• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bumping this thread for the new year…. My lightweight hunting barrel, action, and chassis are all in the queue (longest lead time is the action due to be built some time in October(ish), so hoping to have some of the latest hotness for a hunting scope ready to go by then.

@gebhardt02 I know your plate is full, and no one likes to be nailed down to a future date with so many things that can and will go wrong in the interim, but is late fall 2022 a reasonable date for something?

My only plea other than great glass and light(ish) weight, is a simple uncluttered illuminated FFP reticle; maybe just the center dot illuminated if it simplifies things and/or cuts weight. I know a lot of hunters like SFP for a variety of reasons, and have several SFP scopes already…but prefer FFP for shooting at anything beyond a couple hundred yards.

Re: reticle: I’m thinking something along the lines of your MPCT-1:

MPCT-1-sheet.png

…but with even fewer hash marks. Maybe invert the image (move the top vertical bar to the bottom); or better yet, lose the thick vertical bar entirely. Just the two thick bars on the sides, a thin vertical line on the bottom, and illuminated center dot.

Very crudely mocked up here:

FDF615D6-16E7-4554-B50E-C90656A45694.jpeg

EDIT: Maybe add the “donut of death” someone mentioned above…you could make the donut the illuminated part so it looks like a red dot at lower magnification, then a broken circle at higher magnification; similar to the ACSS on LVPOs.

For example the Trijicon VCOG reticle:

trijicon-vcog-1-8x28-segmented-circle-cross-dot-mrad-reticle.jpg

Last edited:
Bumping this thread for the new year…. My lightweight hunting barrel, action, and chassis are all in the queue (longest lead time is the action due to be built some time in October(ish), so hoping to have some of the latest hotness for a hunting scope ready to by then too.

@gebhardt02 I know your plate is full, and no one likes to be nailed down to a future date with so many things that can and will go wrong in the interim, but is late fall 2022 a reasonable date for something?

My only plea other than great glass and light(ish) weight, is a simple uncluttered illuminated FFP reticle; maybe just the center dot illuminated if it simplifies things and/or cuts weight. I know a lot of hunters like SFP for a variety of reasons, and have several SFP scopes already…but prefer FFP for shooting at anything beyond a couple hundred yards.

MPCT-1-sheet.png

…but with even fewer hash marks. Maybe invert the image (move the top vertical bar to the bottom); or better yet, lose the thick vertical bar entirely. Just the two thick bars on the sides, a thin vertical line on the bottom, and illuminated center dot. Maybe add the “donut of death” someone mentioned above.

Msr2 or gtfo

Bumping this thread for the new year…. My lightweight hunting barrel, action, and chassis are all in the queue (longest lead time is the action due to be built some time in October(ish), so hoping to have some of the latest hotness for a hunting scope ready to go by then.

MPCT-1-sheet.png

…but with even fewer hash marks. Maybe invert the image (move the top vertical bar to the bottom); or better yet, lose the thick vertical bar entirely. Just the two thick bars on the sides, a thin vertical line on the bottom, and illuminated center dot.

Very crudely mocked up here:

View attachment 7779868

EDIT: Maybe add the “donut of death” someone mentioned above…you could make the donut the illuminated part so it looks like a red dot at lower magnification, then a broken circle at higher magnification; similar to the ACSS on LVPOs.

For example the Trijicon VCOG reticle:

trijicon-vcog-1-8x28-segmented-circle-cross-dot-mrad-reticle.jpg
I don't even care if it's illuminated. Illumination on a good scope with alpha glass and a purpose built reticle is only a hinderence 95+% of the time. I don't even use it when running NV. Save the weight and reduce your warranty repairs.

My vote is MPCT3 with some sort of heavy feature like a donut or hashes similar to SAI6 for low power viewing. Capped windage, super short locking elevation turret so we can piggy back an RDS. Then, lightweight, lightweight, lightweight (I still selfishly want 30mm)

These are going on Cross's, Fix's and other lightweight bolt guns and some of us will also want to use it for Run and Guns on lightweight ARs (So make sure the lowest power setting doesn't force a throw-lever into our chest or back while slung, please)

Last edited:
I don't even care if it's illuminated. Illumination on a good scope with alpha glass and a purpose built reticle is only a hinderence 95+% of the time. I don't even use it when running NV. Save the weight and reduce your warranty repairs.

My vote is MPCT3 with some sort of heavy feature like a donut or hashes similar to SAI6 for low power viewing. Capped windage, super short locking elevation turret so we can piggy back an RDS. Then, lightweight, lightweight, lightweight (I still selfishly want 30mm)

These are going on Cross's, Fix's and other lightweight bolt guns and some of us will also want to use it for Run and Guns on lightweight ARs (So make sure the lowest power setting doesn't force a throw-lever into our chest or back while slung, please)
Have to disagree. FFP with a small center dot with nuclear bright illumination on the dot only would be perfect on a hunting scope. This would allow for a tiny center dot reticle but still maintain usability on the lowest magnification setting. Agree with lightweight though.

