010 stock for my Remington/HS Precision .300 Win Mag barreled action.

They replied that, due to the need to fill military orders, these stocks will not go on sale until spring of 2012. The price will be "around $1,000.".

Re: XM2010 stock/chassis sale date

The improved version from Cadex Defense who makes the stock will be available to SH members shortly with delivery well before spring.

The price will be twice as much as your quote, but I would take that number with a grain of salt.

The Group buy is supposed to be announced this week.

The CADEX chassis is actually much improved over the Remington RACS. And for Remington to say $1000, I'm pretty inclined to think they made a mistake. Employee price on the RACS is $1600.

+1 on the Cadex... I have done extensive research on this chassis and the LATEST date for the short action chassis delivery to your hands will be Feb. 15, Long action before Christmas... As far as Remington is concerned, believe what you wish, I had received several email replies over the past two years on the MSR and the RACS chassis saying the first available date for purchase to public would be in 1st Quarter 2010 and we can all see how that has turned out... Also after talking to several reps and people in the industry /from Cadex.. Turns out that Cadex was asked by Remington to design/ produce the chassis for Remington(the chassis has already been in use in canada for almost 3 years from what I was told). Upon receiving the prototype they tried to outsource and reproduce the chassis at a lower cost which they failed miserably at doing, Hence all the delays with this phantom gun/chassis. After Cadex discovered this they pulled back and decided to import the chassis to the commercial market through so far two select dealers in the US. The one (which I will be purchasing mine through) will be submitting his order on Nov. 25...lol enough with all that, short story being I would be surprised if that chassis from remington ever made it to commercial sale, let alone at that price point. They are probably desperate at this point to get any chassis out before Cadex does, the original designer of any resemblence of the xm2010

Is this a limited run or will Cadex be making this stock available going forward on a regular basis?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phanuel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is this a limited run or will Cadex be making this stock available going forward on a regular basis? </div></div>

I hope they keep making it!

LL, will the chassis work with custom actions, or just Remingtons.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THUNDERBOLT68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LL, will the chassis work with custom actions, or just Remingtons. </div></div>

This is what I'm wondering about. I'm guessing the stock sans the top rail would take most actions, but then you wouldn't have the integrated rail. Will there be other rail options or...?

Right now its for the specific actions and contour and footprint of those specific actions TAC50, 700 Long, 700 Short

Only exception to those is on the Drake Associates Stalker Gen 2 weapon system.

So it is only for a REMINGTON ACTION ONLY...( short and long )

I would think if the action fits in an AICS it will fit in this chassis, but yes these particular models are a Remington footprint that I know of.

LL, I am concerned only in how the built in Pic rail fastens to the rear of action. The major difference in Remington actions and the custom actions is how you connect the pic rails. The custom actions are made from round stock, hence the back of action is round. The Remington rear is slightly flat. I really do not want to spend 2000.00 + on a chassis then have to put a Remington action in it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THUNDERBOLT68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LL, I am concerned only in how the built in Pic rail fastens to the rear of action. The major difference in Remington actions and the custom actions is how you connect the pic rails. The custom actions are made from round stock, hence the back of action is round. The Remington rear is slightly flat. I really do not want to spend 2000.00 + on a chassis then have to put a Remington action in it.</div></div>

Whatever, like you would see a difference. Plus not like you can't modify it, bed it, etc.

Guys,
Pardon me here but... If it is made on Rem footprint, wouldn't any custom made on Rem footprint work without issues? Sorry not familiar with the stock in question.

Sota

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StudentOfTheArts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys,
Pardon me here but... If it is made on Rem footprint, wouldn't any custom made on Rem footprint work without issues? Sorry not familiar with the stock in question.

Sota</div></div>

As noted, there is a rail component to the Chassis, the top rail is the issue.

That said there is nothing wrong with using a Remington, especially if you consider how much a Stock M24 costs.

Guys good questions,just so we are clear, its for the rem. 700 long and short actions as it was designed to be an upgrade for the M24 and M40 sniper weapon systems on those recievers. The base of the Top picitinny rail is machined to top of rem long action and short action dimension specs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: litehiker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> FYI for Remington 700 long action owners.

