• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Z Comp Optics, heard of them? SHOT Booth N451!

I am waiting very patiently for MHSA to get their shipment in. MHSA said June, but mike at cstactical is making it hard for me to wait with his shipment of k318i that came in.

Reactions: CSTactical
I am waiting very patiently for MHSA to get their shipment in. MHSA said June, but mike at cstactical is making it hard for me to wait with his shipment of k318i that came in.
Oh come on! You know that you want one of each anyway. So get the Kahles now and then a Zcomp next. Win-win! :cool:

Reactions: CSTactical
Don't screw this up Nick. It has to be 100% ready when it's released. That can make or break you. :(

Reactions: D_TROS
Don't screw this up Nick. It has to be 100% ready when it's released. That can make or break you. :(
You are so right hk dave.I am so looking forward to hearing some hands on reviews on these scopes.If they are as promised i will be getting one.Nick,take your time and get it right.Thanks for keeping us updated.

Nick,

In previous post you had mentioned sending scopes out to a few key individuals so they could be reviewed.

Will you do that before you begin shipping “mass production” scopes in June?

Just wondering when we might see a full review on one.

Thanks

Nick,

In previous post you had mentioned sending scopes out to a few key individuals so they could be reviewed.

Thanks

This would surely help a lot of people make a purchase decision.

Cause everyday I wake up and have to fight a battle with myself to be patient just a little longer.... ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: PusherX11
Nick,

Thanks

Frank will be receiving one or two from the very first batch. Mike at CS Tactical I'm sure will give his impression and input as well as soon as he receives his. There are a couple others I'll be coordinating with as soon as I know that scopes will be shipping out.

Frank will be receiving one or two from the very first batch. Mike at CS Tactical I'm sure will give his impression and input as well as soon as he receives his. There are a couple others I'll be coordinating with as soon as I know that scopes will be shipping out.

200.gif

So just curious but what mounting options will be available for these scopes. It seems that 36mm is not a mainstream tube diameter and I understand the case that zcomp makes for it but will there be good, solid mounting optics for them? I am in the hunt for a good cantilevered mount with 6 mil built into it.

So just curious but what mounting options will be available for these scopes. It seems that 36mm is not a mainstream tube diameter and I understand the case that zcomp makes for it but will there be good, solid mounting optics for them? I am in the hunt for a good cantilevered mount with 6 mil built into it.

Sphur, ARC, ERA TAC, and Seekins are making 36mm rings and mounts.

Last edited:
You don’t need a cantilevered mount for your LRP, I’ve used standard mounts for my large frame AR’s and never needed cantilever for proper eye relief using multiple scopes.

Both of these large frame AR's have standard (non-cantilevered) mounts, the top has the ERA-TAC and the bottom has the ARC M10 QD-L. The ARC is my favorite and while they make rings in 36mm they don't list a mount in 36mm unfortunately. ERA-TAC makes multiple 36mm mounts, and if you want QD then I'd highly recommend them as they allow for multiple accessories to be attached.

20160402_PROOF_FD_65CM_0002.jpg

Last edited:

How about having someone without a vested interest in selling them do the review?

How about having someone without a vested interest in selling them do the review?
Frank doesn't sell scopes, he is probably one of the most competent and thorough reviewers out there. Nick was just saying that Mike is really good at providing feedback on scopes he receives for customers. There are others on the Hide as well that ZCO is working with to do reviews; however, reviews may not come in before first scopes ship, so hopefully we'll hear from some in the community ahead of time. I put in my order with CS Tactical pretty early so hoping I might get one sooner rather than later (fingers crossed).

I wish we could at least get some pricing soon so we know where ZCO stands within the pack, hopefully soon.

Last edited:
Happy to hear Seekins is tooling up to make rings for the ZCO.
Anyone have specs on Seekins 36mm ring height options & availability?
Website has no intel...thanks!

