• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Your Hunt/Tactical/Range Vehicle

Got it just about finished up now. Got the whole vehicle done in line x.
View attachment 7491514
D62E4F1F-2F52-4F4B-BA47-F849F2E50EFC.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jgunner
I think it makes sense to have an older truck for knocking around. It's no big deal watching a rifle slide off the hood with a turret digging the paint or the screeching sound of limbs on the sides when off road. The trucks posted here really don't fit hunting truck IMO. Too nice.
If it's nice and you use it for hunting , it won't be nice for very long. After it gets the first dent in it it goes to shit real fast after that !

Reactions: MtnCreek
2007 and for scale those are 35" tires.
YseB2T6.jpg

tjFjpYY.jpg

For tooling around the property
zO72tqG.jpg

If I really need to get serious 73 EB (entrance to Doran Canyon)
DNyAmTt.jpg

Last edited:
My 88 yota with a 3.4 5spd swap has been a great hunting rig....

Attachments

• 20190905_172854.jpg
    20190905_172854.jpg
    312.9 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: Jgunner
Thinking of the new Mercedes Metris van. It’s AWD which is a must.
Or if any 100% electric trucks come out this year, that’ll be on the list as well.

Buy a 2003+ NNBS Tahoe/Tukon. EVERYTHING is easy to fix. Literally everything. The 2003+ have a front coil spring suspension instead of the torsion arms, which limit your ability to properly modify the front suspension. Any Tahoe after that generation starts to get too complicated and pretty.

Them rear tires aren't long for this world is you drive it on the street much.

Last edited:
Welded spider gears work well...until they don't. They tend to grenade without warning under stress. Many times taking the carrier, axles and housing with them. Cheaper in the long run to just stick a Detroit in there.
yeah it was like that when i got it so ill run it till she pops then put one in...lol

yeah it was like that when i got it so ill run it till she pops then put one in...lol
As I mentioned, they often take out other components when they go, which can get $$$.

So if you have the money for the Detroit now I wouldn't wait until you were possibly having to replace the entire rear end. A cheaper option then the Detroit would be to install a spool if you are sure you will never drive it on hard surfaces.

Last edited: