• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Stupid reloading question.

mj1995

Professional shithead
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2012
Tucson az
Hey guys so I figured here is a better place for this than the stupid questions section. So has anyone done any testing on how accuracy/ consistency is affected when you resize your brass and use too much case lube and get the little dimples in the shoulder of the case? Also does this effect have an actual name? I'm pretty interested to know as I have few cases with this issue. Thanks everyone!

The dimples you speak of sound like you are using too much lube. I have never done any testing on consistency, but have found that it doesn't affect my accuracy.

Yea I know it's from using too much lube as stated in the op. Just trying to see if anyone has done any testing as far as it affecting accuracy. I didn't think it would though like you stated but just wondering if anyone has actually tested it.

The one time I did that I only had two before I caught it, I just set them aside as barrel warmers but I didn’t notice any significant departure from where the rest shot. After being fired they were indistinguishable from the rest.

I bet it would take a excellent shooting barrel to even identify the difference.

you're reducing the case volume, so if you were right at or near seeing pressure signs with your load and you just increased the pressure by removing volume..that could result in some unfortunate circumstances. Good news is they should fire form right out unless they're really major.

Reactions: mj1995
in theory, reducing the case volume would increase pressure. If you are reloading below the max velocities, I imagine you would not see pressure signs. Not all of my brass would have the dimples from resizing. I use the hornady resizing lube, and get the best uniformity.