I contacted Remington Defense via e-mail regarding their XM2010 stock for my Remington/HS Precision .300 Win Mag barreled action.

They replied that, due to the need to fill military orders, these stocks will not go on sale until spring of 2012. The price will be "around $1,000.".

Wow that is cheap, who did you contact? i want one no matter how long i have to wait - this is the new XM2010 military sniper rifle chassis

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 00bullitt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The CADEX chassis is actually much improved over the Remington RACS. And for Remington to say $1000, I'm pretty inclined to think they made a mistake. Employee price on the RACS is $1600.</div></div>

where did you get that pricing from?, i want one so bad $1600 is like chump change

For the Strike 33, package B with the AICS .300WM/.338 Magazine, are those the new CIP length mags or the older non-CIP length mags? I'm going to guess if it's compatible with the 300WM AICS mags, that the chassis isn't machined for the new, larger 338 CIP length mags.

Chassis is machined to accept different "bottom metal(s) / trigger housing" assembly for compatability with ACIS standard / CIP OAL mags. Bottom metals are changable, thus making the chassis a very formadible platform. Please let me know if there is a specific caliber / mag that you wish to use.
Also an advantage to this this detachable component system will allow for immediate access for maintainace of trigger without disassembling the complete rifle from the chassis.
Send me a PM with your inquiry.

The snipers hide group buy price shipped is 2234.00 that's obscene, you can buy an entire rifle from GA precision for close to that money. I suggest you all take a look at the kinetic research group or (KRG) whiskey 3 chassis, they currently have it in Remington 700 SA with long action coming soon and a folding stock upgrade coming soon as well. A forward rail for NV is in the works too. I currently own one on my 700 police in .308 it's absolutely beautiful in form and function and was under 1000.00 with options shipped. 2300.00 for just a bare chassis I say again is obscene. Check out KRG.

They also mentioned the employee price was 1600.00, I'm sure that's still above cost, which means we pay a 600.00+ markup????? Get close to 1600.00 and I will buy one just to say I did.

another piece of info for everyone, kadex is not producing the chassis for remington, they designed it but remington decided to outsource the production to china so I am sure when it becomes available to civilians it will be the $1000.00 price remington has been quoting people. or at least close to that number. a bit more reasonable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Damon70</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They also mentioned the employee price was 1600.00, I'm sure that's still above cost, which means we pay a 600.00+ markup????? Get close to 1600.00 and I will buy one just to say I did.</div></div>

Damon, I know that you called Cadex direct on Wednesday, and the US representative DID NOT quote you an employee price.
Additionally to clarify a few misconseptions, the Gen 1 design that is in use on the M24E, ESR, MSR, 2010 was designed by Cadex and is being produced by Rem.

Cadex then developed The Gen 2 chassis was a follow on and a product improvement over the Gen 1 system. There are alot of additional features that this NEW Strike Series Gen 2 offers over the original.

As for price, I can not predict what Remington will charge if their system is ever released. I can tell you that the M24E system is VERY expensive and mostlikely over the $9000 unit price for the weapon alone without the optics package. So keeping this relative you can understand what it takes to develop and put a complete chassis and weapon system on the market in terms of development and cost. (and in this case the chassis is only a small component of the complete system, but again a custom developed component)

You are also correct that there are less expensive chassis out there, yes they may have all similar features, but its not the same. If you want the next generation to what is curerntly being delivered to the US military than this is the closest you can have.

I will be more than pleased to discuss this with you further.

the 1600.00 employee price was mentioned above in a post from 00bullitt, cadex called me after a question i emailed them about the stock accepting the 8-40 bolts for the scope rail. i also e mailed you and then made these posts before hearing back from anyone. they got back to me much later than you did. I do appreciate the quick response, time and patience you have spent with my many questions in our e mail correspondence. admittedly i did not do enough research before making the above posts and i do feel the cadex product is superior to anything else out there including what Remington will be putting on their rifles, hence the hefty but understandable price tag.