• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zero Compromise ZC840 8-40x56 starting to ship to CS Tactical!

I don't see a Red one on the table ;)

Your CFA ZCO is coming...
R.51c7f9e70d9cd87b34124f0a93aef687

CFA ZCO.jpg

Spent some time shooting some paper today. Got my buddies 8-40 ZCO mounted up, zeroed and shot some groups. The great thing about the 840 is...you don't have to get up and go check out those groups...they are HUGE at 40 power...heh. So, saved some calories of not walking down. This one is mounted on his 300PRC. Ole' Red should be here for me in a few days.

willyzco840.jpg

Spent some time shooting some paper today. Got my buddies 8-40 ZCO mounted up, zeroed and shot some groups. The great thing about the 840 is...you don't have to get up and go check out those groups...they are HUGE at 40 power...heh. So, saved some calories of not walking down. This one is mounted on his 300PRC. Ole' Red should be here for me in a few days.

View attachment 7876592

We are getting fantastic reports on the handful of ZC840's that have made its way to customers :)

View attachment 7876592
Great pic....uh, what is that shiny metal looking thing sticking out sideways under the scope?

Looks like a ZCO branded leveling wedge. Assuming it comes with the ZCO mount.
Ah....got it. I looked for ZCO accessories but didn't see it so I was wondering.

And there it is:

"This scope mount includes a folding bubble level which can be mounted on the left or right side, a special bushing for mounting a mirage band over the barrel, a leveling wedge for the rifle scope, and all required Torx bit inserts.

I have the Ariska generic version...operates much like the Spuhr wedge but since there would be no slot for it like on the Spuhr, it has a bit of a piece that you put over the rail and insert the wedge into its slot. Gets pretty damn close but not close enough for my OCD and I always end up fine tuning it with a plumb line.

Cheers and thanks .

Reactions: Lonely Raven
@CSTactical After looking at my friends ZCO once piece mount....I really like that thing. Most on here have no need for it...but the little post for a mirage strip....that could really come in handy for my 1 mile benchrest sessions. I may have to call you soon and pick one of those things up. The mounts are pretty sweet.

The question everyone wants to know...and hopefully I'll answer it either this Saturday or next.....can you easily see your hits on a piece of steel at 1 mile....with a 6 Dasher?.....Stay tuned.....

Reactions: rydah
@CSTactical After looking at my friends ZCO once piece mount....I really like that thing. Most on here have no need for it...but the little post for a mirage strip....that could really come in handy for my 1 mile benchrest sessions. I may have to call you soon and pick one of those things up. The mounts are pretty sweet.

The question everyone wants to know...and hopefully I'll answer it either this Saturday or next.....can you easily see your hits on a piece of steel at 1 mile....with a 6 Dasher?.....Stay tuned.....

b8M8MsA.gif

I can clearly see 6BRA impacts at 1277, which is as far out as I can shoot. I can also make out the 22 Dasher that someone was shooting that day as well.

People asked me why I sold my Henny spotter, easy, replaced it with a ZCO weapon mounted spotter 🤣

Shot a match yesterday with the new 8-40. Normally it wouldn't be a good place to really test the ZCO because it was a perfectly sunny day. In fact I got sunburned pretty bad. However, the format of this match is a sniper style match where the targets are set back into the shadows. Hidden in the trees. Very hard to see. For someone that has never shot this particular course of fire it was tough to get a reference point and then go to scope and find the target.

So, I generally use 10x binos. The 8x of the 8-40 was plenty low enough to get on targets at 350 to 600 with plenty of Field of View. The ability to make out detail on the steel targets while shadowed inside of dense foliage, the ability to see previous impacts, the sharp edges of the steel. The glass of the 8-40, the MPCT3 reticle being open enough and blends into the background really well, FOV, the forgiving eyebox, the forgiving parrallax...it made for a very pleasant experience.

The scope got a lot of finger banging from everyone....most people had the same reaction, "Holy crap....damn...that's nice". The MPCT3 reticle got a lot of positive comments. There were 3 new Razor Gen3s there and I played with them a bit. Glass is really good on them, the tactile clicks of the turrets are really nice....but no matter what the Internet says, these scopes are definitely not in the same tier. You have to make the decision yourself if this scope is worth almost 2 Gen3's, but to me, if you have the means....you really want this scope.

