• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Oh I was aware it was happening thought it was going hit Jan 1 lol

Edit looks like euro still has em for 10k

And I got dudes crying I'm asking 7k for my mc.... Poors pay up it's about to be 8k🤣
There you go again with the poors

You should sell it to @Krob95. He isn’t the same without his AI

Define “safe”. Basically have to be willing to drill a through hole in the chassis, not a big deal but best to do on a machine and not with a hand drill lol. For some reason AI didn’t put the hole in the square tube section on the fixed stock model 🤷🏼‍♂️
We know a guy who can and would do it

@BurtG

You think there is enough meat between the skin and chassis to make a relief hole for the plug portion of the thumb rest?

Basically make a hole in the skin for it to just pop into vs bolt through.
The rear mounting screw should go into the threaded metal flange that comes with the AT kit. You’d need a printed piece with a threaded insert for the rear (similar to the front) if you wanted it to just attach to the skin.

Reactions: TanktheFrank
Cause sales are doing so well on all firearms

atx on sale. Desert tech run ing multiple sales. Etc

It's been 3 years of selling everything they make as fast as they can produce products. How would you expect them not to raise the price. It's just a how high will it go and how is the market going to correct? Or are we just going to be paying $20k for the AXSR replacement in 5 years?

It's been 3 years of selling everything they make as fast as they can produce products. How would you expect them not to raise the price. It's just a how high will it go and how is the market going to correct? Or are we just going to be paying $20k for the AXSR replacement in 5 years?
They wouldn’t be lowering the price of the atx if that was the case

More like years of sweet government money coming in

Hope they don’t turn into another HK

The rear mounting screw should go into the threaded metal flange that comes with the AT kit. You’d need a printed piece with a threaded insert for the rear (similar to the front) if you wanted it to just attach to the skin.
I'm going to go ahead and order one and see what I can come up with. A thumbrest on the thumbhole is gonna be sweet!

1k-1mile max. have ranges near me for both that I'm going to get a membership for.

Also - i've saved like 50 pics from this thread as inspiration, AT with thumbhole is preety beautiful rifle. So is AXSR with 18.5 proof :) So I think they are equally "cool" since that is preety important. I have a Helios QD Ti supressor I plan to run with .308 and 6.5 creed already. So I figure with the TI supressor direct thread (weighs about as much as a muzzle break or less), and a proof 18.5, the AXSR would be relatively maneuverable for when i'm shooting short action cartridges?
Bro where in texas you have multiple ranges near by you that offers 1000-1200 yrds?

Cause sales are doing so well on all firearms

atx on sale. Desert tech run ing multiple sales. Etc

If ppl stop looking at stock market to figure out the economy (as if they are operating a 500 company) they will understand the gun buying frenzy is behind us….

Reactions: BurtG
Finally got to do first shots and zero the AT and AX today. I'm definitely impressed regardless of the comedy of errors. Forgot my can at home, left my impacts in the duck hunt bag and had to dick with the T6Xi for longer than I'd care to admit figuring out the zero stop and elevation turret.

The Proof barrel on the AT preferred 140 Black, and the AX 147 ELD-M. I'll get some more factory loads through them in the coming weeks and start load development.

20231229_133135.jpg
20231229_122424.jpg

Finally got to do first shots and zero the AT and AX today. I'm definitely impressed regardless of the comedy of errors. Forgot my can at home, left my impacts in the duck hunt bag and had to dick with the T6Xi for longer than I'd care to admit figuring out the zero stop and elevation turret.

The Proof barrel on the AT preferred 140 Black, and the AX 147 ELD-M. I'll get some more factory loads through them in the coming weeks and start load development.

View attachment 8308726View attachment 8308728
Need to get either the AO spigot or Elite Iron spigot, and an Atlas for the AT. It made shooting mine off the bipod much more enjoyable.

I've got the "traditional" spigot in a bag at home, just need to grab the Atlas from the guy I got the AT from. I felt very weird with the Harris lol.

The AO and EI setups might be more functional but something about the BT spigot just feels right.

Reactions: TheBigCountry
Regarding the AI AT, what is the advantage to the side folding stock?

I assume storage and ease of bolt removal for cleaning.

Anything else?

Also, if one has the fixed stock AI AT, and one wants to remove the bolt, I assume one has to remove the cheek riser?

If so, is this a simple process and is it repeatable?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you.

-Stan

Anything else?

Also, if one has the fixed stock AI AT, and one wants to remove the bolt, I assume one has to remove the cheek riser?

Thank you.

-Stan
The folding stock is awesome

I can break it down into a very small package if I fold the stock and remove the barrel

When I tote it places I usually have the stock folded.

When I clean the rifle I fold the stock as well. No cheek piece to get in the way

The cheek piece is adjustable/removeable via some Allen screws

Reactions: stanley_white

I can break it down into a very small package if I fold the stock and remove the barrel

When I clean the rifle I fold the stock as well. No cheek piece to get in the way

Thank you!

