• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Accuracy International Picture Thread

For what it's worth I've talked to a well respected barrel head guy here and while he doesn't hate BT he has seen quite a bit of issue with regards to corrosion. I sent my barrel in for evaluation because of some abnormal pitting in the last 4" of barrel. He asked if I shot it suppressed (always) and if i used boretech. He believes a the BT stuff that isn't dry patched out and immediately followed up by a good oil cause premature pitting ESPECIALLY when shot suppressed.

I was all in on BT until this experience. Not rushing what are now $450 barrel blanks
Sheeeet! if BT carbon remover is going to be like that I might as well pull back out my big jug o' CLR (at least it's cheap.) As long as any of these chemicals are used sparingly and patched out with IPA & dry patches afterwards it can't be that bad.

Reactions: TheBigCountry
@TheBigCountry @TylerN

His other least favorite is people using CLR haha! again he said they work but you need to be extra cautious about cleaning the cleaner out and protecting the barrel after.

I had typically always run 2 dry patches after cleaning, then 1 soaked in slip2000 and then 1 dry. Apparently that wasn't enough using it with BT. Of the things I had on hand he said just go back to Hoppes 9.

@TheBigCountry @TylerN

His other least favorite is people using CLR haha! again he said they work but you need to be extra cautious about cleaning the cleaner out and protecting the barrel after.

I had typically always run 2 dry patches after cleaning, then 1 soaked in slip2000 and then 1 dry. Apparently that wasn't enough using it with BT. Of the things I had on hand he said just go back to Hoppes 9.
I know who this guy is lol

Probably... he's really the only active one around lol. Just didn't want to spell it out there. Chances are if you talked to him he'd tell you the same but that's for him to say.
I figured. I have one of his barrels and it hammers

I think more than half the problem is people going ham on their barrels and not getting the shit out. Dry patch it a bunch then hit it with rem oil and you’re golden.

No boomer benchrest “kroil and shooters choice” magic elixir proponents? What is the world coming to?

Wait till you discover wipe out by sharpshooter for the ultra lazy like myself... Prefer it over boretech honestly but BT is pretty good.....

I pull my barrels tho when I clean them just way easier that way.
I don't even know where my boreguide is. That thing is probably stuck in the back of a drawer looking like my ceiling fan.

So there’s this thread and the pinned ATX thread. Is there an AX thread somewhere or is it lumped into this thread?

Just use wipe out bore cleaner.

Also. Windex works stellar on bcg. I bet it would be good on 22 barrels

IMG_6350.jpg

IMG_6352.jpg
WoW, crazy setup, what is the ITAR protected scope ?

Is $8000.00 for an MC (338) like new condition okay number?
@Huskydriver i think had his for sale here a while ago

You see them for $6700-$7000 here. And they sit at that price sometimes

Sold mine for $8500 I think. That was with all 3 bolts and 6.5 and 300 PRC barrels. Wasn’t instantly sold and based my asking price off searching this site for sold MC’s

Of course with the price increase it maybe more now. I’d think $7000 would be a reasonable counter offer based on what I’ve seen here

If you’re shopping @toygunner has a solid deal posted.
Here it is

This seems like a solid deal in today’s prices

@Huskydriver i think had his for sale here a while ago

You see them for $6700-$7000 here. And they sit at that price sometimes

Sold mine for $8500 I think. That was with all 3 bolts and 6.5 and 300 PRC barrels. Wasn’t instantly sold and based my asking price off searching this site for sold MC’s

Of course with the price increase it maybe more now. I’d think $7000 would be a reasonable counter offer based on what I’ve seen here
Thanks for detailed answer man appreciate it. This one does not come with anything else. Gonna pass

Well it just hasn't died yet 🤷‍♂️. Still on the original battery charge!

I'm 5'7 with a long torso.... you know how hard it is to stretch so you can crop out your feet and take a picture before you tumble over? Lol
I was just messing around. I am always behind on that trend myself as well.

