• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 💥2024 Just Announced💥 MARSc - Onboard VCSEL NIR Illum & Laser

SkyScrapin

Strictly Offensive Kit
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2010
Dallas, TX
strictlyoffensivekit.com
Soldier Systems just announced Envision's latest product offering available to the commercial market place -- MARSc. Strictly Offensive Kit is excited to finally be able to talk about publicly since it's been in development & testing as long or longer than the MARS-Lc.

MARSc, like MARS-Lc, includes onboard ballistics, a 1550nm LRF, environmental sensors, etc., but now also incorporates a VCSEL NIR Illuminator & Laser. The Illuminator has a cleverly positioned NIR adjustment lever which takes minimal adjustment to dial the beam divergence.

Similar to what end-users experience with the MAWL-C1+, this unit provides a CLEAN edge-to-edge NIR illumination that can support extended range capability for end-users running I2 Clip-Ons such as the PVS-30, -27, or M2124-LR, as example.

We have a Youtube video that will release on the opening day of SHOT which we will post up here.

Product Link.

Availability is March/April.

More details to come.

Preston

@wigwamitus

Last edited:
So this product is equivalent to the latest and recently announced RAPTAR model from Wilcox?

Reactions: rlsmith1
Seems to be, but I don’t see any info on changing illuminator beam size. The Wilcox has a rolling mechanism on the side of the unit.

Flood is not really critical for long range but it’s nice to have.

Yes, it's an adjustable beam divergence, 1-6 degrees. Very handy to ensure you're optimizing IR to avoid target washout.

Yes, competitive to the Raptar XE, but GA for commercial sales.

Last edited:
Reactions: DL32
MAKE FULL POWER NORMAL AGAIN! Fuuuuuuuuck. So tired of neutered lasers and IR devices because of the FDA. How the fuck does the FDA regulate these? Our “laws” are so bad.

While I get what you’re saying,

These are about as neutered as a MAWL-C1+. But adjustable beam. Best I got for you with comparisons.

Oh I k ow. They are still quite capable. I’m just over the full power low power thing. It’s literally retarded.
Unpopular opinion: The average idiot shouldn’t own high power infrared devices due to the risk they pose to other people around them.

Reactions: avidflyer
I’m coming at these units as a noob.

What exactly do full-power mil units do that civy units cannot? And what are their dangers to others?

I am not asking this in a snarky way.

Reactions: nikonNUT

What exactly do full-power mil units do that civy units cannot? And what are their dangers to others?

More powerful to designate and illuminate further out, rendering them not eye safe. Impromptu invisible LASIK is the best case, blindness the worst.

So in the case of danger... Think DIY Lasix without knowing it.

As for full power VSCEL IR illuminators. I have no idea.

Last edited:
How much further out vs. civy models? Generally.

And thx for the responses.
You can call in CAS and paint a target over a mile away with a full power model...that's how far. PEO Soldier's documentation on the PEQ-15 states the effective range of low power is 600M and high power is 2000M.

You can call in CAS and paint a target over a mile away with a full power model...that's how far. PEO Soldier's documentation on the PEQ-15 states the effective range of low power is 600M and high power is 2000M.
Ok, cool. Thx man.

Amature numbers! How do I mount an IZLID Ultra on my .22 so I can just burn a hole through the critter! :LOL:

Soldier Systems just announced Envision's latest product offering available to the commercial market place -- MARSc. Strictly Offensive Kit is excited to finally be able to talk about publicly since it's been in development & testing as long or longer than the MARS-Lc.

MARSc, like MARS-Lc, includes onboard ballistics, a 1550nm LRF, environmental sensors, etc., but now also incorporates a VCSEL NIR Illuminator & Laser. The Illuminator has a cleverly positioned NIR adjustment lever which takes minimal adjustment to dial the beam divergence.

Similar to what end-users experience with the MAWL-C1+, this unit provides a CLEAN edge-to-edge NIR illumination that can support extended range capability for end-users running I2 Clip-Ons such as the PVS-30, -27, or M2124-LR, as example.

We have a Youtube video that will release on the opening day of SHOT which we will post up here.

Product Link.

Availability is March/April.

More details to come.

Preston

@wigwamitus
Would you know how many Vcsel’s are used in the array? I believe the MAWL uses 7. Thank you.

My eyeballs > your right to give me lasik
Trust me I get it. My eyes are my life blood. But you know that is the exact logic the protectionists use when trying to pass things like universal background checks and other forms of control. I don’t go to just any public range to shoot because my life > your second amendment but I also don’t support gun control.

My eyeballs > your right to give me lasik

Don't be concerned about eye damage, all full power units come with these helpful warning stickers:

1705822724481.jpeg

osha-laser-sign-ore-33018_1000.jpg

On a more serious note, a friend likes to use a 1 watt laser to blind rats that walk the fence near his chicken coop. It's scary how fast it messes them up, and yes, he wears protective goggles while doing so.

Don't be concerned about eye damage, all full power units come with these helpful warning stickers:

View attachment 8328701

View attachment 8328703

On a more serious note, a friend likes to use a 1 watt laser to blind rats that walk the fence near his chicken coop. It's scary how fast it messes them up, and yes, he wears protective goggles while doing so.
Your friend might be a psychopath

Your friend might be a psychopath

Usually the rats end up getting very disoriented after getting hit with the laser and then fall off the fence where his dog picks them up and shakes them to death.

He's usually sitting in a lawn chair sipping a beer while doing this.

So yes, the thought had occurred to me... Lol

For real tho, what that illuminator thang do?

Need more color from you,

It's like taking a PEQ and packaging it in the MARS without changing the MARS form factor. If you have IR laser or illuminator needs, it's the ticket.

