• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sidearms & Scatterguns Handguns...show 'em

My first ever ceracoat camo job (could have been better, i see some improvement potential but for first ever job its ok i guess )
IMG_0544.jpeg

IMG_0548.jpeg

IMG_0549.jpeg

IMG_0543.jpeg

IMG_0545.jpeg

So my Stepdad passed about a year and a half ago. My Mom texts me the other and says, I was cleaning out closets and found a gun. Okay, what is it? So she sends me a picture of this Norinco 1911. I take it home, give it a good tear down and ultrasonic cleaning, and put her back together. Take it back to Mom, and she can’t rack the slide, tells me to just keep it. I’ve got some grips ordered, will probably put a beavertail on it, and somewhere around here there’s a box of 1911 goodies. Now if I can just remember where I put it. :ROFLMAO:

vInLv2j.jpg

JhhBYMp.jpg

ddgWUUV.jpg

PIOCRGr.jpg

So my Stepdad passed about a year and a half ago. My Mom texts me the other and says, I was cleaning out closets and found a gun. Okay, what is it? So she sends me a picture of this Norinco 1911. I take it home, give it a good tear down and ultrasonic cleaning, and put her back together. Take it back to Mom, and she can’t rack the slide, tells me to just keep it. I’ve got some grips ordered, will probably put a beavertail on it, and somewhere around here there’s a box of 1911 goodies. Now if I can just remember where I put it. :ROFLMAO:

vInLv2j.jpg

JhhBYMp.jpg

ddgWUUV.jpg

PIOCRGr.jpg
A good budget 1911. I shot and carried one for years.

Reactions: st1650 and HPIguy
I like the Norincos 1911s
Had a few over the years
They’re good starter 1911, mines always end up with almost all EGW, Ed Brown and Wilson parts down the road.

Reactions: HPIguy and Modoc
Probably the route I'll take too. Just gotta find that damn box. Seems good and tight, hoping I got a shooter.

Reactions: Modoc
Do you find after you handle your Norinco and think you have had enough…..half hour later you want more of it?

New video is up with the H&K MP5 shooting some steel gongs @ 200 yards with the Rugged Obsidian 45, and the new Holosun SCRS-MRS on top (100 yard zero).

The camera didn't pickup the impacts very good this time, so you really gotta listen for them after the shots.

This isn't my pistol or snake but thought it worthy of posting here. This could be entitled, "A Black Mamba Kills a Python."

snapinsta-app_443734754_441417101833460_3182369516950440370_n_1080-jpg.493895
No pythons here, yet. But cutting my grass last week as I approached the end of my fence a 6' king snake scurried back into my yard ;) I usually don't mess with snakes unless they become a threat to me or my domestic animals. Last one I killed was a baby timber rattlesnake that was where I had been laying on the ground working on a truck just moments before. My dogs were after this healthy copperhead, hate killing them I think they're beautiful animals.

Attachments

• IMG_20220628_140919820.jpg
    IMG_20220628_140919820.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 38
Took one of my friends a week ago that I have known since middle school out to zero his new Jagerwerks slide with an Aimpoint ACRO cut he just got back after getting it back. Jagerwerks did a fantastic job! I love how low the Dawson BUIS is, it looks and feels great for an old Gen 3 Glock.
I zeroed it for him at 10 yards with 115gr Critical Defense (What we had on hand) and the 124gr S&B was pretty close to that zero as well.
I also helped his wife with her new P365 while I shot my Franken-P365 Spectre Comp with a Wilson Combat 365XL frame and my Glock 19.5 MOS with an Acro which is my carry gun. - Richard

IMG_2792.jpg

IMG_2791.jpg

IMG_2795.jpg

IMG_2827 - Copy.jpg

Took one of my friends a week ago that I have known since middle school out to zero his new Jagerwerks slide with an Aimpoint ACRO cut he just got back after getting it back. Jagerwerks did a fantastic job! I love how low the Dawson BUIS is, it looks and feels great for an old Gen 3 Glock.
I zeroed it for him at 10 yards with 115gr Critical Defense (What we had on hand) and the 124gr S&B was pretty close to that zero as well.
I also helped his wife with her new P365 while I shot my Franken-P365 Spectre Comp with a Wilson Combat 365XL frame and my Glock 19.5 MOS with an Acro which is my carry gun. - Richard

View attachment 8428210
View attachment 8428211

View attachment 8428212

View attachment 8428227
I just ordered a G45 this week. When I get it I’m planning to send it out to Jagerworks for the same optics cut (Steiner MPS). Any idea if those are the Jagerworks sights, and if so which ones they are?

