• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Your Other Hobbies?

Thanks to Victor N TN, I now have a new hobby of looking at yoga pants.

On a serious note my hobbies besides shooting and guns are my horses and working on my farm/ ranch. Playing airsoft with my three sons and their friends. Snow skiing, camping, Hunting fishing and going to Oklahoma State University football games.

Last edited:
I recognize the Flying Dutchman. What are the others?

The first two are from a route called "Bird-Brain Boulevard" down near Ouray, CO. Then the third is "Flying Dutchman" as you noticed, the fourth is "Dragon's Tooth" couloir on Flattop mountain and the last one is an unknown/unnamed route a buddy and I found and were putting up. Not sure if it's been climbed...hopefully an FA!

How much Is that quad set up with gimble?? What camera are you using? Battery life?

That was about $2500 built all told.
The flight camera is a Sony Super HAD 2 700TVL 3.7mm
The passenger camera is a GP Black 3, used for 12mpx stills or 1080p video. Much more na tural than the Hero2, which was good for eye candy but not as realistic.

You guys are into some neat stuff, the wood working/bbq - the Skydiving, ice climbing, hiking - love to see you all out living your lives!
A friend of mine passed away recently, her and her husband were into everything - l ived their life to the maximum, which is what got me back into living....life's short!

I also teach Shotokan Karate, been doing that for a few years, sensei had me teaching at brown belt level and kept it up from th ere. The students keep me coming back, they eat, breathe, and live Karate...

And last but not lease, I also have fixed wing "Drones" - one of two of them will FINALLY be making this flight this summer...

For your mountain climbers you may know this mountain :) (Or not, and Mt Rainier comes after this one)
This will be a 10.9 mile flight to the summit from the only place where I can get close enough and still have LOS.

May or June, then Rainier in July.
1280px-OlympicMountainsNearHoodCanal.jpg

I ride motorcycles, dirt and street. Current bikes are an 09 YZ450f and an 08 XR650L. I also do a little nature photography and fishing from a sit on top kayak. Hunting when I can.

It's one thing when your hobbies interfere with your work, but when your hobbies interfere with your other hobbies, U R in deep excrement !

I got paid to do this

I used to climb and ski...but I got paid to do it.

3rd Bn 10th SFG(A) ODA-075 JCET Marmolada Glacier, Dolomites, Italy

If I'm not out with the rifles you can find me at the gym, hunting, or riding the UTV's! My kids keep my plenty busy so they are my main time consumer. Fortunately my little boy loves my hobbies and I get to bring him along for most of them.
Except for the gym, he is a terrible spotter! ;)

Awesome Pat, i hope i'll be able to bag all those some day. I should've put hunting on there, guess i will. It's local though, deer/duck/rabbit/dove. Wanted to kill a Gemsbok for some time hell still do, that or an Elk it will come i guess gotta be patient for the right opportunity.
543967_10201140996228773_78022899_n.jpg

1148984_10201280444554894_125438825_n.jpg

Morning after a duck hunt
1484273_10201197193273664_1365867239_n.jpg

644746_3734884972443_431738080_n.jpg

390483_2394315179036_893951030_n.jpg

Annual Rabbit hunt, little cousin on the left and a friend of my little brothers on the right.
1797622_10201466181598204_1113788403_n.jpg

This one is for comedic value because it makes me laugh my ass off, one of my best friends just being himself to put it lightly.
1619337_10201463927501853_2032999591_n.jpg

Last edited:
I play the violin and viola, and I've played professionally since I was 14 years old. My first paying job was in the back-up orchestra for the Moody Blues.

Right now I have a grown-up job, so the music is my other hobby.

I played viola/violin for 14 years, till I lost half of my left hand in a pyro accident performing 1812 overture.
Now I do IDPA shooting, Scuba Diving, free Diving, Fly a bit, photography, Fencing and getting into running.
Rgds,

RSA-Raven

Im glad there are people that can recognize stuff like this. I turned wrenches for 10 yrs and am fairly handy around most everything, but I would have hauled that to the metal scrapers for something grandpa tried to build from spare parts years ago and a treasure would have been lost.

