• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Your Other Hobbies?

I need to make more of that! As much as I love salmon, I just have a habit of smoking pork and beef - and sometimes chicken before my mind even thinks about making fish - but when I do... it's GOOD!

Skydiving, BASE, Hunting...hunting...hunting.....Flyfishing small streams for BIG trout...woodworking, canoeing, minor gunsmithing projects, looking to get more into that in the future. Way too much for the amount of time I manage to get free to do any of it.

'Bushcraft'! And sharp things that go along with it.

Old hickory conversion...
IMG_3691_zpsb7c2dee8.jpg

S1010004_zpsb2d1c9be.jpg

IMG_3669_zpsf58c3cef.jpg

IMG_3662_zps228726ce.jpg

IMG_2208.jpg

100_0555.jpg

And far too many more to list...

Eli: Is that silver wire work? That's really, really amazing... Please, post some more details? I've seen that done on some prewar cars... dashboard and marquetry. Not on pistol grips. But it's phenomenal.

Cheers,

Sirhr

yes it is. I have done my share of marquetry inlay and wire work. I have been doing it for a while the problem is i have more ideas than time

hobbies for me:
Making art (paintings)
Working on/building Cars & race cars
Collecting Watches
Smoking cigars
Racquetball
Golf

I always enjoyed it........ till it got to be lawn dart time. I wish we had two that would do cowhorse so, until we do, the wife will be doing the cowhorse.
The horse shows are one of the reasons we moved to Texas, lots of shows out here with the SRCHA. We have a fort Worth show in a few weeks and will be going to the east coast reined cow horse show in Tennessee. It's nice having many of the top trainers out here now too!

Hookturnr you need to try salt water fly fishing

I'd love to, just cant find time to get to the big puddle you have to do that in. For now I'll have to stick with 5-15lb. steelhead for the typical lunkers...did catch a 29.5" 10.8lb. brownie last fall though!

I'd love to, just cant find time to get to the big puddle you have to do that in. For now I'll have to stick with 5-15lb. steelhead for the typical lunkers...did catch a 29.5" 10.8lb. brownie last fall though!
Pics or it didn't happen lol

This one is a 37 inch 12lb snook caught in September. Best part is I built the rod that I caught it on.
ede6eva5.jpg

Pics or it didn't happen lol

This one is a 37 inch 12lb snook caught in September. Best part is I built the rod that I caught it on.
ede6eva5.jpg

Here's a pic of that brownie..brownie on walnut.jpg

Got him on a golden stone fly with an 8wt. rod and 4lb. tippet. this is my best brownie to date but I'm still on the hunt!

Very nice fish. Now you need a custom fishing rod to go with it ;)

Already have that covered with a custom built on a sage txl 6'3" 3wt. blank and an 8wt. built on a st. croix avid blank. All REC recoil guides, striped wraps, exotic corks etc. Mine were done by Midwest Custom Flyrods...awesome work at a fair price. Some folks around here might gag if they knew what you can spend putting a good flyrod together....

If I don't get a chance to sling lead, I really like slinging mud.

2009 Rhino 450 Hunter Edition
Only real modifications are bumpers, snorkel, winch, etc.

make spurs and buckles

Attachments

• 10550915_10204420206005687_4274922277228815344_n.jpg
    10550915_10204420206005687_4274922277228815344_n.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 14
  • country spurs 004.jpg
    country spurs 004.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
im not old enough for hobbies...gotta hate work and life for a few more years before i can do any cool shit

bench

Bench:

Not true at all... even kids should have hobbies (and video games don't count). A good hobby will negate a lot of work/life suckage. If you lose yourself in something you like doing at the end of the day... the work day is quickly forgotten.

I've had hobbies since I was a kid... and when I was a starving college student. And a starting-out professional. Ranged from model kit building to hunting/shooting, working on cars/bikes, building wood ship models, painting lead soldiers, restoring furniture, machine-shop stuff, reading, taking classes, stained glass... anything I can do with my hands that helps shut the mind off. Latest is miniature firearms. Hobbies can even be cheap or, as in the case of the old furniture I used to buy and restore and resell... downright profitable. Almost every bit of furniture I have was picked up at flea markets (or dumps or at the side of the road).

A tough, challenging or hard-to-put aside job is the best reason to get a hobby... not to put off getting one.

Cheers,

Sirhr

P.S. My first attempt at stained glass... I was a bit ambitious, but it came out well!

IMG_5550_zpsd1ac18b4.jpg

#1 is traveling with this lady.......

#2 is trying to keep up with Mr P Sinclair.....an effort in futility but loads of fun!!

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408669781.194051.jpg

Cowboy Action for my wife and I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Entomology -- study of insects. I have collecting setups, lights, nets of all kinds, stereo microscopes, rearing supplies, etc. believe it or not, this can be a very addicting hobby.

Once or twice a year i get to do this.Utah's Bonneville SaltFlats.

Attachments

• Picture 148.jpg
    Picture 148.jpg
    568.5 KB · Views: 16