Brownells got me with a good sale. So for under $200, I have the slim high capacity warm weather carry gun I’ve been wanting. I've had the 43 since long before the P365 and the others were introduced.

SCT 43x SC frame

Glock internals

Factory Glock 43 slide assembly

Shield Arms mag release

Shield Arms S15 mags

Same length as my factory 43 with a Tango Down +2, same width, but 15+1. Need to hit the range and put a bunch of ammo through it to torture test it.

uyVWEG7.jpg

DAHQtf2.jpg

TdBNyZN.jpg

n2vAj2w.jpg

Sorry for the novel, but it's kind of an interesting story...At least, to me it is...

Well... Last Saturday I was in the local gun store, and they occasionally have a few really nice used S&W wheel guns... So I happened to look in the glass, and what did I see? An extremely good looking S&W M19-7 2.5" .357 Mag with the original cardboard box and paperwork... Which is a fairly rare barrel length these days. It looked good from 1.5 feet away, so I had my buddy who works there show it to me... Nobody knew anything about it, because one of the former employees put it on their personal "HOLD" shelf in the back, and it got pushed to very back and forgotten about for several years. They had just happened to luck up and find it when they had to move some boxes up there and saw it under a bunch of stuff shoved into a corner.

So, back to the story, when he pulled it from behind the glass, it was in absolutely amazing condition. There is absolutely zero carbon deposits on the gun...Not even on the face of the cylinder and forcing cone... Even the bluing finish inside the barrel is bright blue, the muzzle has zero evidence of having a bullet and hot gasses expelled from it, and honestly, it doesn't look like it's ever even been shot. I'd say this gun is easily 99% mint condition (Collector Grade). After getting it home I wanted to figure out what year it was. Being that it was a round butt, and came with the blue paper (cardboard) box, that puts it at a 1995 model. So, this gun is essentially a brand new 30 year old gun. I'm guessing some old man must have bought it, and loaded it, and kept it in his nightstand for 25+ years, and never had to use it, and then he either traded it in, or maybe passed and his widow or relative traded it in? Who knows... It did come with the original grips (NOT pictured), but they don't fit my hands, so I ordered a really nice set of burled black walnut grips for it (as pictured). I think the new grips really do it justice...

One thing to note, any "scratches" or smudges are just swirls from the factory polishing job, or dust or fingerprints from handling it. And also, the picture with the flashlight in the bore, those "marks" or "streaks" in there are an optical illusion, it's just dust and lint and stuff.

IMG_7493.jpeg
IMG_7494.jpeg
IMG_7496.jpeg
IMG_7513.jpeg
IMG_7511.jpeg
IMG_7517.jpeg
IMG_7515.jpeg

Sorry for the novel, but it's kind of an interesting story...At least, to me it is...

Well... Last Saturday I was in the local gun store, and they occasionally have a few really nice used S&W wheel guns... So I happened to look in the glass, and what did I see? An extremely good looking S&W M19-7 2.5" .357 Mag with the original cardboard box and paperwork... Which is a fairly rare barrel length these days. It looked good from 1.5 feet away, so I had my buddy who works there show it to me... Nobody knew anything about it, because one of the former employees put it on their personal "HOLD" shelf in the back, and it got pushed to very back and forgotten about for several years. They had just happened to luck up and find it when they had to move some boxes up there and saw it under a bunch of stuff shoved into a corner.

So, back to the story, when he pulled it from behind the glass, it was in absolutely amazing condition. There is absolutely zero carbon deposits on the gun...Not even on the face of the cylinder and forcing cone... Even the bluing finish inside the barrel is bright blue, the muzzle has zero evidence of having a bullet and hot gasses expelled from it, and honestly, it doesn't look like it's ever even been shot. I'd say this gun is easily 99% mint condition (Collector Grade). After getting it home I wanted to figure out what year it was. Being that it was a round butt, and came with the blue paper (cardboard) box, that puts it at a 1995 model. So, this gun is essentially a brand new 30 year old gun. I'm guessing some old man must have bought it, and loaded it, and kept it in his nightstand for 25+ years, and never had to use it, and then he either traded it in, or maybe passed and his widow or relative traded it in? Who knows... It did come with the original grips (NOT pictured), but they don't fit my hands, so I ordered a really nice set of burled black walnut grips for it (as pictured). I think the new grips really do it justice...

One thing to note, any "scratches" or smudges are just swirls from the factory polishing job, or dust or fingerprints from handling it. And also, the picture with the flashlight in the bore, those "marks" or "streaks" in there are an optical illusion, it's just dust and lint and stuff.

View attachment 8434106View attachment 8434107View attachment 8434108View attachment 8434109View attachment 8434110View attachment 8434112View attachment 8434111
Great looking pistol, I would have snapped it up. Who’s grips are those?

Reactions: FuhQ
Great looking pistol, I would have snapped it up. Who’s grips are those?
Thanks! Yeah, it was a bit pricey, but I've seen quite a few on GB going for several hundred more, and they were in obvious "has been shot" to "has been well shot" condition.

The grips, believe it or not, are made by Hogue. They're part of their "Exotic Wood" collection.

Reactions: Modoc
Thanks! Yeah, it was a bit pricey, but I've seen quite a few on GB going for several hundred more, and they were in obvious "has been shot" to "has been well shot" condition.

The grips, believe it or not, are made by Hogue. They're part of their "Exotic Wood" collection.

I thought that’s where they came from, I have few sets from the dark ages. They look great!

Reactions: Modoc and FuhQ

The shape is very much Hogue.
I was thinking that a more compact grip would look very balanced on this S&W. Perhaps not as good for gripping, though.

Always wanted a 2011, but hated the idea of expensive and problematic magazines. Along came the platypus. It was customizable which i loved as i wanted it to be tan and look different than all other factory pistols. I wanted to do some basic pistol matches. Also wanted a home for a ir/white laser/illuminator and suppressor host for night time critter removal. Finding a holster is another journey.... here is my stealth arms.
20240601_170049.jpg
20240603_195004.jpg

Attachments

• 20240601_170049.jpg
    20240601_170049.jpg
    872.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240603_195004.jpg
    20240603_195004.jpg
    515.3 KB · Views: 4
Always wanted a 2011, but hated the idea of expensive and problematic magazines. Along came the platypus. It was customizable which i loved as i wanted it to be tan and look different than all other factory pistols. I wanted to do some basic pistol matches. Also wanted a home for a ir/white laser/illuminator and suppressor host for night time critter removal. Finding a holster is another journey.... here is my stealth arms.View attachment 8434857View attachment 8434858

Very nice.

The mag issue was initially a concern for me, but for my 2011's, and it's intended role, I think I am ok with mags that don't have glock reliability. I have glocks to do glock stuff, the 2011 to do 2011 stuff.

Reactions: Jgunner
Very nice.

The mag issue was initially a concern for me, but for my 2011's, and it's intended role, I think I am ok with mags that don't have glock reliability. I have glocks to do glock stuff, the 2011 to do 2011 stuff.
I like stuff that does all the things. I also like availability and function. Glock mags do all of that. I am only 300 rounds in with zero malfunctions, but i do not think it would replace a glock for reliability in any way. I do plan on dragging it around as my sidearm on hunts.

Two cheapies and a good un!
TX22 Gen 2 22rd. I love these stupid things!
IMG_7240.jpeg

And a Canik TTI combat because, well, I don’t know why 🤣
IMG_7248.jpeg

And the good un! Apparently this fellas is moving and selling all his guns that aren’t gonna fit in his safe. Nighthawk Custom Counselor in camo. Pretty sure this is unfired!
IMG_7244.jpeg

I think I’m done for a second or two!

Last edited:
I put the baby Glock through it's paces this weekend. Flawless for 250rds. This is three mags (45rds) rapid fire at 7yds.

Baby Glock, doo-doo, doo-doo, doo-doo :ROFLMAO:

2zop7Pa.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: nikonNUT
I like stuff that does all the things. I also like availability and function. Glock mags do all of that. I am only 300 rounds in with zero malfunctions, but i do not think it would replace a glock for reliability in any way. I do plan on dragging it around as my sidearm on hunts.

Of course.

Just saying I am OK with my 2011 not being as reliable/more sensitive to maintenance than my glock.

Does the platypus bridge that gap, maybe. A friend may pick one up, will have to check it out.