Ryan

frame1_zps93842f16.jpg

Upcoming project. 1913 sidecar frame... first year HD frame. Barn find near me. It will live.

Cheers,

Sirhr[/QUOTE]

Scuba diving, I have not done caves but I have done a ton of cenotes. Love them and now I try the ones off the beaten path when in Mexico. Next is diving Bonaire. Love to weld. I build propane torches that throw nice fire balls, and put them on modified cars. Playing on my Knee mill is tons of fun, finishing 80%'s.

I really like those old motorcycle photos.

I float around hobbies honestly so it changes from year to year.

I used to be into sports cars and motorcycles, but I always ended up with faster trucks than my cars were and for motorcycles I got my CMRA Provisional Novice license a few years back and then realized I needed a cheaper/safer hobby after an off track experience at over 100 mph and through a ditch. I have a 1961 Mustang Thoroughbred motorcycle in boxes in the garage I need to restore and preserve in the next couple years though so I'm not done with bikes altogether yet. I also have a dream of building a 1967 ProTouring Nova with an AME chassis one day. Until then, I'll keep a focus on firearms and travel to interesting places.

My old track bike at Oakhill Raceway (main reason I got my CMRA license was to ride this track)
P1310799.jpg

Rio, Brazil
PA110106.jpg

Los Roques, Venezuela
IMG_2638.jpg

4-Day hike to Machu Picchu
P5270127.jpg

I'm secretly a computer nerd, more so for just the fun of having a fast PC and building something unique, not so much gaming. I used to game, but I'd much rather be outside shooting or in the reloading room, so I only fiddle around with it now and then. I use it for work almost every day. Most people would be surprised how much money you can save by building your own computer, and it's not all that difficult.

Specs for all the computer nerds:
i7 3770k overclocked to 4.8ghz
Asus Maximus V Formula Mobo
GTX 670 superclocked, 4gb
16gb G.Skill Ram, 1866
Two SSDs, one data drive
AX1200 power supply
water cooling loop runs through the mobo, cpu, gpu. running dual MCP-35X pumps, dual radiators (360x50 up top, and 240x60 down below, both in push-pull config with Cougar PWM fans), and most of the fittings are compression fittings by Bitspower or Alphacool
And finally, NZXT Switch 810 case.

I'm secretly a computer nerd, more so for just the fun of having a fast PC and building something unique, not so much gaming. I used to game, but I'd much rather be outside shooting or in the reloading room, so I only fiddle around with it now and then. I use it for work almost every day. Most people would be surprised how much money you can save by building your own computer, and it's not all that difficult.

Specs for all the computer nerds:
i7 3770k overclocked to 4.8ghz
Asus Maximus V Formula Mobo
GTX 670 superclocked, 4gb
16gb G.Skill Ram, 1866
Two SSDs, one data drive
AX1200 power supply
water cooling loop runs through the mobo, cpu, gpu. running dual MCP-35X pumps, dual radiators (360x50 up top, and 240x60 down below, both in push-pull config with Cougar PWM fans), and most of the fittings are compression fittings by Bitspower or Alphacool
And finally, NZXT Switch 810

Haha until you get into the enthusiast side of it. I'm specing a loop right now that is well over 600$ not to mention just dropped 510$ on a 780 classy + waterblock. It's cool to see another PC nerd here though. 670 could use some OCing ;)

I haven't gotten out of gaming but i have gotten into Benching which i'm sure you do, that's a very fun part of overclocking and pushing PCs.

Did you delid your 3770k? I haven't pushed mine yet but hopefully I don't run into any heat problems because the goal is 4.5ghz at the least.

But yeah right now having a hard time deciding between acrylic or regular tubing. I honestly don't want to have to go through the work of bending the acrylic though they tell me it's not too hard.

