• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

YouTube Channels

Hi,

What's not?

Sincerely,
Theis

When I looked up the system acronym, it appeared to be a weapons management system.

If it’s an actual firearm, mentioning Impact Shooting may be difficult due to importing a firearm into South Africa. It’s a good channel though.

I am a big fan of many of the different channels mark and sam is high on the list when they give details on what they are doing and with what they are using I like it the most just to see them shoot is cool . I am a fan of west desert shooter mostly for the same reasons as mark and sam lots of little details he gives on what he is doing any what he is using , and gavintoobe I love seeing new shiny things even if I am way to cheap to buy them and many other channels like the guy who reuses his old primers and actually loads them and shoots them and the 6.5 guys when they were making videos and the lary potter field for midway (the man with every tool in the world) .

I really enjoy anything with Kevin Owens (Fieldcraft Survival). He's the one that got me to finally cave and buy a 6.5 Gaymoor, I mean Creed.

Sage Dynamics is underrated in my opinion but he doesn't do a ton of precision stuff. Aaron seems fairly well rounded and takes a pretty analytical approach.

Pretty much all of them are biased and read like a dam infomercial.

Only ones worth watching are precision rifle network with Joel and 8541tactical with John.

Have you thought of starting a Hoplite Arms channel? One thing that has been awesome in your Hoplite thread was how transparent you have been as well as informing us of various steps/processes. Think of how desert tech kept giving various update videos on the MDR. It wouldn't have to be too involved or fancy, essentially video shorts or even vlogs of the things you have posted in your updates here. In addition, you could then have guest shooters/legitimate youtube personalities on with you either initially, or after they do their review/rundown.

You know, because you don't have enough to do already...

8541Tactical, X-Ring, The Lilly’s

Not a YouTube per se, but Panteao does a great job making movie quality “infomercials” that play well on many platforms.

Pretty much all of them are biased and read like a dam infomercial.

Only ones worth watching are precision rifle network with Joel and 8541tactical with John.
Gavintoobe is legit, a fucking commercial for whoever’s shipped him whatever they’ve shipped him. It’s pathetic sometimes. How can everything be perfect and awesome all the time?

Have you thought of starting a Hoplite Arms channel? One thing that has been awesome in your Hoplite thread was how transparent you have been as well as informing us of various steps/processes. Think of how desert tech kept giving various update videos on the MDR. It wouldn't have to be too involved or fancy, essentially video shorts or even vlogs of the things you have posted in your updates here. In addition, you could then have guest shooters/legitimate youtube personalities on with you either initially, or after they do their review/rundown.

You know, because you don't have enough to do already...

Hi,

You know the old saying of "Stick to what you are good at", lol.....that definitely fits here!!

I have a speech issue (I stutter when I have to think of a word in English) that over the years my brain has just become better at typing what it thinks than speaking it.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: M77 and Tokay444
Thanks for the suggestion on Phillip Velayo, good stuff.

Hi,

You know the old saying of "Stick to what you are good at", lol.....that definitely fits here!!

I have a speech issue (I stutter when I have to think of a word in English) that over the years my brain has just become better at typing what it thinks than speaking it.

Sincerely,
Theis
Who cares if you stutter 90% oc communication is non verbal anyway. I enjoy watching professionals explain the products they are passionate about. Doesn't matter what it is fishing shooting hunting. Just watching them address a situation gives insight into a different way they may do something. Best advice would be to get one of those instagram models in the thong bikinis to demonstrate how the system should be deployed and you will get to the top of the list at yt.
Rumble or Brighteon would be a better platform and Frank from Mike Liddell coming next week should be better still for Firearms in general. Example

• Love
Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Bolt Action Reloading- it's about gear, not him. Super skilled shooter who knows his gear, and can shoot well, and does decent videos at the range doing groups and such. Certainly and push the limits of a platform.

Precision rifle network - Joel is a top dude (only met him once, but was happy to trade patches with me and talk for 2 or 3 mins), and he has done stuff like this before. Very good quality reviews.

Impact shooting - Pieter is super friendly, skilled, presents very well, and I'm in love with his accent. Solid competitor. Definately worth contacting him.

