• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zero Compromise Optic 2022 and beyond Poll

What would you like from ZCO in the Future?

• Lighter weight hunting option

Votes: 177 55.7%
  • Higher magnification option

Votes: 78 24.5%
  • LPVO 1-6/1-8/1-10 etc...

Votes: 90 28.3%
  • More reticles

Votes: 52 16.4%
  • Hats, shirts and more swag

Votes: 11 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do suggestions need to stay around the current zoom ratio?

Thought I recall previous optic discussions mentioning zoom ratio as an integral part of any scopes design. (How easy is this to change, especially without altering the characteristics of the optic? I honestly have no idea.)

I would love to see a min power of 2.5x or 3x. Decreases from 4x make a huge difference in versatility for hunting and clip-ons.

If zoom ratio remains same as current (~5): I’d echo the previous suggestions of a lighter 3-15x.

If zoom ratio increases to 6 or 7: drop lowest power to 2.5x.

If zoom ratio is 8 or higher: drop lowest power to 2x.

Keep current lockable turrets and illum system.

I’d be all over a ZCO like this.

Last edited:
I'm not saying it can't be done, but what compromises are taken to get the weight down that low?
From the good discussion here, relative to heavier scopes it sounds like parallax/side focus and illumination are eliminated. But, I rarely use the latter and never needed the former in any hunting distance And wouldn’t really be a compromise for me.

Illumination adds 1.5-2.5 oz depending on the scope it seems. Going to a 30mm maintube would save a bit more. For something with 10x top end magnification, I’d like to have a parallax adjustment and am willing to pay the weight penalty for it.

From the good discussion here, relative to heavier scopes it sounds like parallax/side focus and illumination are eliminated. But, I rarely use the latter and never needed the former in any hunting distance And wouldn’t really be a compromise for me.

I highly doubt they would make an optic like that, their main focus is premium feature rich optics :)

Light hunter 3-18 or 2-16, simple reticle that illuminates only the center portion, 30 mm main tube, NLE turret option. Hell the 4-20 is already about perfect IMO just put it on a diet…

Light hunter 3-18 or 2-16, simple reticle that illuminates only the center portion, 30 mm main tube, NLE turret option. Hell the 4-20 is already about perfect IMO just put it on a diet…

giphy-downsized-large.gif

::scrolls ZCO’s product page and sees a bunch of stuff that wasn’t there before::

8-40x …damnnnnnnn who voted for higher magnification?

• Wow
Reactions: CSTactical
Right now, the Target one reticle is a European option only.
Well dang. I really like it. I’d like the center portion of that reticle in the MPCT3/X. I also want a floating dot at each Mil mark on the Vertical and horizontal.

Last edited:
I'm expecting another 60 PM's to get in line...

I'm sure there are many people stuck in traffic on the way home from work....clueless to what just happened....and should be sending you a PM in the next hour or so....frantic to get 'On The List'.

BTW Richard...I just called Chick-Fil-A and let them know that I won't be able to eat chicken at their fine establishment for oh...the next 3 months :)

30mm tube, 42mm obj ffp hunting scope, with a reticle I can use for hunting and holding. I don’t need a 10 mil wind hold I want nice thick bars for the low end. Capped windage, low profile knobs.

Absolutely don’t compromise reliability for a couple ounces.

To be fair, “lighter weight hunting option” captured votes for those looking for the 2-3x minimum power as well.

A lighter 4-20 would not interest me for hunting East of the Mississippi, or clip-on use anywhere.

If ZCO could make a lighter 4-20, without compromising anything from the current 4-20, why would they build both models?

Reactions: jh2785
I expect another 150 or so PM's to get in line if it happens...
Just remember, I’m #1. I already called dibs.

To be fair, “lighter weight hunting option” captured votes for those looking for the 2-3x minimum power as well.

A lighter 4-20 would not interest me for hunting East of the Mississippi, or clip-on use anywhere.

If ZCO could make a lighter 4-20, without compromising anything from the current 4-20, why would they build both models?
Same reason Tangent Theta has 3 versions of their 3-15 model.

With the news today of the 8-40.... I think people need to go back in time and re-listen to the podcast of @lowlight interviewing @[email protected] and pay attention to the finer points they are bringing up about zoom range and such. This podcast really is worth a second listen in regards to todays news.

Let's hear some pricing for the 8-40. 6k? Or less?

I think a nx8 2.5-20 or even 16-18 on the top end with zero compromise on quality would be worth a look.

I personally don't shoot matchs much, if ever anymore so primarily I want a hunting scope that has all the functionality of a match scope at a lighter weight. I want something I can carry up a mountain but still get by at a PRS style match.

I think a nx8 2.5-20 or even 16-18 on the top end with zero compromise on quality would be worth a look.

I personally don't shoot matchs much, if ever anymore so primarily I want a hunting scope that has all the functionality of a match scope at a lighter weight. I want something I can carry up a mountain but still get by at a PRS style match.

And I want something I can hit something on the mountain...from another mountain.

Reactions: mi223
With the news today of the 8-40.... I think people need to go back in time and re-listen to the podcast of @lowlight interviewing @[email protected] and pay attention to the finer points they are bringing up about zoom range and such. This podcast really is worth a second listen in regards to todays news.

I was just thinking Frank was giving some hints to this last year. With the baseball bat length of the scope it should offer incredible DOF and parallax forgiveness with an enormous eyebox.

Just remember, I’m #1. I already called dibs.

Same reason Tangent Theta has 3 versions of their 3-15 model.
Sure, a tactical (lots of elevation) model, and a hunting/marksman (less elevation) model that saves weight. However, to my point, a 3x scope is MUCH better for hunting than a 4x.

Anyways, IMHO, if ZCO is looking at a lighter hunting model, I would hope they're not even considering making it a 4-20.

Reactions: CAMO-TOE and Bevan
Our hunting experiences differ.
I'd really want side parallax adjustment and fine illumination for this Hunter/lite tactical model of scope.

Reactions: goatboy
I'm setting some $ aside for a MPVO crossover type. I hope it's a ZCO, but if they take longer than another year to do it, it will be hard to not spend it on another option.

• Love
Reactions: CSTactical
So....I was going to buy a 4-20 with MPCT2 little brother for my 5-27 to go on an NRL/ Hunting build but should I hold off a month or two months or 6 months?

I’m too late for the poll but I’d have asked for a light weight hunting scope like the poll majority. As a hunter I’d ask that in addition to being light weight, if you all could take length into account as well. Having a long scope and then adding a clip on thermal can get unwieldily for those of us who aren’t tripod jockeys.