• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Geissele GFR Maritime Reconnaissance 6mm arc write up and review

To add a little further data out there, I chronographed my Geissele 14.5” and 18” 6arc rifles (18” chrome-lined) this weekend.

Factory Hornady 6arc ELD-M 108gr

14.5” - at 50 rounds total through it - 2415fps

18” - at 35 rounds total through it - 2519fps
How does the 14.5 group?

How does the 14.5 group?

I was going to say roughly 0.75” I was guessing with ELD-M. So, I measured one of the last two five shot groups I shot with it.

image_cropper_41F3857C-17B2-49CE-B00A-C49B9B90F8BE-25262-00001A9FBCDE7E67.jpeg

Reactions: NarMan
Below is a group from a new 14.5 SS Proof Research barrel & factory 108 ELDM. I've had two Proof SS 6 ARC barrels (16" & 14.5") and both shoot consistently sub MOA with the 108 ELDM factory ammo.

Just so I’m clear…as there are some 50y groups and wonky shit these days….

You’re saying this is:
5 rounds
100y
Factory Hornady ammo
Out of an AR

You’re saying this is:
5 rounds
100y
Factory Hornady ammo
Out of an AR
They are dumb accurate everyone is getting way under half inch groups with factory loads and yes 100 yard groups. I’m building a craddock 18” right now but I’m gona grab one of these in 18” when I’m not poor lol

You’re saying this is:
5 rounds
100y
Factory Hornady ammo
Out of an AR
He’s got a proof but the geiselle 6mm arc is crazy accurate they have a new gas system too

Everyone you say?
Every review I watched on YouTube the one guy selling multiple 6 arc geissele ars on here. I have a craddock 14.5 I’m getting 1.25 at 200 yards right now with factory loads I’m gona try my luck with their 18” but yes zero bad reviews that I’ve seen and I’ve watched several reviews

Every review I watched on YouTube the one guy selling multiple 6 arc geissele ars on here. I have a craddock 14.5 I’m getting 1.25 at 200 yards right now with factory loads I’m gona try my luck with their 18” but yes zero bad reviews that I’ve seen and I’ve watched several reviews
Bad reviews don't help one quit one's day job or get free shit for content. Depending on who you watch...you may never hear a bad review ever. (Just saying, not trying to get into who in the YT cesspool isn't trash). There are some very high end shooters I've watched struggle in real time with the ARC though....and given the nature AR accuracy builds, it's a tolerance stacking nightmare that the barrel alone can't save one from...at least in my experience. For the Barrel Gods work in mysterious (and sometimes infuriating) ways....Yay.

Cheers Fellas

@Paris_Bulks,
Honey of a group!

Bad reviews don't help one quit one's day job or get free shit for content. Depending on who you watch...you may never hear a bad review ever. (Just saying, not trying to get into who in the YT cesspool isn't trash). There are some very high end shooters I've watched struggle in real time with the ARC though....and given the nature AR accuracy builds, it's a tolerance stacking nightmare that the barrel alone can't save one from...at least in my experience. For the Barrel Gods work in mysterious (and sometimes infuriating) ways....Yay.

Cheers Fellas

@Paris_Bulks,
Honey of a group!

Thanks

I'm betting Geissele went with longer "NATO" type throats for reliability.

With Proof CF barrels and an older lot of Hornady 108 ELD-M:

14.5" 2560 FPS

18" 2660 FPS

Current batch is a lot slower in 18". Haven't tried it in the 14.5".

The older lot was also noticeably temperature sensitive. One degree F gave a 2 FPS difference. Have not had the chance to try warmer temps with the new lot.

Here are some recent velocity/SD numbers (10 plus round sample size) with brand new Proof CF barrels shooting Hornady 103 ELD-X:

18" 2627 FPS / SD 12.2 FPS

18" 2629 FPS / SD 10.6 FPS

16" 2568 FPS / SD 13.4 FPS

All were sub-MOA, with one 18" breaking half-MOA in the last of three groups and the 16" going half-MOA on the second group. That's with a 75 year old wearing trifocals shooting off a bipod. :ROFLMAO:
What powder are you running?

My 20" Proof with the new lots of Hornady 108 ammo is doing around 2660-2670. My buddy has the same barrel and we are getting identical velocities. Both barrels still have low round counts and are not broken in completely. Unsure if they will speed up a little or not. I just haven't had time to shoot much lately.

I've got an 18" SS Proof that is averaging about 2615 with Hornady Black 105gr, with about 225 rounds through it. Easily sub minute with that Black 105gr. Have not run any ELD-M Match factory loads through it, or any other factory loads. No hand loads.

Recent lots of Hornady 108 ELD-M I've picked up are not as fast nor as accurate as my earlier lots. 92 FPS and 112 FPS slower.

SDs remain good, under 15 FPS.

The 106 TAP is FAST, with good SDs. Still MOA or better.

Accuracy has been around half MOA or just barely larger for me. SD has been in the 13-15 range. I haven't played with the 106 Atips yet. Eventually I will get some to try when I actually get to loading for this. What velocity are you getting with the 106 TAP?

