• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

“Top 10 Things I Learned on Snipers Hide in 2019" (2nd annual)

I've learned that I've only been here for a year, and I still dont know what I dont know.

I honestly learned more stuff on long range shooting and hunting in one year than I ever could have imagined.

On a serious note:

I learned I need to make more money to be able to spend it on more gun stuff.

I also learned that no one else I talk to in person can understand the rush of hitting what you are aiming at that is at 400 to 1000 yards or farther away, unless they are involved in doing this already.

I also learned that not everything you read on the internet is BS. There are people in this forum that have forgotten more information and experience and knowledge that I will ever be able to remember on my lifetime. And it humbles me and makes me want to learn more about this. So to @lowlight and all on here thank you.

I learned that MOA is the way to go cause I use a Stanley fat max at work and MOA makes more sense because its in inches...MOA is inches and mil is centimeters, nothing to do with angles whatsoever! ?

I learned that almost everyone can shoot 1/4 MOA “all day long” with just about every rifle they own

I learned that firing a second shot at a target drastically increases your chances of destroying your 1 hole group

I also learned that if you go on democratic influenced “Harvard Surveys” and post stuff about getting a hard on from doing mag dumps, breeding dogs until they turn around and bite you and not being retarded enough to vote Democrat that they wont actually post it for public view

In all seriousness it’s been awesome hanging out here. Lots of great info from a lot of great members

1. I’ve learned that I need to not spend so much time focusing on the latest gear, but rather get out there shoot and spending my money on training.

2. SH is an invaluable resource that we all need to respect and conserve.

3. If I buy my wife a rifle and involve her in my exploration into precision rifle life is much easier! She is way more understanding!

4. Epstein didn’t kill himself.

5. We need to continuously fight to preserve our gun rights as Americans. Because, the future only holds a battle for us and it will not get easier.

2020 Goal:
Attend Training With the wife

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: goatboy
“Top 10 Things I Learned on Snipers Hide in 2019" (2nd annual)​

1. People spend a lot of money on “new in box” rifle scopes so that they can sell them on The Hide. What I have not learned this year is why they bought them in the first place…?
  2. That discussing salt bath annealing is no less volatile than casually suggesting “That Hitler guy had some pretty good ideas” at a Shoah Foundation Meeting
  3. Buying expensive equipment won’t make you a better shooter, but it probably won’t make you a worse one either and when you figure out that first part you’ll at least have something of value to sell
  4. Buy a less expensive gun and spend the money on ammo and training” is not always the correct answer to “Should I buy this gun?” (Actually the correct answer is always "yes")
  5. Customizing a gun is like customizing a Harley; if you’re lucky you’ll get a nickel on the dollar back when you sell it
  6. All “I’ve been doing [fill in the blank] for 30 years” tells me, is that there is an equal chance you’ve been doing it wrong longer than anyone else
  7. My .22LR needs anywhere from 9x to 80x magnification…or somewhere in between…WTF?
  8. If we started fights in real life with the same frequency we do online, we’d all be dead or at least badly injured
  9. The “Bolt Action Rifles” forum has the most posts by a mile; I guess that one makes sense
  10. Epstein didn’t kill himself

Ok so like um...

Item 1
It is actually their second "new in box" of that model. If you search out their history, you'll find them lauding the virtues of "the warranty" and "great customer service". "They won't just fix it! They'll send you a brand new scope!" Yes....and now you are selling the bonus one to us at a discount....
Ok...but....if they are so great.....
Moving on.

Item 2
WTF are you talking about? I'm so uncool I don't even know WTF that is.

Item 3
I agree.

Item 4
"Yes"? WTF? Did you even read item 3? We have rules established dammit! Stick to the script. Sometimes the answer is maybe. Or...."fucking poors".

Item 5
"Custom" is often the way in which folks put their personality on display....not that there is anything wrong with that. Not everyone wants to pay premium for an item that screams "asshole" "dipshit" or "retard".
I spent $1600 customizing a Savage once, despite the protestations of a good friend/custom gun builder. Lessons that cost money are the only real education. That lesson cost me $850. Then again I am a recovering asshole.

Item 6
Listen bud. If you think you can wrangle turds better than me, come over and get some. I'll be retiring this year (Lord willing) and there will be an opening. Don't you go besmirchifying my time tested espeerense.

Item 7
Listen, don't tell me mounting that 20-80x spotting scope, with a 160mm objective and the custom etched reticle was a bad idea. It's my 22 not yours. Who are you to tell me what I need? What makes you so smart? 30 years experience? Horse shit. This is 2019! Step into the new century already!

Item 8
Are you threatening me?

Item 9
Fudds, they outnumber assholes.

Item 10
Of course he killed himself. His last act was dying in such a way as to frame someone else for killing him. He planned that shit man. Fucking suicidal Mastermind.

1 - People are fucking idiots and PRS is gay.

2 - AJ is never, ever coming back.

3 - The 6.5CM KAC upper doesn't fucking exist.

4 - People are completely full of shit, most of the time. Don't rely on any promises you are given and you'll be ahead 90% of the time.

5 - Lowlight belongs to the Lollipop Guild.

6 - 1J will never get his Manners stock.

7 - Entirely too many random people PM me about gear and equipment setup questions. I'm pretty sure most of them are fobbitts or in the FBI. Fucking noobs.

8 - 99.98% of SH and ARF couldn't run half a mile with a plate carrier on.

9 - You can spend all the money in the world on stuff and I'll still make a first round hit before you.

10 - @barneybdb literally has a metric ton of likes because his part time job is posting titties

I learned that I'm a pussy because I ask my wife before I buy a $600 bipod, and that bore scopes ruin barrels.
I also learned that most train wreck threads in The Pit start on Fridays, and are deleted by Saturday morning. Have a Happy New Years friends.

Last edited:
I learned:
- that there is still a solid group of guys who pretend they are assholes but still step up to help unmet brothers on the hide
-That there is still a huge amount of respect paid to veterans of previous wars
-I will constantly learn about unique, weird, historical weapons, vehicles, etc.
-That I will be exposed to amazing pictures, music, and art that crosses a huge spectrum
-That there is a huge collective of idiot savants here that know all the minutia of the weirdest niche shit. From metallurgy to constitutional law to lawnmowers to mattresses to buttplugs there is a resident expert hiding somewhere here on the forum.
-That I should buy more ammo and reloading components mortgage be dammned
-that one should hide their credit cards before a night of binge drinking or they may end up with a platoon's worth of Lancer mags
-That I have no desire to join PRS and will just stay with local matches run by MD's that make it fun, fair, and safe.
-Epstien blah blah blah

I wanna say something lame and retarded, but my mindset right now just wants me to be serious. I have learned that no matter what fucked up shit happens in the world, I know there's always the Hide community to bring some levity back into the world. Maybe the reason I laugh so much at stuff is because if I don't laugh, I'll cry instead. My 13 years here mean a lot to me and I wouldn't trade that for all the Bitcoins on Earth. May God bless you all and bring forth a blessed New Year.

They will figure it out

I am at a point, I much happier just banning the disgruntled dicks

if they don't like how i do business on here, LEAVE

log out and go, it's pretty fucking simple

instead, they want to come into my house, spit on the floor, piss in the sink and have the nerve to call me names....

easy, get the fuck out, I don't need you here.

I am pretty transparent in this regards, banning people is easy, beats getting in the mud with the Pigs

Don't let the dicks get to you, there's not another forum any where that has the information that is provided on the SH. I can see the ball busting sometimes but why would anyone complain about the site ? Your reviews are informative, if you ever get tried of doing product reviews then send that shit my way I'll gladly do it. Just the high end rifles , scopes and match ammo !!

Several things I learned on the Hide.
a. Remington made 5r stocks
b. It's ok to not clean your rifle (lots of rounds) and then boast it still shoots 1moa at a 1000yds.
c. Buy a bore scope and can't understand fire cracking of barrel. (see above)
d. Complain about a product here without contacting them and bitch about poor customer service because they don't answer you in 5 minutes.
e. Everyone has access to a 1000yd range but won't tell you where.
f. Shoots 3 shot group at 100 yds and wonders why it won't"print"at a 1000yds.
g. Wife won't let them reload so needs to buy cheap ammo.
h. A fully custom rifle for sale it has a custom bolt knob.
i. Used barrels shoot lights out.
j. Will my off the shelf Remington 700 action take a barrel from a tuned action and with a .300 recoil fit.

But the kicker is there is a lot of Knowledge here you need to separate the B.S.

There is so much more stuff I forgot

Have a Happy New Year
Thud

- Designing a mount with upside down screws may fail.
- Ban Cat is full on rabid.
- The Pit is like having VP access at a truck stop strip club.
- No topic gets more views than Bourbon and BBQ, except mabey tits and midgets.
- Fuck Hats are a actual thing......was that this year? All a blur.
- I suffer from an insane envy complex of some of your LR shooting venues.
- Oak Island may or may not "Give up It's Secrets"
- Any swinging dick noob, making false claims can be fully flamed by the house cyber experts in 15 min. or less.
- Gear is important but we need to "Do our Part"
- Carlos Danger gets the "worst entry" to "best recovery" award.

I learned the actual definition of WTF
(sometimes with over following)
Isn't Just some phonetic alphabet thing.
And here I all this time I thought it was windage, trajectory and fundamentals.
Sometimes I wander off the (pit)
Then I have to come back and make sure somebody's not off their meds.
It does get entertaining at times like the Coliseum in ancient Rome when drag out their version of ban cats.

I learned to steer away from cats!

tenor (9).gif

Just exactly where the fuck do you expect me to get my entertainment, the judge said I can’t ever own binoculars or a telescope and the folks at that retirement home sure hold a grudge. Please drunk post so I won’t be the only one.
Last time I did that you guys almost got to never see me again.

Just exactly where the fuck do you expect me to get my entertainment, the judge said I can’t ever own binoculars or a telescope and the folks at that retirement home sure hold a grudge. Please drunk post so I won’t be the only one.
Dirty d ! You gonna be a stud in the nursing home! You will never get caught cheating either, cause all your bitches got alziemers!