Everything on the scope was great...the turrets are great on clicks...eventhough I can care less about how they click as long as there is no backlash or mush. To me the low height and grip of the turret caps are much more important than how the clicks vibrate in my hand, or how they sound. As long as the scope tracks perfect, I don't really care. To me, the most important part is the reticle. The MPCT3 reticle is getting close to exactly what I want. In this scope, with my eyes, the reticle works well across all mag ranges.

There is no buyers remorse and there won't be any buyers bias in review from me. Love the scope, next weekend I get to stretch it out to 1 mile paper. This weekend I never shot over 12 power. I was generally between 8 and 10. For 1 mile paper I'll get to finally dial up to 40x and give some feedback on how it handles mirage at those magnifications.

• Love
Reactions: CSTactical and BCX
Shot a match yesterday with the new 8-40. Normally it wouldn't be a good place to really test the ZCO because it was a perfectly sunny day. In fact I got sunburned pretty bad. However, the format of this match is a sniper style match where the targets are set back into the shadows. Hidden in the trees. Very hard to see. For someone that has never shot this particular course of fire it was tough to get a reference point and then go to scope and find the target.

So, I generally use 10x binos. The 8x of the 8-40 was plenty low enough to get on targets at 350 to 600 with plenty of Field of View. The ability to make out detail on the steel targets while shadowed inside of dense foliage, the ability to see previous impacts, the sharp edges of the steel. The glass of the 8-40, the MPCT3 reticle being open enough and blends into the background really well, FOV, the forgiving eyebox, the forgiving parrallax...it made for a very pleasant experience.

The scope got a lot of finger banging from everyone....most people had the same reaction, "Holy crap....damn...that's nice". The MPCT3 reticle got a lot of positive comments. There were 3 new Razor Gen3s there and I played with them a bit. Glass is really good on them, the tactile clicks of the turrets are really nice....but no matter what the Internet says, these scopes are definitely not in the same tier. You have to make the decision yourself if this scope is worth almost 2 Gen3's, but to me, if you have the means....you really want this scope.

Everything on the scope was great...the turrets are great on clicks...eventhough I can care less about how they click as long as there is no backlash or mush. To me the low height and grip of the turret caps are much more important than how the clicks vibrate in my hand, or how they sound. As long as the scope tracks perfect, I don't really care. To me, the most important part is the reticle. The MPCT3 reticle is getting close to exactly what I want. In this scope, with my eyes, the reticle works well across all mag ranges.

There is no buyers remorse and there won't be any buyers bias in review from me. Love the scope, next weekend I get to stretch it out to 1 mile paper. This weekend I never shot over 12 power. I was generally between 8 and 10. For 1 mile paper I'll get to finally dial up to 40x and give some feedback on how it handles mirage at those magnifications.
I tested mine in a similar fashion, but a PRS match. I have already bugged Richard to get an ETA for another. I can say in light-medium rain making out a shot up target at 1133yds was easy, what was even nicer was seeing my first round miss .6 off the right side. I shoot the 5-27s on all my match rifles as does my wife. I have a decent amount of rounds behind one +/- 6k rounds or more. I can say at far targets the 8-40 shines as, to me. the brightness of the image is not effected near 25 power like the 5-27. That being said I shoot above 15x about once every other 2 day match so it isn't a make it or break it type thing, but it is nice to know how bright it is at further distances. I did mess around at the house and at 80 yds I can see the wing structure of a fly at 40 yds...:ROFLMAO:

I tested mine in a similar fashion, but a PRS match. I have already bugged Richard to get an ETA for another. I can say in light-medium rain making out a shot up target at 1133yds was easy, what was even nicer was seeing my first round miss .6 off the right side. I shoot the 5-27s on all my match rifles as does my wife. I have a decent amount of rounds behind one +/- 6k rounds or more. I can say at far targets the 8-40 shines as, to me. the brightness of the image is not effected near 25 power like the 5-27. That being said I shoot above 15x about once every other 2 day match so it isn't a make it or break it type thing, but it is nice to know how bright it is at further distances. I did mess around at the house and at 80 yds I can see the wing structure of a fly at 40 yds...:ROFLMAO:
Running the 5-27 and the 8-40 both at x15 power do you see much difference? Does one have a better eyebox, depth of field, fov etc? Or is the benefit of the 8-40 the fact it just doubles as a spotting scope?

Is b2lee a sponsored Chick-Fil-A shooter? :unsure:

In a previous post I said I had the MPCT3 reticle....I have the newer MPCT3x without the fatal funnel...aka the Uterus. My 5-27 has this...but the new scope has the 3x and I prefer it if I don't have to do manual ranging calcs....which I almost never do anyway.