-Stan

You’re welcome.

Get the folder. Come to the dark side. lol

I don't need the compactness.

I do desire being able to remove the bolt without having to use a tool to remove the cheek piece first.

Either way the funds won't be around for this until 2025 so for now it's mid-term dreaming.

Among switch-barrel options in general, I am sold on the AT.

-Stan

A folder is that one luxury item you don't think you need but when you have it you enjoy it every time you use it and wonder how you could ever not have it.

There are tricks like putting orings on the shafts for the cheek piece so it can be repeatedly taken off and put back on. The downside still is you need a tool to do this or buy the knobs to quickly remove the cheek.

If you get a screaming deal on a non folder I wouldn't hold back but otherwise I'd try and get a folder.

I don't need the compactness.

I do desire being able to remove the bolt without having to use a tool to remove the cheek piece first.

Either way the funds won't be around for this until 2025 so for now it's mid-term dreaming.

Among switch-barrel options in general, I am sold on the AT.

-Stan
I didn’t know how easy it was until I had my old barrel off and the new barrel on in munites

Keep an eye on the Px and also call MileHigh and Eurooptic for demo versions

I got mine used from MileHigh and it came with 2 or 3 barrels, bipod, folding stock, and a Pelican case for under what a new one would cost me so the deals are out there

Reactions: stanley_white
I didn’t know how easy it was until I had my old barrel off and the new barrel on in munites

Keep an eye on the Px and also call MileHigh and Eurooptic for demo versions

I got mine used from MileHigh and it came with 2 or 3 barrels, bipod, folding stock, and a Pelican case for under what a new one would cost me so the deals are out there
Thank you.

I'll keep my eyes peeled.

-Stan

Why don't you just remove the barrel to clean it? Why leave it on the gun and fold the stock?

Anything else?

Thank you.

-Stan

Get the folder.

- Sincerely, Fixed AT Owner.

Thank you!

-Stan
I would second getting a folder..

Even if you buy some aftermarket thumbscrews to remove the cheekpiece.. you will still cut your knuckles up when running a rod through the barrel on the chassis (unless you buy an ultra long cleaning rod)

I now don't have that issue though as I've dropped my AT into a Vision Chassis.

I would second getting a folder..

Even if you buy some aftermarket thumbscrews to remove the cheekpiece.. you will still cut your knuckles up when running a rod through the barrel on the chassis (unless you buy an ultra long cleaning rod)

I now don't have that issue though as I've dropped my AT into a Vision Chassis.
Thank you.

Who makes the aftermarket thumb screws?

-Stan

Because I don’t need to.

Boretech and a few patches and it’s clean
God that stuff works like magic. I held off so long on spending that kind of money for a solvent but I’m glad I did.

The boomer in me was always like “Sweets and Hoppes 9 are the way to go”
::years of hours and brain cells lost later::
“Let me try this BT stuff.”
🤯

God that stuff works like magic. I held off so long on spending that kind of money for a solvent but I’m glad I did.

🤯
I always used hopped and sweets too. The smell is something you never forger

The Boretech stuff works miracles. I even run their red lube in a tube on the lugs of my actions and it doesn’t fine job of that too. No more stinky Hoppes/Sweets here.

Reactions: M8541Reaper

🤯

Wait till you discover wipe out by sharpshooter for the ultra lazy like myself... Prefer it over boretech honestly but BT is pretty good.....

I pull my barrels tho when I clean them just way easier that way.

Which Boretech solvent(s) do you use? I have eliminator and find it works pretty well at dissolving copper but is weak on carbon?

I'm always looking for a magic bullet when it comes to cleaning, will check out Wipe Out also.

Which Boretech solvent(s) do you use? I have eliminator and find it works pretty well at dissolving copper but is weak on carbon?

I'm always looking for a magic bullet when it comes to cleaning, will check out Wipe Out also.

Reactions: TylerN
For what it's worth I've talked to a well respected barrel head guy here and while he doesn't hate BT he has seen quite a bit of issue with regards to corrosion. I sent my barrel in for evaluation because of some abnormal pitting in the last 4" of barrel. He asked if I shot it suppressed (always) and if i used boretech. He believes a the BT stuff that isn't dry patched out and immediately followed up by a good oil cause premature pitting ESPECIALLY when shot suppressed.

I was all in on BT until this experience. Not rushing what are now $450 barrel blanks

For what it's worth I've talked to a well respected barrel head guy here and while he doesn't hate BT he has seen quite a bit of issue with regards to corrosion. I sent my barrel in for evaluation because of some abnormal pitting in the last 4" of barrel. He asked if I shot it suppressed (always) and if i used boretech. He believes a the BT stuff that isn't dry patched out and immediately followed up by a good oil cause premature pitting ESPECIALLY when shot suppressed.

I was all in on BT until this experience. Not rushing what are now $450 barrel blanks
Interesting

I thought it was the after effects of using CLR and not the Boretech