• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sidearms & Scatterguns Commander size 1911 in 9mm

Balldboy

Warrant Officer
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2001
New Jersey
Looking for a Commander size 1911 in 9mm.
Already have a Hipower and Sigs are not really lefty friendly...at least for me.

What are you guys shooting?

TIA,
Pete

Re: Commander size 1911 in 9mm

I traded for an Aegis Pro II about 4 months ago. A guy here wanted to trade a shotgun I had and he kept badgering me to trade. I kept saying it was a girls gun until finally I caved and traded for it.

I love this pistol and carry it often. I added a new hammer (I do not thumb my hammers, but just like the standard Kimber hammer better and added ambi safeties. I didn't even have to break it in. They also make the CDP II line in 9mm, but I had one of those in .45. They ALSO make the tactical II series in 9mm. I have owned and shot all three models, I like this Aegis the best. WHY? I am not sure as all Kimbers start out as the same gun. I will warn you though, that little thumb safety is made for a chic's hand and if you shoot with your thumb on your safety, it could be uncomfortable for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swordfish</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would look at 38super or 9x23 in a 1911 if you dont want a 45.
</div></div>
Thought about a Taurus in 38 Super but I'm trying to consolidate ammo.
Selling a Beretta 84 and 1,200 rounds of assorted 380 ammo to gain another 9mm.

you can look on 10-8 or brianenosfourms and research the 1911-9mm
platform . I just think there are better platforms for 9mm.

9mm 1911 can be done, but a compact is asking for problems.

I carry an EMP, and it's the only sub-5" 1911 9mm I'd consider, as the gun was redesigned to be a 9mm.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">9mm 1911 can be done, but a compact is asking for problems.

I carry an EMP, and it's the only sub-5" 1911 9mm I'd consider, as the gun was redesigned to be a 9mm. </div></div>

+1 I agree

I also have a 5" 9mm STI Spartan, and even that is finicky.

Get a Springfield Stainless Loaded Target.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">9mm 1911 can be done, but a compact is asking for problems.

I carry an EMP, and it's the only sub-5" 1911 9mm I'd consider, as the gun was redesigned to be a 9mm. </div></div>

I carry a 9mm cco daily for carry. Use the metalform magazines with the Springfield follower, a 12 lb recoil spring and it will run great. If you have tuned the extractor properly you will not have problems.

No reliability problems with this one:
IMG_3174.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M. Winslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice Graham, I love STI's square hammer. </div></div>Ok. Sure. But what do you think of the tablecloth?
laugh.gif

Have you ever shot it with a light? That's my big thing now, shooting at night with a light mounted. I think that would be an interesting configuration to shoot....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M. Winslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice Graham, I love STI's square hammer. </div></div>Ok. Sure. But what do you think of the tablecloth?
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Holy Shit! There is a pistol on your table cloth

I have a had quite a few 9mm 1911's Never had a problem at all even with the compact Kimber Aegis.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: asiparks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dan Wesson Guardian ? </div></div>

Great guns, though I've heard that some are problematic from the box. Mine was. A trip back to Dan Wesson and it has given me absolutely zero problems since. VERY accurate and so little recoil that I feel like I'm spoiling myself for other handguns when I shoot it. Have considered getting one in .45ACP, too, but have yet to give myself a good enough reason.