• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Mack Bros replacement 700 Bolts

5RWill

Optics Fiend
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    Didn't see a thread about these, but saw SAC post them. Price is reasonable, features are welcomed, might actually be a much easier upgrade path for the build i'm currently working on than losing my ass on my 5R barreled action and going custom. Price is 369$, does require fitting, but overall much cheaper than trying to bring a 700 up to speed with lots of mods.

-.695" bolt body O.D. with a larger O.D. behind bolt lugs and in front of the bolt handle to keep the bolt smooth, but locking up straight.
    - Springless M16 style extractor. Same on GA Precision Tempest actions.
    -Threadless bolt shroud. Adjustable firing pin assembly.
    -5/16 x 24 threaded handle to use your own knob if desired.
    -Unique fluting.
    -NIB-X coating.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FShortactioncustoms%2Fposts%2F1653568304666941&width=500" width="500" height="754" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

Right?! I saw a design similar to this from LRI a while back (it looked exactly the same) and I'm so glad these are coming to market. They look like great replacement bolts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Thought I saw LRI offering some as well a while back but dunno what happened to them. Now that you say that they did look very similar, though i don't remember if the supplier was Mack Bros or rather they were proprietary from LRI.

They were Mack Bros, Same bolt LRI is offering. LRI and Mack are neighbors. Don't think there shipping yet.