Reactions: Jgunner
Here's my Delta Force (CAG) 1911 with some other rare US military 1911's in my collection. I really enjoy collecting and researching US military 1911's, they're great pistols and each type has it's own unique history. My Delta 1911 is in the middle row, to the right of a Remington Rand 1911. The bottom 2 pistols are both USMC MARSOC used and documented Colt M45A1 1911's. The pistol at the top of the photo is an interesting USMC MEUSOC 1911, it's serial number MC1. The "MC" obviously stands for Marine Corps, and it's the very first of the USMC "MC" serial number prefix Caspian frames.

Lc65NEF.jpeg

M4SXneD.jpeg

Both of the 1911's in the photos below have Remington Rand frames that were made in the 1940's, and both pistols have been rebuilt numerous times since then. The pistol on the left still has it's original Remington Rand slide (at least I'm assuming that it could be original to this frame), and the Delta pistol on the right has a Caspian slide that was made in the 1990's. These are my 2 favorite 1911's, and they both have very interesting history.

The 1911 on the left has a FOIA that documents it being in Iraq at some point. @cplnorton will have to verify this, but I think that this pistol is the only known (currently) CMP 1911 that has FOIA documentation of a deployment to Iraq during GWOT. These are 2 very historical US Army 1911's, and I still can't believe that I actually have them in my collection!

dKbHLl3.jpeg

PrKJyAx.jpeg

My pistol is 1 of 3 Delta Force (CAG) 1911's that are currently known to be in private collections, and I think that this might be the only one of these pistols with a Caspian slide! This is a legit custom pistol that was built by Special Forces armorers in the 1990's, with a build quality that will rival anytime from the best 1911 gunsmiths out there! It's a very interesting and well-made pistol, the gunsmiths that built these Delta 1911's did an amazing job. These Delta Force 1911 pistols are easily the best, highest-quality handguns that have ever been issued to troops in any of the US military branches!

8xqrNK9.jpeg

E69ZX8H.jpeg

MkPB7y2.jpeg

4KBjbbF.jpeg

CAq6FlD.jpeg

For comparison, here's Larry Vickers personal Delta Force 1911 that he purchased from the CMP, and here's the same pistol in his Vickers Guide 1911 book. My friend posted these photo on a different forum, and he received permission to post these photos from Larry Vickers himself. So, if anyone shares these photos, please create them to Larry Vickers and the Vickers Guide 1911 reference book. Notice that Vicker's Delta 1911 has a green Birdsong finish on the frame, but not all Delta 1911's had this green finish. Interestingly, the green finish on the frame of these Delta Force 1911's is what inspired Wilson Combat to make their two-tone 1911's with the green finish on the frame.

G6jWgrdh.jpg

1000011593.jpg

1000011594.jpg

This was a display at the US Army Airborne & Special Operations Museum in Fayettville NC.

1000011595.jpg

1000011596.jpg

Here's a photo of my friend's Delta Force 1911 compared to the Delta 1911 that's in the museum photos that are posted above ^^^. The 3 Delta Force 1911's in private hands are this one (owned by forum member and close friend @cplnorton), the one Larry Vickers owns, and the one that I own. Compare @cplnorton's Delta 1911 (top pistol in the photo below) to the Delta 1911 in the Army museum (bottom pistol in the photo below), the 2 pistols are nearly identical!

Also, I want to give a huge THANK YOU to @cplnorton for finding all of this information and the photos of soldiers using these 1911's! I'd also like to thank him for trading one of his Delta Force 1911's to me, without his help and generosity I wouldn't have this unbelievable piece of US military history in my collection!

1000011604.jpg

Here's a bunch of other photos of these custom built 1911's in use by Delta Force soldiers:

1000011597.jpg

1000011598.jpg

1000011599.jpg

1000011600.jpg

1000011601.jpg

My Delta Force pistol has a very interesting arsenal mark - "WALD 8 67." Has anyone ever seen this type of rebuild stamp before? I've tried to do some research on it, and I haven't found anything about this "WALD" stamp (I assume that 8 67 is an August 1967 rebuild date). If any of you gentlemen have information about this "WALD 8 67" stamp, please post it here in this thread. Any information about this stamp would be greatly appreciated!

xiW42C1.jpeg

pOJVsoP.jpeg

Does anyone here have an original Delta Force 1911 or a clone? Even though there's only a few original Delta 1911's in private hands, I'm sure there's a bunch of Delta 1911 clone pistols out there and it would be great to see them. Please post any real or clone Delta Force (CAG) 1911's for us to enjoy, if you have any in your collection!