• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zealot Rifle Chassis by KMW

That looks fantastic. You don't know this, because I am not quite dumb enough to out myself on here, but you built my first ever really great rifle, and it looks like you haven't slowed down even a little bit over the years.
You are correct. I was not aware.
Thank you for your business.
I'm happy your business experience with me did not turn you into an anti-gun activist!

It’ll handle up to a 1.35” truck axle
I'm claiming 1.25" is GTG if you are a person that needs to go there.

I'm also claiming that I would NOT recommend trying 1.35".
Technically, it would probably "fit" but it would be like the weenie in a CornDog tight.

Follow me for more synonyms.. . . . . .

It will accept a full 1.250" non-tapered barrel.

You would just need to make sure any M-Lok accessories on the 6 o'clock axis have the appropriate screw length so the screw doesn't protruded unnecessarily past the nut.

I have not referred to the MPA vertical grip at all because I have no clue about it. It may or may not work. If I typed MPA, it was an error on my part.

The MDT will work for sure.

./
You are correct on my MPA comment, I just had some time to go back through this thread didn't mean to mis quote you. Done your homework on this one as always, Will be waiting on them to be released

Reactions: Terry Cross
Very nice design, as usual.
This is the first chassis to make me want to shoot something other than an Mrad.
Can’t wait to see one in the flesh.

A very well thought out and designed chassis from the maker of the best looking stock (Sentinel) out there. Can’t wait to see what the comp version brings!

My main rifle has always been in a Sentinel since you built my first custom rifle about 15 years ago. Since I started building rifles I’ve owned or built one on about everything, but never saw the need to change my go-to. This one just might do it, though. I like everything about it.

A9891EB5-ADB9-4FA3-B0C8-C91190484E68.png

Last edited:
Your post far more telling than at first glance.
THAT is exactly what any product design is ALWAYS fighting! Ugh!

Trigger clearance is good on every trigger group tested!. . . . . and then. . . . . . somebody comes out with a "New and improved" trigger that has parts in places that parts didn't use to reside.

./
I remember going down this road with you years back with the Timney 510 and the Badger M4 I had on the rifle and the latch spring being lost. Funny times...

All this to say that you put out some incredible work. I still enjoy my .308 you put together in 2007. Time flies...

Last edited:
Sorry if someone has asked already, but is there clearance for 700 clones that use trigger hangers? This chassis is definitely one I’ll be trying.

The Zealot Chassis features a Split Hemisphere forend with a unique lockup between bottom and top.

The intent of the feature was to allow easier installation and removal of a barreled action to and from the chassis when needed.
Here is a quick and dirty 5 second vid of the top removal once the two retaining screws are removed.

I was in a hurry trying to get onto something else so this one is with shaky phone and bad light.
I will get better video of this and other new features as time permits.

./

Stupid question (what else is new),
Would you have a list of acceptable actions that interface with your chassis? I’m considering a change and your chassis is the ticket 🎟

P.S. I know 700 clones list is long and varied, so may be easier to list the ones that won’t work . Then again, it’s probably too early to tell!

P.S. I know 700 clones list is long and varied, so may be easier to list the ones that won’t work . Then again, it’s probably too early to tell!
Will have a Terminus action in hand later this week to inspect and make sure the short bolt lift will clear the channel that the bolt cycles back through.

So for for sure:
Defiance
Surgeon
Impact
Rem 700
Stiller
Terminus Zeus

Will add to this list and also advise what doesn't work as the discovery expands.

*Edited to add the Zeus on 11/5/21

./

Last edited:
Reactions: DJL2 and RayDBonz
One more question: semi ball park time frame for the competition model?
I would guess Q3.
And that is a very semi ball park time frame.

Zero time will be spent on further work on the Comp variant until this model is running and shipping smoothly. Considering the very delayed schedule this initial Zealot took to get going I will not try to accurately forecast other iterations.

I really appreciate your interest but I will not BS you by teasing something out of my realm of control and talent.

./

Stupid question (what else is new),
Would you have a list of acceptable actions that interface with your chassis? I’m considering a change and your chassis is the ticket 🎟

If you have a dremel you can probably make any 700 clone fit with minimal modification.

Ah, yes, the dremel…
Probably caused more damage and destruction to the firearms world than anything else, besides the tool using it…. 🤡

• Haha
Reactions: gnochi and kthomas
KMW’s Zealot - LE rifle chassis was shown in the wild for the first time at the 2021 Precision Rifle Expo in Blakely, Georgia this weekend.