Thinking i'm going to go with 7/16 x 5/8 Primochill LRT advanced and do straight links like this.
900x900px-LL-a4887d81_IMG_1268_zps0f5982bc.jpeg

Really excited to use Mayhems Pastel fluid
Here's some yellow pastel + acrylic
900x900px-LL-8de9ec4e_1900788_842411512452667_928780555_o.jpeg

And here is the mint green i'll be using.
900x900px-LL-b2ff4dab_IMG_1362_zps84f60a31.jpeg

Next step for your switch 810? hehe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7bkSmreYtY

Last edited:
Haha until you get into the enthusiast side of it. I'm specing a loop right now that is well over 600$ not to mention just dropped 510$ on a 780 classy + waterblock. It's cool to see another PC nerd here though. 670 could use some OCing ;)

Did you delid your 3770k? I haven't pushed mine yet but hopefully I don't run into any heat problems because the goal is 4.5ghz at the least.

But yeah right now having a hard time deciding between acrylic or regular tubing. I honestly don't want to have to go through the work of bending the acrylic though they tell me it's not too hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a mild OC on my 670 right now, 100 on the gpu, 400 on the memory. I can push it hard and the temps never get above 40 on the gpu under full load, CPU never gets above 70-75 while running Prime95, and I can maintain 55-60 if I run a slower OC around 4.5 (although slower is relative here, 4.5 is still very fast!) I have not delidded, but I plan to do so next time I purchase upgrades. I'll probably use the vice and wooden block method, the razor method makes me cringe. I'll use Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra when I do, that shit is awesome. My next big upgrades will be a GTX 780ti + one of the 1440p monitors that I can OC to 120hz, or I'll just suck it up and buy one of the new Asus 1440/120 monitors when they come out, although the panel may not be quite as crisp, at least the quality control will be there, unlike the hit-or-miss panels off eBay.

By the way, I know a lot of guys praise the Liang D5 pumps, but really consider the MCP-35X pumps when you build your loop...they are PWM and with the heatsink, it's hard to beat the head pressure with those pumps and they are definitely quiet unless you're running at 100% (which is totally unnecessary). I use the Asus Fan Xpert 2 software to control the power curve on the pumps, and it works really well. I know they have D5 pumps out now that are PWM, but I like the small form factor of the 35x and as you can see I have them mounted right on top of a fan shroud.

On your 3770k, just do the CPU waterblock mount correct and you won't have temp issues. Be really smart about the voltage too, take it easy as you work up, and use variable voltage. I see so many guys pumping crazy voltages through their system for the sake of an "easy" stable overclock. I can run 4.8ghz under 1.3 volts, and I can run 4.5ghz under 1.23 volts, easily stable. I see guys pushing 1.3v on a clock like 4.3ghz, and I think that's why a lot of guys bitch about the heat from the 3770k.

Acrylic tubing is nice, especially since you don't have to worry about plasticizer leeching. I may give that a shot next time around.

Oh, and my wife says my computer looks like a meth lab :)

I'm running an Asus VG248QE at 120hz. It goes to 144 but for some reason when I'm running 144hz power play won't work on my 7970 and my memory clock remains 1575, temps raise a little and my fan profile kicks in and it gets loud. I didn't know that Asus was producing 1440p 120hz panels. Hell I didn't even think there were that many TN 1440p panels. I know IPS is preferred for most but I love a good ole calibrated TN panel. 120hz is awesome there is no going back IMO.

I'm actually looking at the swiftech MCP655 for my pump granted it's a D5 variant IIRC.

Right now the 780 classy + Ek block will be here tomorrow, I've got a swiftech quiet edition 360 rad, four sp120 quiet editions.

Still have fittings, res, bitspower cpu block, some more 120mm rads, mayhems pastel, and their radiator cleaning kit to get. Sometimes I regret my purchase of my 800D I'll have to mod it to put a 240mm in the bottom. Should've gone with a 750D or the switch 810. For the res/pump I'm going with the bitspower 150 upgrade kit with an acrylic top and as I said the swiftech. Hopefully I don't run into any plasticizer issues.

I'm a pretty slow overclocker less it comes to GPUs and benching. I like pushing my GPUs. Before I settled on a single 120hz display I was wanting quadfire 7970s and a triple portrait setup of 120hz mentors debezeled the works. I can't afford to maintain a rig like that though.

This is a work of art ha. But he was running a 3930k @ 5.0 and quad sli titans on a chilled loop ha.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398201981.621542.jpg

Having been a gearhead all my life... I remember, as a teenager, buying the Dec. 1981 issue of Hot Rod Magazine. It had a red Camaro on the cover. It had an article saying that with the introduction of computers into cars, the era of hot-rodding was probably over. Well, maybe it made sense at the time. But the reality is that cars are being hot-rodded with computers... and computers are being hot-rodded like cars.

Love the above pictures.... and the way you guys are doing real hacking... the hardware kind (vs. malicious little viruses and stuff.)

Thanks for posting Blackops and Afate. Those pictures and 'builds' are beyond cool!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Yes. Tuners are now one of the first changes hot rodders and torque freaks like me do.

Ryan

Your Other Hobbies?

Having been a gearhead all my life... I remember, as a teenager, buying the Dec. 1981 issue of Hot Rod Magazine. It had a red Camaro on the cover. It had an article saying that with the introduction of computers into cars, the era of hot-rodding was probably over. Well, maybe it made sense at the time. But the reality is that cars are being hot-rodded with computers... and computers are being hot-rodded like cars.

Love the above pictures.... and the way you guys are doing real hacking... the hardware kind (vs. malicious little viruses and stuff.)

Thanks for posting Blackops and Afate. Those pictures and 'builds' are beyond cool!

Cheers,

Sirhr

No problem were all tinkerers to some degree Make no mistake none of those are mine, they're examples of what I'm going to attempt. Mine is what's in post #1 but that's going to change in the next couple of weeks :D I'll keep the thread updated with my progress.

Last edited:
I'm running an Asus VG248QE at 120hz. It goes to 144 but for some reason when I'm running 144hz power play won't work on my 7970 and my memory clock remains 1575, temps raise a little and my fan profile kicks in and it gets loud. I didn't know that Asus was producing 1440p 120hz panels. Hell I didn't even think there were that many TN 1440p panels. I know IPS is preferred for most but I love a good ole calibrated TN panel. 120hz is awesome there is no going back IMO.

I'm actually looking at the swiftech MCP655 for my pump granted it's a D5 variant IIRC.

Right now the 780 classy + Ek block will be here tomorrow, I've got a swiftech quiet edition 360 rad, four sp120 quiet editions.

Still have fittings, res, bitspower cpu block, some more 120mm rads, mayhems pastel, and their radiator cleaning kit to get. Sometimes I regret my purchase of my 800D I'll have to mod it to put a 240mm in the bottom. Should've gone with a 750D or the switch 810. For the res/pump I'm going with the bitspower 150 upgrade kit with an acrylic top and as I said the swiftech. Hopefully I don't run into any plasticizer issues.

I'm a pretty slow overclocker less it comes to GPUs and benching. I like pushing my GPUs. Before I settled on a single 120hz display I was wanting quadfire 7970s and a triple portrait setup of 120hz mentors debezeled the works. I can't afford to maintain a rig like that though.

This is a work of art ha. But he was running a 3930k @ 5.0 and quad sli titans on a chilled loop ha.
View attachment 36121

Wow...the mods to that Switch 810 are crazy. I've taken a dremel to a case before, but not to the extent of that guy! Very sleek and well put together. The 800D is a good case, but more so if you plan to extensively mod it. I like the Switch 810, but you should have seen how many f-bombs I dropped when trying to fit the 240 rad next to the AX1200 PSU...it's hard to see in the pics I posted, but we're talking like 1.5 inches of space between the PSU and radiator. Making matters worse, you can't install the cables in the back of the PSU and then install the PSU into the case...I had to do it once the PSU was in, which made it 10x as difficult. I just happened to have a long PSU and long radiator. PSUs like the 1050 should fit MUCH better.

