• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zeiss LRP S3 New First Focal Plane Riflescopes for Long-Range Precision Shooting

Its not strictly about % of max mag. Some optical designs are great at max and poor at Min. Other are the reverse. etc.

Question for folks using the 4-25 model. Does the image appear to be squished from top to bottom? I T&Eed one and was not happy with the appearance or view through the scope as it seemed like the image was more of an oval than a circle if that makes sense. Hard to articulate in text. Maybe I got a bad scope. I really liked the reticle, glass, turrets and everything else on the scope. It seemed well built but the image through the scope appeared squished from top to bottom.

Question for folks using the 4-25 model. Does the image appear to be squished from top to bottom? I T&Eed one and was not happy with the appearance or view through the scope as it seemed like the image was more of an oval than a circle if that makes sense. Hard to articulate in text. Maybe I got a bad scope. I really liked the reticle, glass, turrets and everything else on the scope. It seemed well built but the image through the scope appeared squished from top to bottom.

Not like that in mine. Nice round image. Did you have it zeroed or just looking through it how it was shipped?

We mounted it and shot it. Had three different folks look through it and all said the same thing. The scope overall was good but the image was awkward. I really can’t compare it to anything else. I have been behind a lot of scopes and this was definitely different.

We mounted it and shot it. Had three different folks look through it and all said the same thing. The scope overall was good but the image was awkward. I really can’t compare it to anything else. I have been behind a lot of scopes and this was definitely different.

Doesn't sound right at all. Only reason I asked if you mounted it was if it was a T&E scope that maybe it was somewhere else and the people wanted to run it up the high amount of elevation and could have left it jammed up in the top or bottom. That is definitely not the norm though.

Reactions: Chasing3
No issues with the "shape" of the image in my 425.

Spartan Precision has the Zeiss lens caps for the S3 in stock and available for order.

HehdTMarTbuknPL0HvKQ

EsAxf9okS6Ku20Eb83bj

Zeiss Flip-Up Objective Lens Cover for S3 (50mm)
Zeiss Flip-Up Objective Lens Cover for S3 (56mm)
Zeiss Flip-Up Ocular Lens Cover for S3

Spartan precision is where I ordered my s3 from. Fantastic price and service. Highly recommend. I’ll have to order these caps. I currently have some cheap Amazon caps on it

I have caps for both my scopes on order now. Can’t wait to get them in and replace the ones I have on there now as place fillers.

Reactions: YotaEer
Also ordered an obj cap from Spartan just now but I passed on the ocular cover, I have a cheap Burris cover on it now that works and I like to have info inside the cap. They battery tray on the new cap doesn’t allow for that.

Who’s got the best deals on these guys? How low does parallax dial? Thinking about a 6-36 for rimfire.

Dam, they're both made in Japan? No thank you. I KNEW it was too good to be true :( There was no way I was going to be able to get an MOA scope with illuminated christmas tree reticle, over 30 max mag and german made for 2100 dollars. Dam, almost pulled the trigger too. Even though the Japanese make absolutely solid stuff a Japanese scope is not German.

Dam, they're both made in Japan? No thank you. I KNEW it was too good to be true :( There was no way I was going to be able to get an MOA scope with illuminated christmas tree reticle, over 30 max mag and german made for 2100 dollars. Dam, almost pulled the trigger too. Even though the Japanese make absolutely solid stuff a Japanese scope is not German.
gotta pony up to an S5

Spartan is out of the 56mm Objective cover. Ordered covers off eBay but you have to have the sku to find them.
Just ordered the 56mm Sunshade from Euro-Optic, Spartan canceled my order due to OOS, Euro-Optic was only place that had one, I hope.
German, Japanese Zeiss, who cares, this is one nice scope!!!
It’s on my Ruger Rimfire Precision!

Mine should be getting delivered tomorrow after being backordered. Looking forward to putting them on.

