• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Yet another semi budget SPS Tactical build

29aholic

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2010
Southwest MO
Remington 700 SPS Tactical 525.00
Millet TRS Scope 330.00
Weaver 20 MOA base 20.00
Weaver Tactical Rings 40.00
HS Precision Take-off stock 225.00
PTG DBM w/10 rd Mag 180.00
O/S bolt knob, barrel
threaded with protector
inlet stock for DBM, and
steel bed action all done by
Bullseye Shooters in
Marshfield MO 217.00
minus Hogue stock -30.00
Krylon 20.00
Total 1527.00

The gun shoots great so far. I am still working up a good load but it appears it is an easy .75 gun and probably better.
When Bullseye pulled the barrel they checked the action and it was only .0005 (yes 1/2 thousandth) out. I plan to upgrade the glass at some point but for now it's working.

Lost my camera charger so I apologize for the crappy cell pics.

Very nicely done. Some bedding will help more than anything. Go shoot and enjoy it !

Looks like a good rifle to use hard. Good job on the camo, I do a similar style krylon.

Very nicely done. Some bedding will help more than anything. Go shoot and enjoy it !

Yeah I didn't think it needed bedded because of the aluminum block, but the gunsmith convinced me otherwise.

Looks like a good rifle to use hard. Good job on the camo, I do a similar style krylon.

Thanks, I thought the camo came out pretty good for my first shot.

I forgot to add in the OP but I have also lapped the bolt lugs and worked over the X-mark (not pro) trigger. It is on the recall list but it seems to be holding a consistent 3.0lbs.