• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors YHM Resonator K On a 5.56 12.5"

Winny94

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 19, 2013
    Anyone running the Resonator K on a ~12.5" 5.56? Im looking for a can thats suitable on both a 300 blk and 12.5 5.56. I know making a 12.5" 5.56 hearing safe is a tough ask, and I know 30 cal cans on 5.56 give up a fair bit in performance. However, does it suffice in taming the blast? 300 blk is secondary, so if perofrmance is just garbage, I will go back and decide if a dedicated 5.56 is worth the time and money investment.

Honestly...I have yet to see 30cal report more than 1 to 2 dec higher than a dedicated 5.56 can...in my opinion...there is no reason to get a 5.56 can if you own any .30cal platforms...

I run one on my duty gun as direct thead on. Very impressive for its size. Now I am also running a Superlative arms pistol kit in bleed off mode to keep blowback and debis to a minimum. Definitely hearing safe. Total length is 15" with a 11.5 barrel

You like the Superlative piston kit? Has it held up fine?

A TurboK lives on my 11.5" and its awesome, but the 11.5 sounds just as good if not better with my Omega 300.

The size and weight of the TurboK should be a consideration as well though.

You like the Superlative piston kit? Has it held up fine?
    So Far Yes, Recovering from a shoulder surgery so I have not got to the range as much as I would like. Only have around 3-400 rds down the new set up but it has run flawlessly so far

Thanks for that. I am more of a factory piston guy but the superlative has my interest peaked...

A TurboK lives on my 11.5" and its awesome, but the 11.5 sounds just as good if not better with my Omega 300.

The size and weight of the TurboK should be a consideration as well though.

Disregard this message, OP. I mistakenly thought you were talking about the 5.56 TurboK.

I do not own a ResonatorK yet, but I'm currently debating between it and a VoxS.

Leaning towards the YHM, simply because of how much I like the TurboK. Seems YHM hit a home run with these K cans.

YHM has hit a home run with all their suppressors...my Resonator R2 is in jail.

Oddly enough my resonator K cleared before my turbo k. Turbo k has been in jail since September. Resonator k cleared after 4 months. I’ll be shooting it tomorrow and can let ya know.

Will be shooting it on a variety of host.

8.3” 300blk
    11.5” 5.56
    12.5” 6.5 Grendel
    16” 5.56

Currently only have a hammer comp
    Will be shooting it on a variety of host. Currently only have a hammer comp
    on the 11.5” though.

189CA950-AF5F-4955-9197-92838878CB8F.jpeg

Reactions: kthomas
    Shot it today. I wouldn’t categorize it as hearing safe on the 11.5” but it is whole heartedly impressive for a 4.8” 30 cal k can. Turbo k got approved today also so I’m excited to compare them. Extremely happy with it.

Reactions: kthomas
    Very nice,
    pure Speculation On my part, but I think ATF changed their dorm 4 process/workflow around Oct/Nov. I say that because your spprovsl Order seems to be the norm from what I’m seeing on the tracking threads (here, arf on, Reddit NFA). A lot of Nov-Jan doming back now, slong with July-Sept. it’s almost like they chested the workflow starting in Oct or so and all the ones submitted earlier still needed to finish in the old workflow. Can sales have been increasing by all accounts, so I don’t think processing volume can explain it. In any case, 4-7 months seems to be the current norm.