• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zealot Rifle Chassis by KMW

Even though I hate it (the AT-X I mean), I think part of the reason you hear about that noticeably different recoil impulse has to do with the design of the buttstock & how it transfers that energy low on your shoulder (along with the low bore axis obviously).
I should clarify that I'm not trying to compare the two on any other metric. Clearly they were designed with different applications. The ESS however is just unrefined (needs a Gen 2 desperately).

Not trying to start a x vs y debate but just trying to wrap my tiny brain around what this zealot actually is/isn't.

I get that, wasn't trying to accuse you otherwise... Just stating that I think the buttstock on the AT-X plays a roll in the overall effect.

I should clarify that I'm not trying to compare the two on any other metric. Clearly they were designed with different applications. The ESS however is just unrefined (needs a Gen 2 desperately).

Not trying to start a x vs y debate but just trying to wrap my tiny brain around what this zealot actually is/isn't.
Wow, shots fired! 😟

- Josh

Not going for feelings just trying to encourage innovation. You've gotta admit that this zealot chassis is bringing some fresh thinking into a tactical chassis.
I know, just needed to poke a little fun on Mr. Cross' thread ;)

I believe the KMW Zealot is an excellent design and I love seeing the development! Some of the buttstock features makes me wish I had come up with them first, but they are driven by a lot of experience working alongside MIL/LEO professionals, so kudos again to Mr. Cross! Thanks for making me have to work hard haha!

- Josh

Yes sir.
LH and Long Action coming as soon as we are flying fast with this iteration.

./
Will the LA handle Lapua sized cartridges and mags? It appears that it may, but will this also work with a WTO switch lug or similar design?

Love the balance of precision and work features of this chassis

Will the LA handle Lapua sized cartridges and mags? It appears that it may, but will this also work with a WTO switch lug or similar design?
Absolutely.
The LA version will have a convertible magwell that can be user configured to handle SAAMI or CIP length AICS pattern magazines.

I cannot advise whether the Zealot will clear or allow access to the WTO Switch Lug or other variants. Sorry, I just have not had a sample on hand to capture dims or test fit.

Thank you for the nice comments.

Be safe.
Terry

./

Absolutely.
The LA version will have a convertible magwell that can be user configured to handle SAAMI or CIP length AICS pattern magazines.

I cannot advise whether the Zealot will clear or allow access to the WTO Switch Lug or other variants. Sorry, I just have not had a sample on hand to capture dims or test fit.

Thank you for the nice comments.

Be safe.
Terry

./

Configurable for Sam or Chip length mags- that's the dog's bark right there!

Reactions: lash and rlsmith1
Configurable for Sam or Chip length mags- that's the dog's bark right there!

It's a feature that I'm surprised more chassis's don't have.

The only other one I'm aware of that has this feature is the JAE, which I love.

Very well thought out by Terry. The more I hear, the more impressed I am with this design.

Reactions: lash and Milf Dots
It's a feature that I'm surprised more chassis's don't have.

The only other one I'm aware of that has this feature is the JAE, which I love.

Very well thought out by Terry. The more I hear, the more impressed I am with this design.

Exactly.
There's one other supposedly in development, but right now it's vaporware.

ETA: Just to clarify, the one I alluded to isn't related to Terry/KMW.

Last edited:
Absolutely.

FINALLY!!!

Looking forward to barrel change compatibility too

Exactly.
There's one other supposedly in development, but right now it's vaporware.
This design works.
It (the configuration and design feature) has already been running hard for the last 2 years inside the Gen II LongSword rifles and the Mk2 Long Action DBM hardware. Very good track record so far.

Bringing it into the Zealot is seamless.

./

Reactions: Milf Dots and lash
Nothing on their IG/FB/site yet.
I think Terry mentioned news on the chassis release would come up on the KWMLRS site first more than likely.

Been looking out for the Zealot and JAE gen4 daily

I searched the thread and did not see it mentioned.

Is the handguard rail a 0 MOA or 20 MOA? Many 700 footprint actions only come with the 20 MOA rail

I agree, was wondering if there would be an ability to do either. I know the MRAD has a full length canted rail as well
It’s also monolithic. It’s next to impossible to have a canted handguard line up correctly with the action rail in a two piece system

Reactions: gnochi
It’s heights also, not just angles. Not all action rails are the same height
You can change that with rings.