View attachment 7732497

View attachment 7732525

View attachment 7732531

This chassis design reflects the same philosophies that I embodied in the very successful SENTINEL Combat Stock plus a few more that I could not execute in a fiberglass stock.

The Zealot places your barreled action lower in the stock than any other chassis while delivering totally new design features that no other existing chassis or conventional stock has.

FEATURES:

Z-Latch
TM locking hardware - Totally new locking system for LOP and Cheek Rest adjustments. No tools needed. No loose and rattling components. Nothing sticking out to snag on gear. Nothing to loosen. Will not accidentally disengage during movement or while on the gun.
View attachment 7732520

Captv-MagTM – This integrally machined feature is the same already proven feature in the new KMW DBM bottom metal. The Captv-MagTM system prevents AICS style magazines from over-traveling into the bolt path and binding the gun.

New Split Hemisphere forend design provides a totally enclosed handguard easy installation and removal of your barreled action into chassis while retaining the lowest CG of any chassis on the market.

I wanted to avoid any proprietary accessory attachment requirements so I chose to include the proven M-LokTM slot standard to allow you to configure as needed from the huge selection of M-Lok accessories on the market.

Main chassis body is one piece/monolithic to maximize rigidity and strength while avoiding a bunch of fasteners to hold the forend in place like others.

The forend is wider and blended to be more friendly to your hands while also sitting in and riding through bags.

View attachment 7732519

A lot of chassis on the market look like the pistol grip was simply stuck there as an afterthought by leaving a lot of square edges and lines that are very unfriendly to your gun handling and comfort if you are on the gun for extended periods.
A good bit of thought and work went into the area where the grip merges with the Zealot chassis to insure your best hand position and comfort even if you add another aftermarket grip*.
*Accepts any M4/AR pistol grip including the excellent MDT vertical adjustable grip.
View attachment 7732522

Accepts all Accuracy International AICS style magazines and AICS clones.
*Will also accept AW style magazines

Short Integral ARCA rail just in front of magazine well fits RRS Anvil and similar clamps.
I purposefully avoided an integral ARCA extending down the bottom of the forend. Future "competition" version may include one.

5 flush cup locations on back half of stock that feature GrovTec’s proven limited rotation, stainless material and black oxide finish. Much better long term wear than flush cup points machined into an aluminum chassis body. Two MagPul flush cup mount points with M-Lok anchors allow you to place front positions where you want.

SPECS

Chassis weight: 4.7 pounds

L.O.P. Range: 12.8” – 14” *

Folding Butt Stock on the L.E. model. Folds over most bolt handles.

Forend Length: 13.75”

Forend Width: 2.25”

Everything except the top hemisphere of handguard (6061-T6) is machined from 7075-T6

First offering will be Short Action (Rem700 and customs on same footprint) – Right hand. Next will be left hand/S.A. then Long Action Magnums.

Colors: Matte Black, O.D.Green or FDE hardcoat anodized.

More photos and information will be on the KMW website (www.KMWLRS.com) and KMW FaceBook page later this week.

Pricing will be announced within the next couple of weeks.

The Zealot – L.E. chassis should be available for ordering and shipping Q1 of 2022 which is getting here quickly!

./
I don't think the barrel sets as low as the new VALDADA chassis. And No thumb shelf was a big negative.
You may want to revise it b efore long.Read just how many commented on No Thumb Shelf. Good Luck Though

I don't think the barrel sets as low as the new VALDADA chassis. And No thumb shelf was a big negative.
You may want to revise it b efore long.Read just how many commented on No Thumb Shelf. Good Luck Though
Good luck getting anyone here to look at anything Valdada. This site has been burned by them too many times. Look it up.

Note bringing this up as a warning not to get in a Valdada rehashing.

KMW > Valdada in every way... I'd rather have a KMW anything, to include a scope. Bore axis height is only one small part of what this chassis brings to the table & I'm pretty sure Mr Cross is WAY past crowd-sourcing input from nobodies. My recommendation: Move along, sir.

Why don't you get the exact spec/measurement on the VALDADA and post it here. Remove anybody's doubt that you are correct.

I am aware of the thumb shelf comments you refer to and they were very much anticipated over a year ago.
The "thumb shelf" was specifically ignored on this model as stated on the first page of this thread.

There are already edges that the thumb can be parked against if you are insecure in completely grasping the grip, they just aren't adjustable.
I do not believe it is a big negative for the market I targeted.