Frank doesn't sell scopes, he is probably one of the most competent and thorough reviewers out there. Nick was just saying that Mike is really good at providing feedback on scopes he receives for customers. There are others on the Hide as well that ZCO is working with to do reviews; however, reviews may not come in before first scopes ship, so hopefully we'll hear from some in the community ahead of time. I put in my order with CS Tactical pretty early so hoping I might get one sooner rather than later (fingers crossed).

I wish we could at least get some pricing soon so we know where ZCO stands within the pack, hopefully soon.

We will let everyone know when it's available :cool:

It's June. :)
It is June, and early comments said they would be shipping this month, but we still have 25 days left; however, my gut feeling says we will not be seeing scopes anytime soon, I hope I'm wrong, but in this situation I do not think no news is good news but could mean they (ZCO) are still not ready for production. Like many have already said, we (as a community) would rather wait until ZCO gets everything ironed out instead of delivering scopes that have issues which must then be returned for warranty. ZCO is a brand new boutique optics company, so I can understand that manufacturing and QC may take a bit, heck, nobody even heard of them before January and the fact that we may see some scopes this year is already better than Schmidt & Benders time to market. ;)

Oh, I absolutely want them to take their time and get it right. I'm not typically an early adopter but I am on this. No harm in asking for a general update from the horses mouth, right?

Reactions: Basher
Oh, I absolutely want them to take their time and get it right. I'm not typically an early adopter but I am on this. No harm in asking for a general update from the horses mouth, right?
No harm at all, I'd like to know a status update as well.

I feel like a fat kid waiting for the ice cream truck....hey ZCO can you see my drool

Attachments

• tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
    179.6 KB · Views: 131
the 4-20 shorty peaky my interest, wish it was 34mm though . Didnt IOR try going the 36mm tube route in the past and it didnt work out?
I like the ZC420 as well and that is the one I am anxious to see, I'm not so much concerned about the 36mm tube, I just wish the scope was a bit lighter, but if it performs as well as the Minox ZP5 optically and close to the TT mechanically then I think it will be highly sought after. Just got my S&B Ultra Short 3-20 so looking forward how the two compare. Hensoldt and Zeiss have some 36mm tubes, they are the only other ones I know of. IOR/Valdada have some 40mm tubes which are extremely uncommon. ARC makes 36mm rings, Spuhr has some and ERA-TAC has some... I highly recommend the ARC M10 rings.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pusher591
I actually had a dream last night that I woke up this morning and these were on the way to distributors. :)

I actually had a dream last night that I woke up this morning and these were on the way to distributors. :)
Man I wish. I contacted them last week and they said “no updates still” but they were working hard. I have a feeling we are looking at sept/October

Man I wish. I contacted them last week and they said “no updates still” but they were working hard. I have a feeling we are looking at sept/October

I sure hope not! My money is burning a giant optic hole in my pocket!
182E233E-6E35-456E-AAD4-CC50AB58C10E.jpeg

This is a very lonely rifle!

I have a feeling they will not be seen until October at the earliest. I didn’t want to wait either so I ordered a nightforce

Damn, October is pretty late but I need to save up for it anyways. I might have the scratch to buy one by then but that Kahles 318 is calling my name.

I’ve waited this long already, I guess another three months will not hurt too bad. By then though I’ll have enough $ for a tt with a new reticle!

I’ve waited this long already, I guess another three months will not hurt too bad. By then though I’ll have enough $ for a tt with a new reticle!
Hopefully TT is better than Schmidt when it comes to actually getting product out from the time they announce. If you're looking at a TT525P vs a ZC527 then I can see the draw as they are both pretty close with 5-25 and 5-27x respectively; however, TT doesn't have anything like the ZC420 which makes it unique. I put in a pre-order for both the ZC527 and ZC420 but its the ZC420 that I'm most intrigued with as I'm very happy with my Minox ZP5 5-25 with MR4 reticle, I may end up cancelling my order for the ZC527 just not sure yet.

I preordered the 5-27 ZCO as maybe it will do a little more, but I think I find myself drooling over the 4-20 a bit more often.