• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

yaaaa... got my AI AE MK3 260....

Ring

Rifle Instructor
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2009
Medina, Ohio
sites.google.com
i cant figure out why they even sell the thumbhole stock, its is horribly uncomfortable...
Vipers OTW
not a fan of heavy triggers, but the AI 2 stage is TITS! 2nd stage is 1.2 pounds

also, CHRIST! is it heavy, the MTU profile is way overkill

took 1 test load with me... 43gr h4350 140amax HBN

shot "ok", but apparently WAY to hot in this gun..
odd that the primers aren't flat on the edges though...

will test 42.5/42.3 tomorrow...

Last edited:
hey the thumbholes aren't that bad I mean you could do a lot worse. I love the AI triggers I've only shot about 10rnds total on a AI rifle and I'm hooked now I want one :( . AI rifles are amazing probably one of the best companies out there. I only wish I had a AI all I got is a rem 700 :p maybe one day.

Do I see multiple brands of brass in there? Did you neck down .308 to .260? I'd suggest rolling with one brand of brass, could, and probably will improve your groups.

Be prepared. Most AI's do that to the primers. Big ass hole, you never have to worry about it not going bang.

Check out SW ammo. You can buy good factory loads, and then reload the brass. Its not Quite lapua, but it will be cheaper and you will get some loaded rounds out of it.

doing load tests today, mild loads, 42.3,42.5, 42.8, 43 h4350 140 amax
if you look at the edge of the primers you see they are nice and round..

yet the pin hit is popping up and out...

I have 2 AI AE with several barrels. I have had 2 Kreiger barrels from mile hi and while extremely accurate they had very very very short throats. This caused the bullet to be deep seated in the case and a corresponding hi pressure situation for what were normal loads in other rifles. Either using the OEM barrel or switching to a different aftermarket barrel solved all my problems

Zak was saying something about the firing pin hole was larger than normal and left more gap around the firing pin allowing the flow into the bolt face. You will have to message him for more info, I tried looking for his post but cannot find it.

Definitely jealous, I been wanting an AI in a .260. I was saving for one and ended up buying something else out of the classifieds on here instead of waiting a little longer. I hate being impulsive lol

Lovely bit of kit there buddy!!!
Yes i would go with the advise of using the Lapua brass - ever thought of trying the 123 A-max??
I used them in my tikka T3 semi custom in 6.5-55 Improved with a 24 inch tube and was getting great accuracy and a average velocity of 3000fps ( used this load out to 1045yds and it shot very well )
Group from when i worked up the load for them at 100 meters..

All the best.

Last edited:
i have near 1000 123 amax... need to find a new load for this gun...
Should shoot very well in your rifle - not bad BC of 510 either compared to the 140 Amax of BC 550!!
Should have a good velocity as well with the 123 A-max , awesome on game too!!

Did some load development with some 140gr amax in my 260, rem 700 and I got a .156 group but it was 3 shots, only loaded 3. Going to test it again later. So far my most accurate gun.

Should shoot very well in your rifle - not bad BC of 510 either compared to the 140 Amax of BC 550!!
Should have a good velocity as well with the 123 A-max , awesome on game too!!

The 140 Amax is .584 or .585, Litz approved. I dont know where you've gotten that info but but if you have used that BC for your loads I'm surprised it hasn't told on itself.

The 140 Amax is .584 or .585, Litz approved. I dont know where you've gotten that info but but if you have used that BC for your loads I'm surprised it hasn't told on itself.

Thank you for that update Pusher591 - most appreciated!!
My 6.5 went a few months ago and i now run the 162 A-maxs in a 280 Ackley!!
All the best.

damn, Ring, you get all the cool toys. Some guys have all the luck.

HAHA! That's one sexy pig. I'd dance with her til' the action turned to a slurry of molten metal.