Saturday I'll do some 1 mile paper work and we'll then see how well it fights mirage at 40x at both 1k yards and 1 mile with a hot sun and plenty of dry dirt around the base of the target. I'll be looking for clarity of the 3" center X ring and then see how much it dances in the mirage.

Reactions: CSTactical and BCX
Where are the pics of your new red scope mounted on your rifle, b2lee?
Would be interested in seeing them!

This past weekend I put the ZCO on an old 308 and shot.....this coming weekend I'll have the ZCO on a Dasher....I'll probably take some pics then...but the chassis isn't cerakoted yet....I can't remember if I took some pics of the ZCO on the 308 or not this past weekend...I'm sure someone did.

I'll have to check to see if anyone has some. I just hope I can actually shoot well this weekend.

Reactions: Sagittarius
Where are the pics of your new red scope mounted on your rifle, b2lee?
Would be interested in seeing them!

I don't have the cerakoted chassis yet...and I had some issues with my black Spuhr mount....and I had a radial brake that was bench rest legal that is too small...so I'll throw a sidewinder on there. I have a LONG way to go graphically...but I'm laying in the floor dry firing the new 6 Dasher build. I'll run a cleaning rod with alcohol patches through it in a bit.

Tomorrow I'll go send the first rounds down range with this 6 Dasher build. I need to fireform the Lapua 6BR Norma brass. It has to push the shoulder 83.5 thou out. I'll shoot a match Saturday and hopefully fireform another 100 rounds then.

Remember...it's a work in process:

6dasherandscope.jpg

Barrel: Bartlein 28" 1:7.5 MODBB M24
Action: Defiance Deviant Tactical
Chamber: 6 Dasher by Bugholes
Trigger: TT Diamond
Chassis: MDT ACC
Rings: Spuhr
Scope: ZCO 8-40 MPCT3X
Adjustable Bag Rider
Bipod: Atlas CAL with RRS ARCA mount and Hawk Hill spike feet.
Bag: Custom Protektor with low ears so I can adjust the thumb wheel of the ABR

It should shoot...bugholes...heh

Last edited:
I don't have the cerakoted chassis yet...and I had some issues with my black Spuhr mount....and I had a radial brake that was bench rest legal that is too small...so I'll throw a sidewinder on there. I have a LONG way to go graphically...but I'm laying in the floor dry firing the new 6 Dasher build. I'll run a cleaning rod with alcohol patches through it in a bit.

Tomorrow I'll go send the first rounds down range with this 6 Dasher build. I need to fireform the Lapua 6BR Norma brass. It has to push the shoulder 83.5 thou out. I'll shoot a match Saturday and hopefully fireform another 100 rounds then.

View attachment 7882383

Barrel: Bartlein 28" 1:9 MODBB M24
Adjustable Bag Rider

5awkphafl-d59dee1e-54eb-486f-ad04-eb531186e6b8-gif-ei7to8.gif

View attachment 7882383

Barrel: Bartlein 28" 1:9 MODBB M24
Adjustable Bag Rider

1:9 for a 6 mm?

11/17/22: One available ZC840 MPCT1 in stock!!!

@Squibbler 's ZC840 through the scope pictures:

"ZCO 840 MPCT3X, Grain bin at 1200 yards. Low mag pics were at dusk. Higher mag pics were on overcast day."

IMG_20220528_101523840_2.jpg

IMG_20220528_101243888_2.jpg

IMG_20220528_101723236_2.jpg

IMG_20220528_101956564_2.jpg

IMG_20220527_192153359_2.jpg

Last edited:
Got my 840 with MPCT3X from Richard at CSTactical last year.
Had to wait 4 months on it but was well worth it. 👍🏼
A lot of guys at my range have never heard of Zero Compromise but know it's something special just from looking at its physical appearance.

A guy last week commented on it saying it was the most impressive-looking scope he had ever seen.
I asked, "How do you know without looking thru it"?... he replied, "I can just tell it has to have great glass if it's built like that" 😎

Attachments

• ZCOwScopeChap.jpg
    ZCOwScopeChap.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 50
  • ZCOwScopeChap2.jpg
    ZCOwScopeChap2.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 54
  • ZCOwScopeChap3.jpg
    ZCOwScopeChap3.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 52
Hopefully sometime this Summer, we will announce when some come in and are available :)

Is possible to put my name on a list... I am sure the list is long

I am interested in the ZC840 with the MPCT 3X Reticle