6 ARC has proven to be quite accurate for myself as well with factory ammo. Hornady 80 ELD-VT's grouping at .530 moa and 108 ELD-M's at .437 moa through an 18" Proof Carbon barrel.

How well do these do against barriers? I think the purpose of this rifle is to be lightweight and have further reach than 5.56, but if this rifle is to replace a .308 gas gun right?

How well do these do against barriers? I think the purpose of this rifle is to be lightweight and have further reach than 5.56, but if this rifle is to replace a .308 gas gun right?
It depends on team composition and mission. NSW is currently fielding multiple longer range alternatives including 5.56, 6ARC, 6.5CM, .308, Sig 6.8, 300 WM, 300 Norma. They may use bigger but I did not see them (some of these may be under evaluation as opposed to actual use).

With regard to 6ARC specifically, it is important to remember that there are two bids. One is an assaulter variant which I don't believe has been awarded yet and one was a sniper variant. The thought process as explained to me is that it is the same small frame weapons platform that they all are used to using. The advantage is greater lethality at all ranges when compared to 5.56. The weight of the system rifle plus 11 mags is within 5 or 6 pounds of the 556 loadout (don't fuss at me, there are a bunch of submissions and it can move up and down depending on which rifle, barrel length, ect.) The greater lethality at any range was the important point.

It depends on team composition and mission. NSW is currently fielding multiple longer range alternatives including 5.56, 6ARC, 6.5CM, .308, Sig 6.8, 300 WM, 300 Norma. They may use bigger but I did not see them (some of these may be under evaluation as opposed to actual use).

With regard to 6ARC specifically, it is important to remember that there are two bids. One is an assaulter variant which I don't believe has been awarded yet and one was a sniper variant. The thought process as explained to me is that it is the same small frame weapons platform that they all are used to using. The advantage is greater lethality at all ranges when compared to 5.56. The weight of the system rifle plus 11 mags is within 5 or 6 pounds of the 556 loadout (don't fuss at me, there are a bunch of submissions and it can move up and down depending on which rifle, barrel length, ect.) The greater lethality at any range was the important point.
That makes a lot of sense and is what I figured. I remember reading a comment from a former NSWDG member stating he used his 417 primarily for vehicle take down, and that made sense to me. I thought the 6 ARC GFR rifle was going to replace that system, but it sounds like it is more so replacing longer barreled 5.56 guns by providing a similar size package at a lighter weight and greater overall lethality at extended ranges.

I picked up this 18" Geissele GFR used here on the hide. Here are some my results with factory Hornady ammo. Can someone please tell me why the 80 eldvt is so bad in this gun? I really want that bullet to work.

View attachment 8438800
View attachment 8438801
View attachment 8438802

105 BTHP "BLACK"
View attachment 8438803

80 ELD-VT
View attachment 8438804

103 ELD-X
View attachment 8438805
I can't speak for the GFR, but my 18" Proof SS behaves the same (ELD VTs are 2.5 MOA). I do not know why the VT doesn't work as well, but I did find a 0.8 MOA load of 75 VMAX over TAC pretty easily (no seating depth testing yet). I've not shot black or ELD X out of this one yet.

Interestingly, my barrel is 100 fps faster than book at the charge weight (29.9gr of TAC, 75 VMAX, 1.662" BTO) which is nice. My beam scale could be off, but it shouldn't be that far off. Need to chrono the factory 108's again, those were close to 0.5 MOA from this rifle but have been shooting Vmax's at yotes for now

Reactions: tex68w
I picked up this 18" Geissele GFR used here on the hide. Here are some my results with factory Hornady ammo. Can someone please tell me why the 80 eldvt is so bad in this gun? I really want that bullet to work.

View attachment 8438800
View attachment 8438801
View attachment 8438802

105 BTHP "BLACK"
View attachment 8438803

80 ELD-VT
View attachment 8438804

103 ELD-X
View attachment 8438805

I can't speak for the GFR, but my 18" Proof SS behaves the same (ELD VTs are 2.5 MOA). I do not know why the VT doesn't work as well, but I did find a 0.8 MOA load of 75 VMAX over TAC pretty easily (no seating depth testing yet). I've not shot black or ELD X out of this one yet.

Interestingly, my barrel is 100 fps faster than book at the charge weight (29.9gr of TAC, 75 VMAX, 1.662" BTO) which is nice. My beam scale could be off, but it shouldn't be that far off. Need to chrono the factory 108's again, those were close to 0.5 MOA from this rifle but have been shooting Vmax's at yotes for now

Super weird that y'all are getting trash groups out of the ELD-VT 80's, this is my group out of my 18" Proof Carbon. I need to take the chrono with me on my next range trip, I really expected 2870-2900 fps on the 80's out of an 18" barrel.

TuJRSXr.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 8438800
View attachment 8438801
View attachment 8438802

105 BTHP "BLACK"
View attachment 8438803

80 ELD-VT
View attachment 8438804

103 ELD-X
View attachment 8438805
I wish I knew the answer to that as well. Looks like we got similar results on the v match.