• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New Steyr Monobloc bolt action

TorF

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2003
Norway
Barrel and action is hammer forged in one piece. This should ensure a perfect fit between barrel and action.. :)

https://www.steyr-arms.com/en/weapons/hunting-rifles/steyr-monobloc/

Steyr-Mannlicher-MONOBLOC.jpg

I would be willing to bet money that less than 1/100 rifles sold at retail ever get a new barrel.

Reactions: Dirty D
It's a hunting rifle. Its target market will never burn one out.

Let it goooooooooooooo.........

Reactions: SkyScrapin
If Steyr wanted to do it they could sell a stripped monobloc barrelaction for less than $500 with standardized tolerances so all other components, including bolt, would fit dropin within spec. This is done today at Blaser and SIG Sauer. Blaser today makes the best qc dropin match barrels for the SIG SSG3000 for less than $400.
If Blaser, and Steyr, wanted to do it they could make cheap top quality barrels for AI rifles and kill the market.

Typical European hunter that is the target customer , shots maybe 20 rounds per year out of such rifle with mild factory ammo , it will last a lifetime.

Reactions: ZG47A
The only price I could find listed was a conversion from Euro to USD, that was $5300 ????

Umm, if that is right it won't be me. While it is a nice looking unit, I don't see any reason to pay more than the 4
$1650 I would pay for one of their sporters.

Its made for a different market Euro hunters dont buy 400$ rifles and 200$ optics but much more fancy high end stuff , i think part of it comes from the 'hunting family system' , where they need to show off a bit to the peers , that is why there are plenty of very esquisite custom rifles to be seen even in hands of not too well monied hunters and also the hunts as they are mostly dusk or dawn dictate higher end scopes , as long as the wife doesnt know how much they cost all is well. And then there are engravings , they have to have some ither on stock or metal or both an there is where cost realy explodes.

But side product is that Europe has lots of small artisans ,smiths ,stockmakers, engravers , tailors for hunting clothing, gear ,trophy makers ,taxidermy even customisers for cars that cater this group that is also magnitudes larger than iter defense or sports shooting cowd .

Last edited:
Reactions: TorF
Steyr makes incredible stuff. Like, some of the best when you cycle it. I've just never entertained getting one because I assume it's painful getting replacement barrels and magazines and no aftermarket support.

Steyr makes incredible stuff. Like, some of the best when you cycle it. I've just never entertained getting one because I assume it's painful getting replacement barrels and magazines and no aftermarket support.
I have a Pro Hunter in 30-06, and I'm honestly probably not going to use more than 5-10% of the barrel life on it... and you're right; it cycles smooth as glass.

I have a Pro Hunter in 30-06, and I'm honestly probably not going to use more than 5-10% of the barrel life on it... and you're right; it cycles smooth as glass.
I saw they make the new THB pro in 6.5 paired with a manners stock. Looks like they're dipping their toe into that market. The magazine rarity I could overlook but without barrel support it's DOA. They're used to making hunting rifles that people won't shoot out, and $10k sniper rifles with switch barrels lol.