Reactions: FUNCTIONAL
Is $8000.00 for an MC (338) like new condition okay number?

Mine is cheaper 🤣

Also bear in mind if it's a small firing pin bolt or not. Axmc came with large from the factory. If the seller is including a factory SFP bolt body, that shiz ain't cheap and are more desirable than large. Also ask if the they say it's SFP if they are bushed or if it's a factory SFP.

Last edited:
20240101_135352.jpg

Still breaking in my new 6 GT barrel that Matt Stewart spun up for me (he used my rifle to get set up for making prefits). It's a 27" Krieger. So far I've got 58 rounds of factory Eagle Eye 105gr Hybrids through it. I also got to play with my new Accu-Tac WB-4 (should have gone with the WB-5...I'm maxed out with a short rear bag).

I started with another 5 rounds at 100 just to see if I could duplicate my efforts from a rest a few weeks ago. So far, it's been fairly consistent.
20240101_140358.jpg

Went to 250 yards real briefly. Looked promising and was consistent again with my 100 yard results.

Then I tried my new "range" off of the back yard. Previously I had to drive a few hundred yards to get to a spot where I could shoot further than 385. However I set up my new gong through the trees and over the creek. It measures 659 yards from my back fence, so about 655 when I'm stretched out. Hardly any real distance, but it works for me.
20240101_142035.jpg

The difficult part for me is that the wind calls will be a touch more tricky until I set up some flags. I sent 5 last rounds downrange before packing it up and getting back to chores.
20240101_141214.jpg

View attachment 8311679

Still breaking in my new 6 GT barrel that Matt Stewart spun up for me (he used my rifle to get set up for making prefits). It's a 27" Krieger. So far I've got 58 rounds of factory Eagle Eye 105gr Hybrids through it. I also got to play with my new Accu-Tac WB-4 (should have gone with the WB-5...I'm maxed out with a short rear bag).
How is the GT feeding for you? thinking about making the switch after this season

Reactions: diggler1833
How is the GT feeding for you? thinking about making the switch after this season

I have two different kinds of followers on my two magazines (I really need to take a photo). My factory mag has the follower where it tapers off towards the front, and the ES mag in the photo above the follower is much less tapered. Both feed well BUT, the factory mag with the tapered follower I did have one hang-up so far when I cycled the bolt slowly. Please bear in mind that I've only got about 3 complete mags' worth of ammo through each magazine so my opinion 6 months from now might be completely different if I start experiencing a lot of issues.

Whoa sorry everyone. Don’t know how that happened. Must have been the new update. Yea that’s what it was.
Sage Green? More like gay green am I right? Right?

Right guys?

::frantically tries to delete post but it’s too late::
😂

Whoa sorry everyone. Don’t know how that happened. Must have been the new update. Yea that’s what it was.

Right guys?

😂

Next thing we know he's going to sell the ai for a terminus and be shooting a 6 gay tiger..... Ain't that right @Krob95

Right guys?

😂
Now that’s a good sport right there! Right on!

If only certain deadly dismounted people (and their like) could take a ribbing…well gosh darn it, the world would be a neat-o place, by golly!

Right guys?

😂
Everyone tells themselves “it’s just a phase” or “I’ll try it out cause the other guys did”

There’s no shame to dabble in elite sand only to come back later

Everyone tells themselves “it’s just a phase” or “I’ll try it out cause the other guys did”

There’s no shame to dabble in elite sand only to come back later
Sometimes I’m the Elite Sand. Sometimes he’s the Elite Sand. Sometimes we’re both the Elite Sand… it’s hot.
😂

Now that’s a good sport right there! Right on!
🍻

Next thing we know he's going to sell the ai for a terminus and be shooting a 6 gay tiger..... Ain't that right @Krob95
Ewwww. 308 or death ma’am. Unless it’s for money, then it’s 65CM 😂