The Competition version will address Thumb Shelfs when it arrives.
In the mean time, I would not hold my breath for the revision on the Zealot-LE.
There will be enough of these in the food chain that I am sure 14 people on this forum will be offering various 3D printed thumb shelfs for it.

Please do not forget to post the dimension from center of bore to the bottom of the forend on the VALDADA.

Thank you for your input.

./

Lemme guess, ya hold your pinkie finger out when you sip your Starbucks…

looks like the night vision rail is higher than the scope rail?
The NV rail is higher than the Pic rail on Defiance/Impact 737/Surgeon 591 Pic rails but still lower than the Accuracy International AX AICS NV rail compared to the same actions.

The rifle sits so low in the Zealot that most users will use a higher ring/mount combo similar to the A.I.s.
There was no way to get the NV mount options lower to the bore and still allow the bigger barrel contours to be an option.

Detail on NV rail height compared to Action Pic Rail  Jan 29, 2020.jpg

./

Joel Russo was kind enough to send one of his Terminus Zeus actions for me to test for clearance in the Zealot.
Received it today.

No issue at all with the handle of this short bolt lift action running back through the bolt channel. Everything fits and runs perfectly.

I have edited Post #119 above to add his Zeus to the list of actions that I know will fit and run in the Zealot chassis.

Thank you Joel. I appreciate the assist.
Very nice action. Keep up the great work.

Terry

./

Joel Russo was kind enough to send one of his Terminus Zeus actions for me to test for clearance in the Zealot.
Received it today.

No issue at all with the handle of this short bolt lift action running back through the bolt channel. Everything fits and runs perfectly.

I have edited Post #119 above to add his Zeus to the list of actions that I know will fit and run in the Zealot chassis.

Terry

./
Awesome 😎. This is the one I was waiting for!

Final question for the day. Any possible hope of every getting a Cheytac sized version in the future?

Received it today.

Terry

./

Nicely done Terry, glad the Zeus found a comfortable home.

Received it today.

Terry

./
if you want a zermatt origin/rimx lmk and i can send them your way

What’s it going to take to get one in a non tradition anodized color?😏
Hahahahaaa.
Depends on your version of "non tradition". If you mean Rainbows and glitter, they will be ready by the 12th of never.

If you are referring to other solid colors besides the Black/OD/FDE basics like Blue, Red, etc. then it will very much depend on how much we can keep up with the demand for the 3 basic offerings.

I will likely offer a few brighter colors and some customer splashes on the Competition model when it debuts late next year.

Let me know if I am even close to what you were asking....

Thanks,
T.

Nothing retarded or anything, just something fun. Since your clearances are not made to cooperate with a raw finish, something out of the ordinary would make for a cool piece for matches

Nothing retarded or anything, just something fun. Since your clearances are not made to cooperate with a raw finish, something out of the ordinary would make for a cool piece for matches

If Terry Cross is busy and can't accommodate (I'm sure he'll be pretty busy just trying to fill orders, rather then doing 1 off custom jobs), consider sending the chassis off to Branden at Custom Gun Coatings.

He does excellent work, will certainly do that KMW chassis justice. He's done some wild and unique paint jobs for me that have turned out fantastic.

Reactions: Slowroll
If Terry Cross is busy and can't accommodate (I'm sure he'll be pretty busy just trying to fill orders, rather then doing 1 off custom jobs), consider sending the chassis off to Branden at Custom Gun Coatings.

He does excellent work, will certainly do that KMW chassis justice. He's done some wild and unique paint jobs for me that have turned out fantastic.
Yeah but his lead times are forever right now

Final question for the day. Any possible hope of every getting a Cheytac sized version in the future?
I would love to.
The thought of that makes me moist.
However.....

There would be major changes needed to scale things up and I would also pretty much need to cater to one action brand/style/model as well as choose one standard magazine supplier that would work with said action.

..... may or may not need to modify existing or make new fixtures....

The market for such a creature would be pretty small and definitely out of my normal lane.

SO... yes I would love to but all the stars would have to align. Zero chance within the next 24 months because the other iterations have to come first.

Thanks for asking.

T.

Reactions: lash and Geno C.
Hahahahaaa.
Depends on your version of "non tradition". If you mean Rainbows and glitter, they will be ready by the 12th of never.

If you are referring to other solid colors besides the Black/OD/FDE basics like Blue, Red, etc. then it will very much depend on how much we can keep up with the demand for the 3 basic offerings.

I will likely offer a few brighter colors and some customer splashes on the Competition model when it debuts late next year.

Let me know if I am even close to what you were asking....

Thanks,
T.
What are you using? Cerakote?