I have the S5 now an I really enjoy it . Can you guys with the S3 see a huge difference optically between the German and Japanese glass. Also do you think mechanically both scopes are built the same . I’d really like to save the money if I could .
Thanks
Brent

Got my caps in from Zeiss. Very nicely made and a plus is that each cap comes with a Torx and it's the same as the one used for the knobs so you have extras. Looking at the caps I will probably leave the Torx in the objective caps but not the ocular as I know I would hit my bolt hand on it. My luck. LOL

IMG_E3422.JPG
IMG_3423.JPG

Rob, any idea if these caps will be included with S3 scopes?

Rob, any idea if these caps will be included with S3 scopes?
No they are a separate purchase but a worthwhile one when compared to others. They go on easily enough and when tightened down they don't move. You won't worry about these popping off like some others do.

Reactions: Milf Dots
Just ordered for the 4-25 ...Thanks!

A 6-36 S3 will be next to purchase from you.....sometime soon.

Reactions: Rob01
Not sure if something wrong with me but I cannot figure out how to set the zero stop on the s3 so that I can go a few 10ths of a mil below zero. Anyone smarter than me able to provide some direction or is it just not possible on this model?

Not sure if something wrong with me but I cannot figure out how to set the zero stop on the s3 so that I can go a few 10ths of a mil below zero. Anyone smarter than me able to provide some direction or is it just not possible on this model?

Well first shoot and get your zero on the main knob. With that done now dial however much you want under the zero so I dialed .5 under. Then take the knob off leaving that .5 or whatever on the knob and set the inner zero stop ring to a hard stop. Then put the outer knob back on remembering to set it to the .5 mils under zero when tightening the screws. Then dial it back to 0 and you are done.

I have the S5 now an I really enjoy it . Can you guys with the S3 see a huge difference optically between the German and Japanese glass. Also do you think mechanically both scopes are built the same . I’d really like to save the money if I could .
Thanks
Brent
in all honesty, I could not tell a difference. I only spent a few hours with both but,, once I realized that If I had no idea which scope was which (blind test) I wouldnt be able to tell a difference. Both have outstanding glass with amazing image clarity.

Got my LRP S3 6-36x56 in today, and got it mounted in some ARC rings, and sighted based off my old scope's zero. Should be damn-close, but I'll confirm this weekend at the range. 👍🏼

I decided to pull the Arken EP5 off my 5R Milspec .260 Rem, and put the new LRP S3 on it. Nothing wrong with the Arken, I just wanted to put the new S3 on a range rifle that I shoot a lot, so I can put plenty of time behind the glass out in the environments and conditions to give some solid feedback.

IMG_8238.jpegIMG_8239.jpegIMG_8240.jpegIMG_8241.jpegIMG_8243.jpeg

IMG_8249.jpegIMG_8250.jpegIMG_8251.jpeg

Also forgot to mention, that with a 20MOA base, and using my old scope’s 100 yard zero, the LRP S3 still has a full 25 MILS of elevation travel. That’s enough to dial (with that rifle and load) to 1,725 yards…Almost 1 mile, NOT including using any of the reticle. 😏👍🏼

Reactions: rpg777 and Rob01
Well my scope 636 sunshade from EuroOptics and Scope Covers from Amazon have arrived.
The ocular and objective had to be found on Amazon using the sku rather than a simple search.
The scope covers came in two separate boxes mailed to my PO Box. One of the covers came in this absurdly long box!
I really am quite disappointed in Zeiss not including these with the scope itself.
I cannot find the throw lever to order as one was not included with my scope.
Talking on the phone to a fellow at Zeiss found that he also did not get a throw lever with his scope and no advice on how to obtain one!!!

Attachments

• IMG_5761.jpeg
    IMG_5761.jpeg
    322.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_5762.jpeg
    IMG_5762.jpeg
    370.7 KB · Views: 33
Well my scope 636 sunshade from EuroOptics and Scope Covers from Amazon have arrived.
The ocular and objective had to be found on Amazon using the sku rather than a simple search.
The scope covers came in two separate boxes mailed to my PO Box. One of the covers came in this absurdly long box!
I really am quite disappointed in Zeiss not including these with the scope itself.
I cannot find the throw lever to order as one was not included with my scope.
Talking on the phone to a fellow at Zeiss found that he also did not get a throw lever with his scope and no advice on how to obtain one!!!