Have to disagree. FFP with a small center dot with nuclear bright illumination on the dot only would be perfect on a hunting scope. This would allow for a tiny center dot reticle but still maintain usability on the lowest magnification setting. Agree with lightweight though.
Oh I want a small center dot as well. The donut or the hashes would hopefully help my eye find the center when light is compromised. I think with a 2.5x low end, its not quite as much of an issue as with a 1x low end. llumination or non-illuminated isn't going to break it for me. I'll buy it either way if the other feature sets play nice.

Not trying to let y'all down, but fall 2022 isn't going to happen on a 2-16. We really like to take our time, do it right.
I hope it's not actually an 8x zoom ratio with weird mechanics internally unless you guys can really do it without compromising optical quality and other metrics. I think 3-16 with the same 5.4x ratio like the 527 would still be awesome and also gives some differentiation/bragging rights over the TT315 on the top end.

I hope it's not actually an 8x zoom ratio with weird mechanics internally unless you guys can really do it without compromising optical quality and other metrics. I think 3-16 with the same 5.4x ratio like the 527 would still be awesome and also gives some differentiation/bragging rights over the TT315 on the top end.
Agreed.
Not that they would compromise, but I feel like expectations should be set in reality.

A (ZCO) TT 3-15 with better reticle options at under $3.5k would even be enough to make me never look at TT again with the desire to buy.

don't know why people want more then 3 mils or windage on a reticle that's used for killing

• Haha
Reactions: Huckmeat
So if the 2-16 isn't coming in 2022, then perhaps we can shift our discussion to the 1-10x ZCO that was announced at last month's Shot Show Underground event?

THIS WAS CLEARLY A SARCASTIC COMMENT. INTERNET FIRES BEGONE!

Last edited:
So if the 2-16 isn't coming in 2022, then perhaps we can shift our discussion to the 1-10x ZCO that was announced at last month's Shot Show Underground event?

Tell us more...
Do I need to hold off on picking up a 1-8 ATACR?

Tell us more...
Do I need to hold off on picking up a 1-8 ATACR?
THIS WAS A JOKE.

If you have to ask, then that means you weren't invited to the super secret underground SHOW Show.

...AKA me and the coked up Japanese businessmen eating sushi off of homeless strippers in the alley out back of the center.

I know nothing but I would like to see something like this from ZCO in the future.

THIS IS NOTHING MORE THAN ME BEING A SMART ASS.

Last edited:
Hi,

Well way to go dude, ya just set the internet on fire. 🙄

Sincerely,
J-Ham
Gurrrrlllll I'm just here to watch the world burn...

...But for real... I'd 100% be down to snag a 1-10 ZCO for my LMT. I'm kind of in a tough spot because now that I'm lookin at the ZCO840, it means I have to swap all of my other optics to ZCO. Once badger drops their new mount, it means I have to swap everything to that too. These are the sacrifices I'm willing to make for uniformity.

Badger making a 36mm? Lol see you in two years.
Their marketing on social media said shipping is estimated to happen next month for their new C1 Max line….which includes 36mm models.

1644335539859.gif

As stated multiple times by myself and ZCO reps, this is not 100% yet or being released in the next year. They can handle about one big release a year and there might be other options ahead of a potential 2-16 or LPVO.

Reactions: gebhardt02
As stated multiple times by myself and ZCO reps, this is not 100% yet or being released in the next year. They can handle about one big release a year and there might be other options ahead of a potential 2-16 or LPVO.
I was clearly being sarcastic. I can’t take responsibility for those who take me serious.

…that said, is this your way of saying that we should expect a 1-8x to drop by the end of Easter?

Well you guys are always pressing for people to contact you...gotta take the bad with the good I suppose.

We absolutely do! Hundreds of people (Or more) on this forum contact us and we try to provide customers or potential customers the best information and service possible. I'm on the phone hours all day long and plenty here can vouch for that. You can't give the service we provide over the forum or email, especially when a 5 minute conversation covers a back and forth email that can goes on for days/weeks/months. Nobody is obligated to contact us, we are just a different shop than an Optics Planet or Midway for example.

We are also deep into this community, we are not just here to open people's wallets.

Reactions: Bakwa
Their marketing on social media said shipping is estimated to happen next month for their new C1 Max line….which includes 36mm models.

View attachment 7803487
I got ahold of Badger on 1/28. I was told the 36mm versions would be at least 3 months out. Sounds like the decision to add a 36mm version was relatively last minute. I think the 34mm were projected to be available near the end of this month.

I’ll be grabbing at least 1 C1 when the 36mm mounts are available.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
I got ahold of Badger on 1/28. I was told the 36mm versions would be at least 3 months out. Sounds like the decision to add a 36mm version was relatively last minute. I think the 34mm were projected to be available near the end of this month.

I’ll be grabbing at least 1 C1 when the 36mm mounts are available.
Ahhhh ok. Yea I hadn’t reached out directly and was going to wait until March. …guess I’ll wait a bit more lol. But yea, I was planning on doing the same.

Reactions: Secant
Man, if you’re taking requests:

Hows about a 420 “hunting” model similar(ish) to how Tangent has their “M” series. Drop to 28oz range, smaller tube (30mm or 34mm), smaller 10mil/rev turrets, keep 50mm objective, same general controls & reticles.
^ This. I would go broke rescoping my rifles if this happened. Just bought two more TT315Ms yesterday, but if this was a production scope, I would have gladly dropped the coin for this.

^ This. I would go broke rescoping my rifles if this happened. Just bought two more TT315Ms yesterday, but if this was a production scope, I would have gladly dropped the coin for this.

This is how I feel when I continue requesting this from ZCO

R.2de99aac7b3bcb3fc4c706fbc4f5f533

BTW your two new TT's will be here soon ;)

Still waiting for that ZCO light weight hunter model… just bought another TT315M from Richard at @CSTactical the other day (it arrived today by the way, thanks Richard) however I have another hunting build in the works and will be needing glass in 4-6 months for it….. will it be yet another TT315M orrrrrr how bout that ZCO Hunter ;)

*edit: heart sank seeing it most likely will not happen by fall 😩

Still waiting for that ZCO light weight hunter model… just bought another TT315M from Richard at @CSTactical the other day (it arrived today by the way, thanks Richard) however I have another hunting build in the works and will be needing glass in 4-6 months for it….. will it be yet another TT315M orrrrrr how bout that ZCO Hunter ;)
Could ZCO make a 2-16x44 and make it amazing, I have no doubt; however, to make a 2-16 “amazing” I think it would be priced out of most alpha class pricing and it’d be too heavy for what most are looking for. Interesting how Premier Reticles got it right so long ago with their Light Tactical - keep the quality of the big brother 3-15 but reduce tube size and turrets to give it a diet, TT didn’t create this scope, they just improved on it, same with their Hunter series, sure would like to see some new innovation from them. So I agree with you Henry, would love to see this from ZCO, as long as the optical quality is up there and the reticle works at bottom mag (and not too thick at top) and the unit weighs under 30oz, they will have a winner in my opinion.

Could ZCO make a 2-16x44 and make it amazing, I have no doubt; however, to make a 2-16 “amazing” I think it would be priced out of most alpha class pricing and it’d be too heavy for what most are looking for. Interesting how Premier Reticles got it right so long ago with their Light Tactical - keep the quality of the big brother 3-15 but reduce tube size and turrets to give it a diet, TT didn’t create this scope, they just improved on it, same with their Hunter series, sure would like to see some new innovation from them. So I agree with you Henry, would love to see this from ZCO, as long as the optical quality is up there and the reticle works at bottom mag (and not too thick at top) and the unit weighs under 30oz, they will have a winner in my opinion.
No doubt! I’m sure they will do it too. That 315M has slowly become my favorite optic on single caliber rigs especially for hunting (Gen 2 Mil Dot). It will be interesting to see if they offer a more “hunting” type reticle (I know reticles are subjective). I personally am not a fan of center dot style reticles. Having owned and tried a bunch of top-tier glass and reticle offerings, the Gen 2 Mil Dot reticle is it for me!

Hope all is well Bill and you’re enjoying that Florida weather! Still rocking that ZCO420 I bought from ya. May sell it soon though for another 315M :LOL:

It will be interesting to see if they offer a more “hunting” type reticle (I know reticles are subjective). I personally am not a fan of center dot style reticles. Having owned and tried a bunch of top-tier glass and reticle offerings, the Gen 2 Mil Dot reticle is it for me!
Ever since the G2H reticle from Bushnell came out with the “circle of death” in a long range FFP design I’ve had an affinity for that style especially at low mag. I used to be a huge fan of the center dot but mostly for load dev/short range, I hold wind so once you get out to distance a bit you’re typically not using the center anyway so don’t mind a center cross for better reference to measure from center, if that center cross could be brightly illuminated I think that would be better for low mag use.

Could ZCO make a 2-16x44 and make it amazing, I have no doubt; however, to make a 2-16 “amazing” I think it would be priced out of most alpha class pricing and it’d be too heavy for what most are looking for.
Based on the line up currently being 420, 527, and 840, I genuinely don't see the zoom range being wider than like 3-15/16. I don't think a 2-10 would have the legs to do well in this price bracket.

We are also deep into this community, we are not just here to open people's wallets.
Ok then, why does my wallet keep opening??? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I all seriousness guys, there is no other place I'd rather spend my hard earned cash on optics than the boys at CS Tactical. They are always hustlin, especially Richard. That dude needs a raise just to deal with my phone calls.

• Haha
Reactions: CSTactical
Don’t really want another 3-15, TT already makes the best one, but a 3.5-18 or 4-20 alpha light tactical, that would make me think twice before choosing the TT

As long as it's actually light. The market is saturated with 700gm+ scopes, can't imagine yet another being interesting in any new way. Very short on nice and genuinely light options (with 30mm tubes!)

Reactions: Glassaholic