Zero press ram rubbing?

bunny too

Just a cook
PX Member
Minuteman
May 5, 2020
Wyoming
Howdy folks,
For any of you out there with a zero press have you seen this issue? Looks like the ram is rubbing on the right side of the housing. Emailed Area419 a couple days ago and have not heard back. Not sure if it is an issue or not....
zerofront.jpgzero close.jpg

Reactions: sleeplz

HemiPowrd

Sergeant of the Hide
PX Member
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
On mine the ram is very tight on clearance, but it's not rubbing. I did notice some marks in the same location as yours, but it was just grease and wiped right off. If it's actually rubbing that's no bueno.

Reactions: S3th and bunny too

db2000

Supporter
Supporter
PX Member
Minuteman
  • Mar 27, 2020
    Unacceptable. Mistakes happen.
    I’d certainly return it for that kinda $$$ and simply because of principle. It’s supposed to be the most exact press eva.

Gustav7

Son of a Gun...
    Supporter
    PX Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Jul 18, 2019
    Ohio (OH)
    Unacceptable. Mistakes happen.
    I’d certainly return it for that kinda $$$ and simply because of principle. It’s supposed to be the most exact press eva.

Or give Area 419 a chance to fix it or make it right....

No company in the history of manufacturing who's ever sold more than 10 units hasn't had something go wrong.

Reactions: db2000

db2000

Supporter
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Mar 27, 2020
    Or give Area 419 a chance to fix it or make it right....

No company in the history of manufacturing who's ever sold more than 10 units hasn't had something go wrong.
    That’s what I’m saying. I’ve not heard anything but good things about that company. But, you can’t keep it in that condition is my point.

Reactions: Gustav7

flyer1a

Craig, Area 419
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 21, 2017
    The Edge of the Plate
    www.Area419.com
    Thank you! It is a great press, not sure if it is an issue or not.
    While it would have likely never been an operational issue, it's still not right.

David knows this already, but for those following along at home, a replacement and return label are already on the way to him. As this is still a fairly new product, virtually every issue (real or perceived) is brought back in so we can inspect, find the issue, and make a correction to our process if need be.

bunny too

Just a cook
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    May 5, 2020
    Wyoming
    While it would have likely never been an operational issue, it's still not right.

David knows this already, but for those following along at home, a replacement and return label are already on the way to him. As this is still a fairly new product, virtually every issue (real or perceived) is brought back in so we can inspect, find the issue, and make a correction to our process if need be.
    That is correct, I was not sure if it was an issue however the excellent people at AREA 419 are rapidly replacing the press regardless of whether it is a concern or not. They are shipping me a new press body and a return label so I can send my first one back to be inspected. Area 419 customer service is outstanding, I truly appreciate their hard work and dedication.

Reactions: Baron23

bunny too

Just a cook
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    May 5, 2020
    Wyoming
    Well Area 429 overnighted me a new body for the press and all is good! As I stated before not sure if this would have been an issue in the long run however Area 419 addressed it regardless and I am super happy. The press is fantastic! A machinist's dream, the tolerances are super tight and the action is super slick. Very happy with my purchase and the company. Can not wait for the shell holders to come out. Thank you to @flyer1a for his help and Area 419's quick resolution.