If you ever want to talk overclocking CPU/GPU, send me a PM. Your build sounds really nice, let me know how it works out. I had a MCP 655 and it took a shit on me after about a year (I wouldn't be concerned if I was you, this is way outside the norm)...I just happened to be sitting next to my computer when I got a temp notice at 80 degrees, realized my computer was extremely quiet (too quiet), so I shut everything down right away. The pump just died out of nowhere, in a loop that had been running just fine for over a year. After that, I got paranoid and purchased the dual 35x setup to ensure that doesn't happen again. A little overkill, but I like it so far.

Also, let me know how the dye works out for you. I run colored tubing with distilled + primochill liquid ultra biocide. Running 2 years strong now, no issues. I made 1 full tear-down of every block about a year ago to check on things, and the blocks were spotless. I change my water every 4 months or so, and with my drain tube setup, it only takes about 20 minutes.

dmike. If you're reading. It is Tracking Point. My bad in saying Aim Point. Must of had my head up my ---. Any way, do a search 'Smart Rifle'. It will (should) get you all the info you need.
Sorry about the screw up.

dmike. If you're reading. It is Tracking Point. My bad in saying Aim Point. Must of had my head up my ---. Any way, do a search 'Smart Rifle'. It will (should) get you all the info you need.
Sorry about the screw up.

thanks man, no worries and I appreciate the info! My buddy works in that industry and I was thinking maybe some new thing got past him...

Your Other Hobbies?

I haven't bought a computer in 20 years (desk top that is) i have built my own since. Don't consider it my hobby. But back then, there was significant cost savings in building your own, not so much any more. I still build my own as I run photoshop/lightroom/sony vegas, which need a lot of power.

So my hobbies include:

scuba Diving
Underwater photography
Golfing.

So on the weekends, I'm on the golf course, in the water, or on the range

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Mountain Biking was always my main hobby when i was younger. I raced for 9 years 3 in cross country and 6 racing downhill. Being a larger than large rider i have a big bike. I ride a Karpiel Armageddon. helps when i come up long on a drop or short on a landing. I have a Giant Yukon now for putting around town and on some light trails.

Also welding/fabricating. Currently building my 70' bronco into a street legal rock crawler. Also building a Toyota into a 1450 race truck for a friend of mine over in the stan right now.

Really any outdoor activity, ben getting back into extended backpacking trips again. Also build custom hardwood cabinets with my mum. then the usual late twenties single male activities, beer. bars, lots of local music shows, women (living less then 2 miles for ASU i'm surrounded by them)

Wow...the mods to that Switch 810 are crazy. I've taken a dremel to a case before, but not to the extent of that guy! Very sleek and well put together. The 800D is a good case, but more so if you plan to extensively mod it. I like the Switch 810, but you should have seen how many f-bombs I dropped when trying to fit the 240 rad next to the AX1200 PSU...it's hard to see in the pics I posted, but we're talking like 1.5 inches of space between the PSU and radiator. Making matters worse, you can't install the cables in the back of the PSU and then install the PSU into the case...I had to do it once the PSU was in, which made it 10x as difficult. I just happened to have a long PSU and long radiator. PSUs like the 1050 should fit MUCH better.

If you ever want to talk overclocking CPU/GPU, send me a PM. Your build sounds really nice, let me know how it works out. I had a MCP 655 and it took a shit on me after about a year (I wouldn't be concerned if I was you, this is way outside the norm)...I just happened to be sitting next to my computer when I got a temp notice at 80 degrees, realized my computer was extremely quiet (too quiet), so I shut everything down right away. The pump just died out of nowhere, in a loop that had been running just fine for over a year. After that, I got paranoid and purchased the dual 35x setup to ensure that doesn't happen again. A little overkill, but I like it so far.

Also, let me know how the dye works out for you. I run colored tubing with distilled + primochill liquid ultra biocide. Running 2 years strong now, no issues. I made 1 full tear-down of every block about a year ago to check on things, and the blocks were spotless. I change my water every 4 months or so, and with my drain tube setup, it only takes about 20 minutes.