Having day optic and clip on optics on different angles is not ideal. Yes the high end ones can compensate for it somewhat but you’re adding tolerance stacking where there isn’t a need.

T Cross has all the experience in the world , I’m sure he has a reason for it or will have a canted accessory rail. He doesn’t miss anything

Last edited:
Are the short action version of the Zealot available? I checked out the website but it had no information.

Not yet, but I think there are a bunch of us waiting to pounce on them once they are. I've got a Terminus action, Bartlein blank, and a TT Diamond on standby.

Is the zealot chassis going to be offered to buy separately ?
The Zealot chassis will definitely be offered separately as a "stand-alone".

I will not offer a date for that availability because everything has already been more than a little challenging.
7075 billet and other material is just now starting to stabilize as far as pricing and availability so I hope to have official pricing announced shortly.

Thank you for asking.

Nice to see the Zealot Rifle now on the web site!
I have to admit that the Zealot rifle webpage is a bit "thrown together" but will be cleaned up soon.

I am competing for a couple of large (large for me) rifle projects for Fed agency programs and they wanted a "product webpage" included in the info submitted. So....... Presto, Shazam,. . . . a webpage magically appeared.

Terry,
Is this chassis available for purchase as a standalone or only as a complete rifle?

Will the complete rifle be avaliable for civilians? Are you planning on releasing a long action complete rifle?
Most Certainly.
and
Most Certainly.

That was and will always be my policy and intent.
I just have to meet certain customer obligations and deliveries first.

As with most products, those purchasing these sometime after the initial production will benefit from any slight tweaks and refinements that further evolve the design past what my simple brain could manage.

Most Certainly.
and
Most Certainly.

That was and will always be my policy and intent.
I just have to meet certain customer obligations and deliveries first.

As with most products, those purchasing these sometime after the initial production will benefit from any slight tweaks and refinements that further evolve the design past what my simple brain could manage.

Any caliber options set in stone yet?

The entire thread was about it being available as a chassis, only the last 6 posts about the rifle. 🤣
I understand that and thought that was the case but with the website only showing it as part of a complete rifle I thought I was missing something. But I now see why the website is that way. I guess I was just a little slow on the uptake.

Reactions: canezach and lash
Any caliber options set in stone yet?
If you are asking about the Long Action calibers, Definitely.

I will be chambering the same magnum calibers that I have already been building the LongSwords on.
Complete caliber options listed at bottom of this image.

LongSword 36 inch retractable banner JPG.jpg

I'll wait patiently and quietly for the LH version in 6.5 prc or a flavor of 7mm mag to be available.

If you are asking about the Long Action calibers, Definitely.

I will be chambering the same magnum calibers that I have already been building the LongSwords on.
Complete caliber options listed at bottom of this image.

View attachment 7888951
I’m saving for the LA so that I can get one in .300 Norma Mag. Because I’m a poor, but want to own and shoot one fine premium rifle before I cannot.

Reactions: rlsmith1
I’m saving for the LA so that I can get one in .300 Norma Mag. Because I’m a poor, but want to own and shoot one fine premium rifle before I cannot.
Same... either piecing it together or just buying the rifle. But 300 norma is just the right amount of swav.

Reactions: lash
Just letting you know that the Zealot project is alive and well.
It has been very slow and frustrating finalizing some final component supply issues.

The first supplies of components are being dedicated to satisfy existing purchase orders from early adopters of complete rifles.

To say I am dumbfounded and humbled by the number of advance rifle orders considering they could not even have one in hand to test prior to committing would be an understatement.

Some of the first Zealots that are operational in the wild.
LPD Edit plus resize 150%.jpg

Photo credit to a shift at 2AM somewhere in the U.S.

Very, very fortunate that all are running well and feedback is very positive so far.

My goal is to have current commitments for complete rifle systems met by last quarter and hope to have first stand-alone chassis available on a limited basis by Nov/Dec. Caveat is that just like the last 18 months, everything can be unpredictable still.

Pricing and available preferred billet size of 7075-T6 remains crazy and variable.
Hopefully things will be stable enough to finally roll out a dedicated webpage and pricing for the Zealot-LE. by October.

I appreciate everybody's interest.

Be safe.
T.

./

Last edited: