• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Z Comp Optics, heard of them? SHOT Booth N451!

Hopefully TT is better than Schmidt when it comes to actually getting product out from the time they announce. If you're looking at a TT525P vs a ZC527 then I can see the draw as they are both pretty close with 5-25 and 5-27x respectively; however, TT doesn't have anything like the ZC420 which makes it unique. I put in a pre-order for both the ZC527 and ZC420 but its the ZC420 that I'm most intrigued with as I'm very happy with my Minox ZP5 5-25 with MR4 reticle, I may end up cancelling my order for the ZC527 just not sure yet.
What’s the prices on them? I was eyeballing the ZC527, so before you decide to cancel if the price is right follow through and I’d buy it off you .

I’ve been wanting the 420 ever since it was announced at shot. I feel that Jeff has taken the best features from both nightforce and kahles, improved upon those and now we have ZCO. I’m interested to see what tt does with the gen2xr. I will still pick up the 420 with MPTC2 when it does come out. It would be nice to have some sort of update from zco.

Hate to be the Debbie Downer, but if pricing hasn't been finalized yet, there is no way these are shipping this month.. I'm sure most have come to that realization already.

Hate to be the Debbie Downer, but if pricing hasn't been finalized yet, there is no way these are shipping this month.. I'm sure most have come to that realization already.

Oh ya it could be up to another six months, it’s like placing an order with sac, tac ops, gap, raven, and so on!

Anyone get one of these to test yet? Figured we would see a review of the first units by now.

All this hype over the new Kahles K525i and the rumored updated reticle for Tangent Theta's has me antsy over the ZCO, I really want to see these scopes sometime soon. Too assuage my anxiousness I went to ZCO's site and was perusing the content and noticed in the rear view picture that the magnification throw level is canted at an angle instead of inline with the length of the scope, I am curious why ZCO chose this design - was there some advantage to this or was it purely aesthetic to go along with a similar cant to the scallops of the turret housing.

1531937266279.png

From what I remember at Shot the turrets had edges so sharp they would cut your hands. Very nice looking optics.

From what I remember at Shot the turrets had edges so sharp they would cut your hands. Very nice looking optics.
Remember those were pre-production, I would hope that ZCO would round off any rough edges, easy enough to do with modern machinery today

Reactions: bhoges
It looks to be done for aesthetic, though I do not know for sure as of yet. They are some great looking scopes IMO :cool:
I could see reason in the decision beyond aesthetic. If I hold my hand to mock grasping the eyepiece to effect a magnification change my left hand is not perfectly parallel to the bore of the rifle, it IS coming in angled or canted somewhat.

Or it could be for aesthetic.

Any updated ETA on these?

Also, is the parallax going to be similar to the TT where there isn’t much once you focus past ~250 yds?

Depending on the TT reticle release, it’s eithet the 5-27 zco or the 5-25 TT next for me.

I don’t think anything from zco. The last time I was at my local gun store the owner said he was going to give Jeff a call to get an update. They seem to think September is when we will see the first shipments.

I’m starting to get a little concerned. Very few updates from a company who was very excited an energetic to get a lot of information out early.

Hopefully things are still going as planned.

Reactions: Glassaholic
I reached out to them with an email a couple of weeks ago. No response.

Either they're ready to release and preparing for that or it's all over.

I inquired again about a mag ring (to prepare levers for) and was told they weren't...quite ready yet. No further info really. Literally just machined a batch of 36mm levels for these, so I'm gonna be ticked if they disappear lol!

I’m starting to get a little concerned. Very few updates from a company who was very excited an energetic to get a lot of information out early.

Hopefully things are still going as planned.

This is probably the best reason to not be the early adopter Guinea pig and throw down a bunch of cash on a brand new unproven company. However, it's the only way to be in the front of the line and not wait for eternity for the newest hotness and next best thing. Damned if ya do and damned if ya dont! Lol

They responded to me via Facebook a couple of weeks ago. Said they were working on production and hoped to have some good news soon. I let them know people were getting ansty and asked if they could post here.

I was really hoping some would be here by now, middle of August. I know they've asked for us to be patient so they could just focus on working on release and they don't want to be the company to give estimates only to miss them, but some kind of update would be nice, anything really even if it's just a quick comment saying "we're close". I'll tell you this, while I've been waiting for the ZCO I've acquired a Schmidt Ultra Short 3-20 and a Kahles K318i so I am really hoping the ZC420 will push Ultra Shorts into the next level, during SHOT they claimed these would be the best optically and mechanically so my expectations have been it will be a marked improvement over the Schmidt and Kahles and venture more into the Minox ZP5/Tangent Theta territory.

Reactions: jonthomps
The radio silence from them has definitely been... interesting. I'm not in a position to get one early on, but if they do eventually come to fruition and are all that and a bag of chips as claimed, one may find it's way on to my AI eventually. Until then, I'm still saving pennies for an AMG.

That's the tactical optics world for ya'... Not sure why we've come to accept this as normal, but... it... seems... to... be... the... norm... :confused: (cue the apologists sayin' something along the lines of: 'at least they're waitin' 'til they get it right... et al.)

I still have more hope on the ZCO than the Geiselle Super 700 --- they were announced together at shot, the latter was due end Mar. :) just saying - its not just ZCO, the gun industry sucks at predicting shipping times - in retrospect ARC nucleus was the best estimate

Reactions: CSTactical
Hopefully in a year from now everyone who wants one has their first or third by that time and the initial wait is a distant memory :)

At their current rate, I seriously doubt that.. I think we would have a better chance of Hillary cutting the ribbon at the introduction of Trumps new wall! When it snows in hell right. Lol... Actually I do hope they start to trickle out and are everything they say they will be, cause I'll own one after the bugs are worked out if so.

At their current rate, I seriously doubt that.. I think we would have a better chance of Hillary cutting the ribbon at the introduction of Trumps new wall! When it snows in hell right. Lol... Actually I do hope they start to trickle out and are everything they say they will be, cause I'll own one after the bugs are worked out if so.
I was hoping she would be at the Groundbreaking ceremony and every day after in a orange jumpsuit with a shovel in her hand doing hard labor...........shit I forgot we aren’t supposed to get political.....I can’t wait for the new scope also!

I was hoping she would be at the Groundbreaking ceremony and every day after in a orange jumpsuit with a shovel in her hand doing hard labor...........shit I forgot we aren’t supposed to get political.....I can’t wait for the new scope also!

I totally agree!

Well I be emailed them and asked them with no reply yet seems like they're not going to make MOA. Which is definitely a sale killer for me

Well I be emailed them and asked them with no reply yet seems like they're not going to make MOA. Which is definitely a sale killer for me

A few things:

1) They're prepping for SHOT. Response time will likely be slow.

2) They JUST released production units a few days ago. They've already stated they're starting with mils because they're far and away the more popular option. Give them time. You'll likely be waiting a year+, but if they sell well and hold up to the hype, they'll probably have a MOA version out eventually.