• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Yesterday at the range...

Victor Co Heather

Victor Company USA
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2006
SOCAL USA
www.victorcompanyusa.com
3_hot_babes.jpg

Rifles.jpg

Re: Yesterday at the range...

Fill us in with some info on those bad boys!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gun Wurks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweet, are those yours? </div></div>

My two are on the outside, with the bolts on the wrong side. My buddy's is the center. We were doing a side by side comparison of USO glass vs NF.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kink87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fill us in with some info on those bad boys! </div></div>

(right to left in the pics....)

1. GAP nesika LH action, broughton 22" bbl, mcmillan A5 camo. NF 5.5-25X
2. GAP surgeon action, bartlien 22 bbl, Manners stock, USO SN3 3.5-17x?
3. Remy 700LH action, montana rifleman 20" bbl, AICS converted to LH stock, NF 3.5-15x

They GAPs are the poop. Really a joy to shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> We were doing a side by side comparison of USO glass vs NF. </div></div>
Very, very nice rifles. So, what conclusion did you and your buddy come to, NF or USO? Just curious.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nostyta</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> We were doing a side by side comparison of USO glass vs NF. </div></div>
Very, very nice rifles. So, what conclusion did you and your buddy come to, NF or USO? Just curious. </div></div>

My observations:

1. USO and NF glass was about the same in clarity, though the NF seemed to have more distortion towards the edges than the USO. (I am certainly not a professional in this field tho)

2.The USO had a MUCH wider FOV, Love this.

3.The USO might be a tad brighter than the NF but it's really close. (the USO has a 44m objective and a 34mm tube. the NF has a 50mm objective and a 30mm tube)

4. The NF is much much easier to focus and check mirage with, since the USO was not a TPAL.

5. I preferred the USO GAP retile over my NF Mil-dot, it just makes sense.

6. I will be getting a USO in the future. Nice glass.

Really it's hard to beat the NF for the money (my NF was about 1500$ and the USO is about 2600$) but if you are like me, I really want the best so eventually I will end up with a USO and S&B, until then I'm really happy with the NF.

i almost prefer a laymans term comparison, since the observations a non optical engineer would make would be the same observations i would make.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

My observations:

1. USO and NF glass was about the same in clarity, though the NF seemed to have more distortion towards the edges than the USO. (I am certainly not a professional in this field tho)

2.The USO had a MUCH wider FOV, Love this.

3.The USO might be a tad brighter than the NF but it's really close. (the USO has a 44m objective and a 34mm tube. the NF has a 50mm objective and a 30mm tube)

4. The NF is much much easier to focus and check mirage with, since the USO was not a TPAL.

5. I preferred the USO GAP retile over my NF Mil-dot, it just makes sense.

6. I will be getting a USO in the future. Nice glass.

Really it's hard to beat the NF for the money (my NF was about 1500$ and the USO is about 2600$) but if you are like me, I really want the best so eventually I will end up with a USO and S&B, until then I'm really happy with the NF.
</div></div>
Nice report, thanks.
Allthough I'll probably never be able to afford either it's nice to be informed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: George Mac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do you like the "feel" behind the AICS vs the A5? </div></div>

The AICS is like sticking your thumb through a hole a 2x4.

The A5 is like fondling a supermodels hips.

but I do love them both!!!!

eta: I first had the AICS, shot it for a year and loved it. When my GAP came in with the A5, I didn't care for it right away because I was used to the thumbhole grip. But after a few months of shooting the A5, i went back to the AICS and it felt big and clunky. I guess the moral of the story is you become accustom whatever you choose to shoot most. I like having them both but if I could only pick one it would be the A5.

I have been contemplating the AICS 2.0 after getting to shoot a 1.5 a couple months back. I much prefer a standard stock, but the adjustability and the folding option of the 2.0 really have my attention. I could give up a bit of "feel" to be able to fold a 20" remmy up nice and small. For what we do I could even get away with a 16" barrel. Now that would be a tiny package.