Ultimate Reloader - does a bit of shilling for products recently, which isn't bad, because I'm into the gear he shill's !.

Bonus:
The Gun Collective - for the viewership. Lots of sub's, and would get the word out there. Even if it's only a review or interview, it would be good. Frequent uploader, lots of views. It's what you want to spread the word.

Reactions: Znutar
The fishing bunnies definitely make my instagram feed more enjoyable lol.

Reactions: FuhQ
I trust Thomas Hoagland ( THLR.NO) to give an honest assessment of a weapons system. His channel is my favorite. I like his approach and style. He has access to long ranges and is a very skilled riflemen.

Thomas is the only YouTube personality his videos I watch over and over again. There is something about his style, and his high-quality videography That keeps me coming back over and over to the same videos.

Ray Helm (X-Ring) is a good guy whose opinion I would trust.

Phil and Caylen are both honest. I trust their options. I believe they are sincere.

Joel at PRN seems sincere in his reviews. I would trust his opinion.

Logan (West Desert Shooter) seems honest. He has some interesting videos. He did great work on his review of the Xylo Chassis.

Gavin Gear ( Ultimate Reloader) in my opinion is bought and paid for by companies who's products appear on his channel. He does not bother to offer an actual review. He appears to be a pay for advertisement guy. Sometimes it seems like he knows what he is doing, other times it seems like the is out of his depth. Almost like he does not know what he's talking about.

Garand Thumb is more interested is looking like an operator than providing a review. I'm not surprised to hear others have the same low opinion of him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tokay444
YouTube, really?

I guess I assumed the market for Hoplite to be 1. Mil/LE/Civ contracts and 2. Gun weirdos like us who already know, making up a very small percentage of the intended sales.

YouTube, really?

I guess I assumed the market for Hoplite to be 1. Mil/LE/Civ contracts and 2. Gun weirdos like us who already know, making up a very small percentage of the intended sales.

Hi,

Exactly correct but make no mistake about it the guys in Category 1 (Some which have replied to this thread) watch YouTube when sitting around waiting for the next alarm bell.

And the honesty of Mil contracts is that it took Barrett 10 years of selling to civilians before they sold the first gun to US Mil.

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Inrangetv (Karl used to do nra high power).
Forgotten weapons (reasons stated above).
Nine hole reviews (I think Henry is former military ordnance dude).

Erik Cortina annoys me. He drones on too long. 8541 might be okay. Most of the other big ones are annoying.

Have been wondering when the blogs were going to hear about Hoplite. The Truth About Guns, The Firearm Blog, and Overt Defense are the ones I read.

Reactions: Changed
YouTube, really?

Actually its the exact opposite

ronnie barrett has said on more than one occasion that if not for the civilian sales, his company would have been out of business several times

if you think of pure numbers there are only 250 +/- snipers in the British military

there are prob 10X if not more Accuracy International rifles owned by hide members

Reactions: BillyTee
Have been wondering when the blogs were going to hear about Hoplite. The Truth About Guns, The Firearm Blog, and Overt Defense are the ones I read.
Hi,

We purposely have not pursued that direction until we have production models in hands.
Those entities are not the best media for something in T&E in which the company (Hoplite Arms) is continual updating things.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: LeftyJason
Ultimate Reloader should really change the name of the channel to Ultimate Advertiser. It's basically a paid advertisement every single video he makes. Let's introduce this 1000 dollar die set that has no adjustment for neck tension or no micrometer seating die.... but hey, it's nicely machined. No clue if it will make better ammo or not.

Reloading wise, Eric Cortina is probably one of the more insightful channels out there. At least he puts a reason to why you do certain things.... and he wins.

^Theis and brianf, sounds like a brutal business having to go bottom up that way. I can't even imagine needing to sell to the guy at the range in full camo :LOL:

^Theis and brianf, sounds like a brutal business having to go bottom up that way. I can't even imagine needing to sell to the guy at the range in full camo :LOL:
there are a lot more of them then there are of us lol

when the last time anyone heard of someone buying a .270 or 30-06

yet they still sell the to someone out there

Hi,

LOLOLOL Our market base is a little different than that....those typical guys can go buy a Savage.

But that guy at the range in full camo that just worked 72 hour shift at the ER that understands time is money.....Well he is my customer base.

Edited To Add:
Do you think there are more AI in civilian hands or Gov hands?
Do you think there are more Barretts in civilian hands or Gov hands?
Do you think there are more Sako M110 in civilian hands or Gov hands?

Sincerely,
Theis

what type or review is Hoplite actually looking for?

a true shooter to print small groups

a ELR guy who can speak about ballistics

a door kicker that will beat it up and show that it can handle

there might be a need to segment the Youtuber and contact each for specific commentary

you wouldnt ask a benchrest guy to shoot factory ammo or to drop it in the mud and go shoot

Impact Precision
8541 Tactical
The Lilly’s
PRN
Panhandle Precision

A lot of the big channels have viewers that think 1500$ for a rifle is WAY too much. You don’t gain much from that viewership imo. They also come across as shills. Every review or rifle is amazing!

I’d much rather see a group of proficient shooters use the rifle over the course of several weeks and provide feedback than some of the larger YouTube channels that have no business reviewing precision rifles. I think that’s why Impact Precision has grown. It’s well put together, offers some good info, and is entertaining. Most of the large channels really aren’t worth watching for precision shooters, who likely will be the target audience for this system.

Hi,

For those the say Impact Shooting......

Being his show is put on by MDT.....there could be a pretty good reason as to why pretty much ever bolt action he shows has a MDT chassis/stock on it.

That would be a no go for me.

How many non MDT bolt action videos have you seen?

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: Raufoss
Love Hickok45. Great 2nd amendment advocate but his specialty in older firearms IMO. Whenever he he reviews or talks about new stuff, his charm doesn’t shine through as much
It felt wrong not including one of the all time greats.

If we really want to jump in to the weeds I could have said:
The Social Regressive
Taofedermaus
and Jonny's Reloading Bench.

Edit:
Iraqvet8888 - big name
West desert shooter - shouldn't even mention
Demolition Ranch - bigger name
Don't forget LunkersTV was $n1p3r.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doctorwho1138
Is that fake russian exploder guy still on youtube? That was about the last time I recognized a youtube channel personality.

Take the time and make your own, I dont want a personality, just the facts.
Why Just the Facts Ma'am Doesn't Work - Worldview Intelligence: Change  The Outcome

I lied, I like the wheeler accuracy youtube channel videos
edit: Oh, and teds arc videos where he takes every little piece apart talking abut each one and puts it back together. I watch those.

Last edited:
It felt wrong not including one of the all time greats.

If we really want to jump in to the weeds I could have said:
The Social Regressive
Taofedermaus
and Jonny's Reloading Bench.
Hickock45 is no one I would listen to about precision rifle marksmanship or products. And neither are any of the others mentioned above.

Reactions: silentwoods
Hickock45 is no one I would listen to about precision rifle marksmanship or products. And neither are any of the others mentioned

I don't disagree in context of Tactical prs and Gucci gear but JRB occassionally shoots 6ppc. Go ahead and tell me how groups in the .1s, .2s and .3s don't qualify as precision rifle marksmanship

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
Hasn't been mentioned yet, but Robert Brantley has a channel and has been releasing some vids fairly recently that are really good and share a lot of valuable info. As far as actual PRS/NRL shooting-skill, dude pretty much crushes everybody mentioned so far except for maybe Philip Velayo (but Phil is pretty awkward on video)...

The Tactical Hyde/Scott Saterlee videos are very good also.

Last edited:
Reactions: iceng
The question that needs to be answered is, are you trying to get the most amount of eyes possible on this, or are you going for a Niche market review?

3-4 different YouTube’s will have 3-4 million views in the first week, that are watched by a broad spectrum of people and are known by most. You go for the niche market reviewers and you’ll be lucky to break 100k views in the first week.

The question that needs to be answered is, are you trying to get the most amount of eyes possible on this, or are you going for a Niche market review?

3-4 different YouTube’s will have 3-4 million views in the first week, that are watched by a broad spectrum of people and are known by most. You go for the niche market reviewers and you’ll be lucky to break 100k views in the first week.
This ^

Gotta go with the big names.