Are you sure the throw lever isn't stuck in the foam in the box? Pretty sure mine were stuck in a hole in the foam.

Are you sure the throw lever isn't stuck in the foam in the box? Pretty sure mine were stuck in a hole in the foam.
Same here. Mine was in the foam, as well. Right next to the small Allen wrench.

If you look at the open-box (2nd) photo I posted above, that shiny dot in the foam, in the lower right corner, is the throw lever. Also, one cool feature, is that it has 3 positions you can mount it in, at 3 different angles. Since I have a 700 that has a 90° bolt-throw, I had to use the highest of the 3 spots, and it clears perfectly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ichi
I’ve been going back and forth between the 4-25 and 6-36 for my vudoo build and can’t decide lol. The money difference is not a deciding factor but field of view etc. It will be used for nrl22 and prs22 so I’d say max 350 yards.

BINGO!!!!
Even with Cataract Surgery, my eyes just did not pick that out.
I usually don’t use scope objective or ocular covers but the design intrigued me.
I have to say it’s the best design I have ever used.
I am happy except for having to pay extra for the shade and covers.
Thanks to all!!!-Richard

Glad you found it. I was going to say that it's not the easiest to see but it's in there.

Yes it would be nice if they included a sunshade and scope caps but just is one of those is what it is situations. I don't have a problem buying them after as have been doing it for years with scopes. Most never came with caps. Kind of a newer thing.

Got my LRP S3 6-36x56 in today, and got it mounted in some ARC rings, and sighted based off my old scope's zero. Should be damn-close, but I'll confirm this weekend at the range. 👍🏼

I decided to pull the Arken EP5 off my 5R Milspec .260 Rem, and put the new LRP S3 on it. Nothing wrong with the Arken, I just wanted to put the new S3 on a range rifle that I shoot a lot, so I can put plenty of time behind the glass out in the environments and conditions to give some solid feedback.

View attachment 8139687View attachment 8139688View attachment 8139689View attachment 8139690View attachment 8139691

View attachment 8139692View attachment 8139693View attachment 8139694
How many mils of elevation does the 6-36 actually have? I seen the 4-25 had more than claimed.

How many mils of elevation does the 6-36 actually have? I seen the 4-25 had more than claimed.

The 4-25 doesn’t have more than claimed. Its listed elevation is for the area that it will give the perfect view with no shadowing or image issues when topping or bottoming out. The 46.5 mils is that number. If you can get more without issue then great but they listed it as that for a reason so not to get people all excited by over promising and then they weren’t happy with that they got.

And mine on a 40 moa base has about 26.5 mils from my zero at 50 on my .22.

The 4-25 doesn’t have more than claimed. Its listed elevation is for the area that it will give the perfect view with no shadowing or image issues when topping or bottoming out. The 46.5 mils is that number. If you can get more without issue then great but they listed it as that for a reason so not to get people all excited by over promising and then they weren’t happy with that they got.
Thanks

I’m going to buy an AI ELR or tremor and they have 40-45 moa bases and was considering putting a S3 on it but not sure which model

I’m going to buy an AI ELR or tremor and they have 40-45 moa bases and was considering putting a S3 on it but not sure which model

For that amount of cant in the base either will work. It all depends on how much elevation you will need in the end and how much magnification you want. Figure out those two things and you will know which to get.

Reactions: drcrk0525
My 2nd LRP S3 5-25 is back at Zeiss. This time the green Illumination is gone and the red doesn't change brightness. At least it's clear and the parallax worked, unlike the first one.

Anyone else with issues that need repair?

My 2nd LRP S3 5-25 is back at Zeiss. This time the green Illumination is gone and the red doesn't change brightness. At least it's clear and the parallax worked, unlike the first one.

Anyone else with issues that need repair?
I don’t think I’ve even put a battery in mine yet. I think I forgot to. I know I haven’t tested illumination yet, as I rarely ever use it.