Started precision long range shooting this year, read and read and read here. Learned more than I can write down.
1- learned how to reload very high quality ammo based on lessons from this site.
2- was able to afford some great reloading equipment from members on the PX. Sorry it’s a pain in the ass @lowlight but I love the px. If I need to pay to use it I would, please don’t get rid of it.
3- learned a ton about optics, what makes a good optic, etc

Last- go be poor somewhere else

i learned how to control recoil with a bipod and a variety of straps, stakes and bungee cords. :p

• Haha
Reactions: Snipe260
i learned how to control recoil with a bipod and a variety of straps, stakes and bungee cords. :p
Back in the day before cell phones with cameras , I was at the owls hollow public range in gadsden Alabama and there was a guy there that had used load straps to strap the gun and the lead sled to a concrete bench , funniest shit you ever saw .
poor guy never got so many WTF looks in his life. and he was proud about it.
I wish I had a camera at the time.

Back in the day before cell phones with cameras , I was at the owls hollow public range in gadsden Alabama and there was a guy there that had used load straps to strap the gun and the lead sled to a concrete bench , funniest shit you ever saw .
poor guy never got so many WTF looks in his life. and he was proud about it.
I wish I had a camera at the time.

:ROFLMAO:

i was just kidding about this gem

Reactions: Barneybdb
I learned what a Phoenix Eye is, and that you will get salutes from brass if you’re wearing a sniper hat pin.

People polish Velcro shoes

I don’t know what year it is

Everyone is cool on the internet

Exactly two people here like my taste in music

Someone made a snowman reticle

And best of all, I learned what a ”Tomacock” is, thanks @LongRifles Inc.

Now I gotta find Lowlight’s car in Denver some time.

Don’t drink a pile of tequila and post in the Bears pit

Ah shit, now you tell me....

I've learned that the only "true" bipods cost $400 . anything cheaper than that is a fake chicom knockoff , and all you walmart shopping, Harris bipod loving inbreeds need to go be poor somewhere else you fucking homeless , dodge driving loosers.!

Damn, I can only afford a Harris because I bought a Chevy.

Although I did receive a blackhawk bipod as a gift from a "gear ignorant" buddy. It promptly fell apart.

Biggest thing I learned is lowlight just needs to turn off the email notifications, and report button.

The one and only use for the report button is spam. Reporting posts that made you butthurt should get the reporter a visit from the kitty.

Biggest thing I learned is lowlight just needs to turn off the email notifications, and report button.

The one and only use for the report button is spam. Reporting posts that made you butthurt should get the reporter a visit from the kitty.

Amen.

Bu I got banned last time I suggested banning the butt hurt feelings reporters lol
He doesn’t like management suggestions

Reactions: TACC and Bender
1. I have all the physical things I need for shooting
2. I need more training
3. Most of the people selling stuff in the px are good dudes
4. @lowlight talks a tough game, but he has a heart of gold
5. @Diver160651 just wants more people to have fun shooting
6. Some of the 900lb gorillas are also nice dudes (wind rose thread)
7. Some sponsored shooters are sometimes shills (Nosler RDF 130s)
8. I don't need the new hotness (see #1)
9. @Skookum is a righteous dude
10. My initial assessment that @TacticalDillhole is a good dude was correct

Don't let the dicks get to you, there's not another forum any where that has the information that is provided on the SH. I can see the ball busting sometimes but why would anyone complain about the site ? Your reviews are informative, if you ever get tried of doing product reviews then send that shit my way I'll gladly do it. Just the high end rifles , scopes and match ammo !!
43EA75BB-EA62-43D5-8ABB-2895CD41BE74.jpeg

Don’t post a pic of yourself in a Ghost Recon sniper outfit and ask for opinions ?
I remember that thread. Some dude post a pic of his rig/gear and all the operators point out its all airsoft trash. LOL. That was some of my earliest memories. I made sure NOT to post a selfy and ask. LOL

I learned a lot this year.
1) I learned lots of folks here in the hide absolutely HATE LaRue. That being said I am not sure if my LaRue sux. I am not good enough to know yet. I promise to figure it out by the end of 2020 and if its not I will put a Kreiger in it.

2) I learned how to reload 308. Shout out to Elfster. I learned to load by watching his tutorials. I now have an annealez. I am not good enough to know if I am doing it right but I haven't eaten a bolt yet so I think I am close.

3) I learned to shoot rifle better. @lowlight, I have learned more from watching your videos than any other source hands down. Period! I only wish I could afford the opportunity to take one of your shooting courses. I would have my whole family attend if I could. Unfortunately cant afford it.

4) ARF.com is full of azzholes who will try to report you for standing up for yourself with facts. Just because they don't like them. LOL I don't spent much time there anymore. What can I say, I found them b4 I found lowlight.

5) I learned I am supposed to be married to a supermodel. However, I haven't found one yet that wants an old fat guy. LOL

6) I learned what mirage off a suppressor looks like through a scope. It looks cool. But its very unhelpful.

7) I learned that an Atlas CAL feels good in the hand. It is the first and only bipod I have ever owned. Christmas present from the wife! How did she even know? I now wish my pistol grips were made of knurled aluminum.

Last edited: