• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

After a year and 6 month waiting on my manners stock it’s finally done.
Bottom Rifle
Proof Sendero 6.5 PRC Chambered by Keystone Accuracy
TT Diamond
NF 4-16 Atacr with Ultralite rings
Manners TA

Attachments

• IMG_2667.jpeg
    IMG_2667.jpeg
    647.3 KB · Views: 135
I probably just spent 3 or so hours scrolling through the entire thread. "Mostly because I wanted to see the builds"
Does anyone by chance have a light weight action in hand by now? I saw it was posted in January. I ordered one about two weeks ago and I guess I'm just getting eager.

My father surprised me by saying he wanted a 223 bolt action with a can when we were drinking I didn't think much of it but it was out of the ordinary. I went home went to sleep and woke up in the middle of the night and ordered a lightweight action because I realized something. He has had both knees worked on, hip and a titanium shoulder, his mobility just isn't the greatest. Most of his stuff he probably can't shoot comfortably anymore nor carry the weight.

So I ordered the lightweight action, 18" 223 AI carbon wrap barrel from preferred. triggertech two stage. I was originally looking at a Peak44 bastion but I came across the stocky's carbon fiber stock yesterday on sale so I bought the VG hunter. (Bottom metal is an Atlasworx trigger guard release).

This is probably more than what he was wanting as far as a rifle and the action isn't exactly the lightest, But I wanted something smooth with a short bolt throw which is what lead me onto ARC's and their "new action" plus it looks damn good which has to count for something.

Good news is the action, barrel, and stock should all arrive at relatively the same time looking at the lead times.
As for the suppressor I haven't found on that really hits any of the marks yet.

I probably just spent 3 or so hours scrolling through the entire thread. "Mostly because I wanted to see the builds"
Does anyone by chance have a light weight action in hand by now? I saw it was posted in January. I ordered one about two weeks ago and I guess I'm just getting eager.

My father surprised me by saying he wanted a 223 bolt action with a can when we were drinking I didn't think much of it but it was out of the ordinary. I went home went to sleep and woke up in the middle of the night and ordered a lightweight action because I realized something. He has had both knees worked on, hip and a titanium shoulder, his mobility just isn't the greatest. Most of his stuff he probably can't shoot comfortably anymore nor carry the weight.

So I ordered the lightweight action, 18" 223 AI carbon wrap barrel from preferred. triggertech two stage. I was originally looking at a Peak44 bastion but I came across the stocky's carbon fiber stock yesterday on sale so I bought the VG hunter. (Bottom metal is an Atlasworx trigger guard release).

This is probably more than what he was wanting as far as a rifle and the action isn't exactly the lightest, But I wanted something smooth with a short bolt throw which is what lead me onto ARC's and their "new action" plus it looks damn good which has to count for something.

Good news is the action, barrel, and stock should all arrive at relatively the same time looking at the lead times.
There's a build thread https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/arc-coup-de-grace-builds.7173019/

You, sir, are doing great by your father.

This is going to be an awesome rifle for him to enjoy.

Any suggestions for feeding 300 WSM from Accurate 300 WSM mags? I seemed to have read somewhere in these 140 some odd pages that those were the Mag's I needed. Cartridge seems to tip up and jam tight before leaving the mag. I thought I would ask here before I started doing something stupid.

IDK who needs to see this - but AW mags are in stock at GA

Any suggestions for feeding 300 WSM from Accurate 300 WSM mags? I seemed to have read somewhere in these 140 some odd pages that those were the Mag's I needed. Cartridge seems to tip up and jam tight before leaving the mag. I thought I would ask here before I started doing something stupid.
Have you tuned the magazine lips? If not, try that first. Also, if you load one round in the 3 round WSM Accurate Mag, pay attention if the round wants to slip out of the front part of the lips. Likely not. But load it fully with 3 rounds and you'll notice that the first round wants to jump out of the magazine. Work from there. @Boatninja

Reactions: lash
Have you tuned the magazine lips? If not, try that first. Also, if you load one round in the 3 round WSM Accurate Mag, pay attention if the round wants to slip out of the front part of the lips. Likely not. But load it fully with 3 rounds and you'll notice that the first round wants to jump out of the magazine. Work from there. @Boatninja
I did end up opening the forward end of the lips and got it feeding. Your advice is welcome @Pappagallos , I can probably adjust it further with your recommendations. I am just cautious and hesitant about bending or grinding without checking with the more experienced. Particularly when it isn't my own personal rifle.

