• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zero stops for SWFA Super Sniper Scopes

I just placed an order for my 12x SS... I also really want one for a 5-20 HD. I wished it would of worked out.

I have a Falcon Menace I keep around for a backup scope. I made a zero stop for it using a drip line elbow which fit perfectly. Works great.

Received my zero stop kit for SWFA SS 16X42. Promptly shipped, great seller communication. Shims worked perfectly on my scope. Thank you!

I just sent my order for the SWFA 3-15x42 zero stops on Saturday, May 17th via PayPal and Tim had them shipped first thing on Monday the 19th with an email to confirm. I'm in Southern California and they came in the mail on Wednesday the 21st. I installed them and they work wonderfully. I just wish I had found them before the long range rifle course I attended two weekends ago.

Can't wait to use them in the field. Thanks, Tim!

I have a SWFA 3-15 and have been using the set I bought back when they first came out. So I have been using it for several months now. I have experienced ZERO problems using the stops and really like the simplicity and cost... just ordered a second set for another 3-15

Thank you TimK and Skullybones

Any sort of update on the 5-20? Are they just a for sure no go? Just curious

I just talked to the guys at SWFA, don't take my word for what they said exactly but I think he said a 5-20 zero stop is possible. He said something like the zero stops were designed for the lower power scopes and were not compatible for the higher powered ones.

After consulting Skullybones, I've listed 3 sets of the SS shims in the options for sale section. These were very early production that they guys were kind enough to make and send out before SWFA came down with the decision that they should not be used in the SS 1-6, 3-9, or 5-20 scopes. They were bench tested for fit and function and worked just fine. Since there seemed to be such a high demand after they stopped making these, I thought I'd mention it here in case there is someone who is interested and wants to take the chance on using them, vs. just sending them back to the guys and have them destroyed.

If this post is not kosher, please advise and I'll delete.

I ordered a set of each (MOA & MIL) yesterday... this is the third time ordering multiple pairs of shims, not only for myself but also for some of the guys on SOCAMO that run SS scopes on there Mosin Nagants.

AWESOME all the way around!! The shims install easily, and are worth more than $20+ there weight in gold!! Thanks guys, definitely a worthwhile upgrade for the SWFA scopes!!

The 5-20 and I believe all HD models have a different factory stop inside the turret. Apparently the added force applied when using the stops can damage the mechanism. Everything we tested in person did not show this to be the case, and I'm not sure how much force was applied to SWFA's test scope. Either way the verdict came from them, and we are left to make it right for the few sets that were sold.

We didn't see this coming and are sorry for any inconvenience to those that purchased the affected stops. Tim has emailed everyone in our records that purchased these stops.

Ugh.. found this thread and was getting excited about it until I read about this. :(

Did you guys ever get the shims figured out for the Sightron 6-24 SIII's?

orderd a set for my 16x42 with moa turrets!!!!!!!!!! cant wait to get them installed. I will be shooting next weekend and i will let everyone one how they work! im sure the weill be better then i could imagine!! thanks Tim

Just joined the Snipers Hide and this is my first post.

Ordered a set for an SWFA 3-15x42

Can't wait!

I installed thr zero stops on my 16x42 yesterday morning(7/19/2014) installation was very simple even for me! they worked awesome. I have a 200 yard zero. When installed they even allow me to dial down to 100 yards. Then when the turret stops i just turn it back to my zero mark and its good to go! great work and I will be ordering another set soon!

Derek

Installed the stops on my 3-15 SS a couple of weeks ago. Worth it, worth it, worth it...

I joined this forum today, ordered these today, and they shipped today! Thanks Tim! I can't wait to use them.

Have any in stock for the 10x side focus MRAD? If so how much are they now, shipped to 41002
Thanks!

Last edited: