• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Range Report You can take the man out of the Army....

BamaAl

Private
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2012
Harvest, AL
It was a very cool day at the range today. A good friend of mine is retired Army and has talked about going out to shoot sometime so I dragged him along today. On the way there he tells me he hasn't even touched a weapon in 25 years. So we get there and I lay out 4 pistols of various calibers and explained they functioned the same as what he used to shoot in the military so have fun! He proceeds to empty whole mags into 5 inch targets at about 20 feet with all four pistols. Damn. So obviously he is doing fine and doesn't need me so I head over to the 200 yard range with the 308 while he has fun. About an hour later he comes down to where I am and I offer to let him shoot my rifle at 200 yards. Had to convince him to try because he is afraid he won't even hit the five foot target frame. I had gone ahead and put up a silhouette just in case he wanted to try and I didn't want to stick him with the dots I was shooting. Anyway, he gets on the ground and gives it a try. First shot high and left about 2 inches. Next 2 shots are side by side in the chest and the next 5 in a row are head shots. 25 years without shooting and he grabs a rifle and does that at 200 yards. Go Army!
grin.gif

I think he's got the bug again and will be making a trip to the gun store very soon!

Re: You can take the man out of the Army....

You did a good thing. More folks should follow your example.