Reactions: Papagallos and lash
Taking advantage of a cert I picked up and sending a newly acquired LA Magnum Lightweight and a .30 18” Proof Blank to Owens Armory in a week or so, idea is a short and lightish 300 PRC hunting rifle. Much excite.

Reactions: CEO10KaDAY and lash
Anybody know if these drop into McMillan’s universal inlet? I’d assume so but you know how that goes. Maybe the ejection port cutout is short?

Anybody know if these drop into McMillan’s universal inlet? I’d assume so but you know how that goes. Maybe the ejection port cutout is short?

IIRC the McMillan U inlet has a low waterline all along the full length of the receiver like a manners TCS, so it should drop in regarding the ejection port. Not sure about trigger hanger clearance in the U inlet though, I don't have one on hand at the moment to test fit.

Reactions: TheOE800
anyone know how to get this action to stop flinging brass so far and forward? Im tired of losing brass at prs matches. Yes i know if I run the bolt slower it wont throw them as hard but its hard to run slow when youre on the clock

anyone know how to get this action to stop flinging brass so far and forward? Im tired of losing brass at prs matches. Yes i know if I run the bolt slower it wont throw them as hard but its hard to run slow when youre on the clock
That can happen with these one piece forged bolt systems. Bigger question is why your squad is making you shuck your own brass?

• Haha
Reactions: LR1845
Tim
IMO You're going to have to train yourself to slow down before you hit the mechanical extractor to keep it from flying so far. These actions can send the brass into next week. They're so much better than the button extractors in my opinion it's worth the learning curve.

As far as sending the brass forward. I know several people have had an issue with this but I'm not sure if anyone got it fixed. Talk of reshaping the extractor was the last I heard of it. Mine doesn't send it forward, usually 3-4 o'clock, but I don't run the bolt fast like you guys do in PRS so that might be the difference.

Is your brass hitting your scope?

Any recent reports of 223 reliability? Anyone try a non conical barrel with a smaller non 478 bolt

I’ve got one in a long action, and aside from having to single feed it runs fine as long as you run the bolt with a little authority

1717445831747.png

Why don't they sell these rings? They are sweet.

What dovetail rings are people using with the Mausingfield actions? There doesn't seem to be a reason to use a pic rail. It's redundant when you can skip the extra piece and go straight to a dovetail mount.

What dovetail rings are people using with the Mausingfield actions? There doesn't seem to be a reason to use a pic rail. It's redundant when you can skip the extra piece and go straight to a dovetail mount

I was going to crack wise about how European that is of you to want a dovetail mount, then I noticed your name.

Sir this is “American rifle co”. Put a pic rail on it. Hoorah.

View attachment 8431222

What dovetail rings are people using with the Mausingfield actions? There doesn't seem to be a reason to use a pic rail. It's redundant when you can skip the extra piece and go straight to a dovetail mount.

Titanium at $700 a set and those are 2019 prices.

The action, rings and titanium bottom metal were like $4,000 back then but when it’s going on a $22,000 rifle the price is rather irrelevant.

Oof. Maybe the lightweight action is a better choice.

I just don't understand the logic of putting a dovetail mount on and then adding a bolt on pic rail. Why not just make it a one piece action with a pic rail? Dovetail rings are hard to find for a reason.

Oof. Maybe the lightweight action is a better choice.

I just don't understand the logic of putting a dovetail mount on and then adding a bolt on pic rail. Why not just make it a one piece action with a pic rail? Dovetail rings are hard to find for a reason.

They offer the closed top Mausingfield with exactly that, the open top is open to allow access into the ejection port for use with BDL bottom metals.

Based on previous discussions aluminum scope rings for those rails were a possibility but haven’t made it into production due to other projects.

Reactions: kthomas
View attachment 8431222

Perhaps I am of smooth brain…or no brain…

1717455364337.png

…but how is one to actually place a scope into those rings? How do they open up? Are they for scopes with no objective bell (or turrets)?

Last edited:
Reactions: pingunit
Perhaps I am of smooth brain…or no brain…

View attachment 8431358

…but how is one to actually place a scope into those rings? How do they open up? Are they for scopes with no objective bell?

You build the scope through the rings, one piece at a time, much like how you build a ship in a bottle. Explains quite a bit about the $22k price for that rifle from Griffin and Howe.

You build the scope through the rings, one piece at a time, much like how you build a ship in a bottle. Explains quite a bit about the $22k price for that rifle from Griffin and Howe.
Lol awesome man!

So I took a look at that G&H site. I think I’ve figured it out.

1717457184829.png

Must have these sawtooth interfaces on each side.

View attachment 8431222

I agree that those are sexy and robust, but you’re going to have trouble getting a scope in them….

Look closely. Those have to be a concept drawing as there’s no split.

I agree that those are sexy and robust, but you’re going to have trouble getting a scope in them….

Look closely. Those have to be a concept drawing as there’s no split.
See one post above yours…ze mystery, it iz ze solved!

Reactions: pingunit
View attachment 8431222

They do sell them. The steel ones are $600 a set. Just give them a call.

Sure, but…

Show me on the doll where the serrations are:

Original picture (doll)

View attachment 8431464
Oh yeah, wasn’t meaning that I saw them on the (probably) 3D rendering…well, not until @LeftyJason later Blade Runner’ed sector 43 to 567 lol

I just meant, given the pic I showed, that’s how the real-life ones must work.

1717467720614.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: lash and LeftyJason
They do sell them. The steel ones are $600 a set. Just give them a call.

I don't know who answered the phone yesterday, but they had no idea what I was talking about and said the only rings they sell are the ones on their website. $600 is steep but I'd pay it if they would take my money.

I don't know who answered the phone yesterday, but they had no idea what I was talking about and said the only rings they sell are the ones on their website. $600 is steep but I'd pay it if they would take my money.
Must have been someone new. Bella (and obviously Ted and Jon) can help you.

Reactions: Eurodriver
Must have been someone new. Bella (and obviously Ted and Jon) can help you.
Thanks. I'll call back today. They have the action I want in stock, so I'd love to get one en route.

I'm looking for a prefit in a short action magnum cartridge (6.5 PRC minimum, but bigger would be nice). I will call them and see if they have any suggestions.

I’m willing to bet the only rings they sell now are the ones on their website.
I’d take that bet. They should open soon and @Eurodriver will have his answer. They offer a steel BDL bottom metal, too, but it’s more than a lot of actions on the market! ($1100-$1200 if I recall - but it’s looks like it’s worth it given the execution and aesthetics. I don’t have one but will post pictures if I grab one. 👍🏻)

It’d be interesting to know how the upper and lower halves of those fancy rings fit. As in, is there a tiny detent of sorts, or just a slide-on fit?

I sorta wonder how the scope mount stability would fair if it got a good knock parallel to the bore. Would both it and the ring tops then fly off? Scope would probably be trashed regardless due to the force needed, probably.

I’d take that bet. They should open soon and @Eurodriver will have his answer. They offer a steel BDL bottom metal, too, but it’s more than a lot of actions on the market! ($1100-$1200 if I recall - but it’s looks like it’s worth it given the execution and aesthetics. I don’t have one but will post pictures if I grab one. 👍🏻)

$1,100 plus $600 plus $1600 is going to be pricey before we even get to the HNT26...

I'm confused I thought the fancy rings were from griffin and howe?

My smith said he could use a universal action wrench to get my build complete - that sound okay?

Planning on running factory ammo for some time in my CDG build, I am sending my CDG and a Proof blank to Owens Armory in AZ because I have a cert from an NRL Hunter match for a free chamber/thread/crown/cerakote. Doing a 300 PRC, should I ask them to notch the feed ramp while they have it? I'm not worried about ever needing the length for handloads, but I do worry about factory ammo moving forward in the magazine under recoil and then not feeding - is that a valid concern?