I've seen a couple of people have problems with mayhems but apparently they didn't follow instructions. Because plenty don't have any problems. I adore the pastel colors. I'll definitely give you a pm about OCing that 3770k it's been a while since I've done anything intel. I mean like last intel I OCed was yorkfield lol.

Something came in the mail today. Getting ready to order my fittings, cpu block, another rad, and some other little extras. It's going to take a couple of days to put together but it's gonna be great. I really want to add another 780 classy. Gonna shoot for 1300/1700 for the clocks hehe.
23vf6gp.jpg

4ic281.jpg

14cryvm.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398306118.519530.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398306118.519530.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 23
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398306127.212011.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398306127.212011.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 21
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398306133.621375.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398306133.621375.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I quit smoking cigarettes ( which im very proud of myself for). However I did it using a vapor pen (e-cig), and WOW that is a interesting hobby. Their is alot you can build, so thats what I've been doing.

I quit smoking cigarettes ( which im very proud of myself for). However I did it using a vapor pen (e-cig), and WOW that is a interesting hobby. Their is alot you can build, so thats what I've been doing.

Provari mod user here. Love it, won't every go back. I love the tanks with stainless steel mesh, although I've been experimenting with organic cotton lately. Cleaner flavor, but only lasts a few days, whereas I can keep a SS wick going for months, only re-wrapping a coil every 2-3 weeks. What setup are you using right now? Where do you buy your juice? I'm a huge fan of Mt. Baker Vapor. They have amazing flavors, ship ultra fast, and the prices are fair. Backwoods Brew was some of the best e-liquid I've ever tasted, but I had to wait over a month to receive my order because they are such a small shop. I usually just buy from Mt. Baker, and the butterscotch is my favorite by far.

Didn't realize how many cave, wreck, and free divers there were here. Pretty cool.

Yeah, I was a little surprised there are that many divers here. I can of figured I sound be one of a few, but there are a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Vp H cmhbffc

I'm currently using a simple ego twist, with a kanger evod tank. After getting interested in the hobby, I just ordered my first mod (kamry k100). I'm still learning and tinkering, but it's pretty fun so far. And I get my juice local or from vaporbeast.com.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I love white water. It gives me a stiffie!

Dean4-26-2008004.jpg

I'm no expert, but don't think that's the correct orientation of your boat.

I am more into flat rivers right now as I try to take my little girl with me in our tandem whenever we go, but would like to get a creek boat so I can get a little more daring.

Ryan

That is an ender. The wave in front of the boat is 6 feet tall from trough to crest. Since you are looking at it from behind it is hard to see. You surf the wave facing upstream and time it when your boat rides up the face. Then paddle hard and lean foreword. The nose of the boat stabs deep into the water and it blows you straight up and out. In the pic you can see the trail of the nose of the kayak as it danced on the top of the wave. I am just coming down, Usually on a good one you land on your head and then have to roll back up. That wave in particular is called the anvil. It has hit me so hard in the mouth that it came out my nose. Another time I flipped in it and it turned my top eyelids inside out. It is raw power but a treasure to surf on. It is only available at certain water levels. This is one of our favorite places to kayak and there are many world class boaters here. These guys can do tricks and waterfall runs that we would only dream of doing.
Last year 4 kayakers drowned here. It was our worst year ever for boater losses.

White water, creeks or flat water...its all good Ryan. It is beautiful scenery and wonderfully peaceful.

Last edited:
Right now it's this. Building my own house. I just gotta keep telling myself "think of all the money your saving on labor"!

A few years ago I started building a Lotus 7 from scratch, not a Locost but a real 7 based on the DSK7 built in Mass. many years ago. Frame is done, but got distracted along the way. Its currently hanging from the rafters in the barn. I should really put it in the garage and get it finished.

Yeah my shop and my place don't reside in the same city so it makes it difficult to get much work done, really only every other weekend i have available. Guns, Cars and women.... shit i need a cheap hobby.