The way that I look at it, if the moon is >35% or it's overcast, you will need an Illuminator for clip-ons. If it's <35% up to a full moon, you probably don't need an illuminator anyways.

The IR laser aspect is useful in any-moon to call out targets for your buddies with i2 devices, or for shorter range shooting that would otherwise be done with a PEQ.

Packing IR into the MARS reduces redundancy and streamlines the overall capabilities.

If you or your buddies aren't using i2 (night vision), there is likley no need for MARSc. MARS-Lc would be the ticket.

For reference, there is 77% moon in this video which I would't use the IR Illum for. However, IR laser works great.

Last edited:
I’d just like to see these integrated units with separate adjustments for the illuminator. Preferably finger adjustable like a la5.

For my use cases at least, if I’m going to need the tighter beam it’s going to be at extended range where my poa is 3,4 and 5 mils below my 100yd zero, which is where the illuminator is shining on these slaved units….

After the cr2 low light precision class I saw how well a buddy/spotter running illumination offset from the shooter works but that’s just not available very often.

I’d just like to see these integrated units with separate adjustments for the illuminator. Preferably finger adjustable like a la5.

For my use cases at least, if I’m going to need the tighter beam it’s going to be at extended range where my poa is 3,4 and 5 mils below my 100yd zero, which is where the illuminator is shining on these slaved units….

After the cr2 low light precision class I saw how well a buddy/spotter running illumination offset from the shooter works but that’s just not available very often.
I'm running an ELIR 3 and typically zero that so my crosshairs are in the top 1/3 of the beam anyway for exactly that reason. Personally, I'd. prefer keeping everything slaved as that keeps things simple

I'm running an ELIR 3 and typically zero that so my crosshairs are in the top 1/3 of the beam anyway for exactly that reason. Personally, I'd. prefer keeping everything slaved as that keeps things simple
I have one of those also. It works well when observing but that’s about it. The one that I have has a VERY clean food that is neck and neck with a la5 for power. Unfortunately the zero wobbles when you change divergence or even touch the bezel, it blinks off under recoil, it shifts zero under recoil, and it’s just more crap hanging off the gun to add weight and snag.

I have one of those also. It works well when observing but that’s about it. The one that I have has a VERY clean food that is neck and neck with a la5 for power. Unfortunately the zero wobbles when you change divergence or even touch the bezel, it blinks off under recoil, it shifts zero under recoil, and it’s just more crap hanging off the gun to add weight and snag.
Yeah for $300 it isn't bad but I'd love to combine everything into one unit. Like this one!

I've been messing with this thing for about a week. Rangefinder is awesome, onboard dope uploaded from kestrel = awesome, I even like the little led cant indicator. The wind update not switching based on DOF isn't that bothersome for me as it's easy enough to tap and hold the forward button, select the wind menu and update it manually. Where I shoot at any real distance has about 120 degrees of fire so it is helpful to do this on the big changes and even using a kestrel you need to massage the numbers to have any luck because the wind where you are is not the same as the wind down the hill through the valley and all that. Many times the wind at the firing position will read one way and the wind you end up holding will be in the exact opposite and at half or double the speed, so that's fun. Got ranges VERY quickly from 412yd to 1042yd today in speed mode on best setting. The only gripe I have is the IR illuminator. It's very nice to be able to adjust the flood down so tight but, past 300-400 yards (dependent on moonlight) it is pretty weak compared to an NGAL or FP RAIDxe. Using a CNVD-LR. I know those are full power lasers but the pointer is fine on this thing, just wish the illuminator had some more oomph. I wonder if it's possible to leave the VIS and IR lasers where they are to remain compliant but have the illuminator only bumped up a bit? Maybe a future update? I can only hope. Now, having said all that, the only actual thing I've shot with it was a raccoon at 132 yards and the illuminator was plenty effective at that distance but, I'd like to have more power for hitting steel targets further away. Even still this unit is rad and I've only been using it for a week. Thanks SOK for changing my order mid stream from the lc to the c right after it was announced!

Last edited:
It is more features. And if used for hunting hogs or whatever that gives user more options/flexibility.

But isn't the entire point of the super expensive (mainly due to the [detector] required) 1550nm tech 'complete darkness?' 1550 is more finicky to water in the medium BUT because of its much better [eye safety factor], the intensity can be ever increased to make up for it - whereas 905 is not/can not.

So why would anybody want a 1550 with IR laser/flood (since the IR is obviously visible with most any gen of NVD) - other than $ isn't an issue?

Id think a 905 with all the IR/flood would be what [hunters] would rather pay for...
--------
what am I missing; other than Envision wants to make its investment money back before introducing a new product line?

I use it in the daytime too, works really well. The rangefinder/onboard weather station and all the profiles swapping over from the kestrel are very cool. Haven't used it on a rainy day yet but I'll remember to post about it after I do. Taking it out again tomorrow night, mid-rangeish stuff 550 yd or so, should be fun. Yeah they are expensive, I don't know what the business plans are but with all the options in this space out there right now there is something for everyone. If vortex puts one out with some IR functionality I bet they'd sell a shit ton of them.

It is more features. And if used for hunting hogs or whatever that gives user more options/flexibility.

But isn't the entire point of the super expensive (mainly due to the [detector] required) 1550nm tech 'complete darkness?' 1550 is more finicky to water in the medium BUT because of its much better [eye safety factor], the intensity can be ever increased to make up for it - whereas 905 is not/can not.

So why would anybody want a 1550 with IR laser/flood (since the IR is obviously visible with most any gen of NVD) - other than $ isn't an issue?

Id think a 905 with all the IR/flood would be what [hunters] would rather pay for...
--------
what am I missing; other than Envision wants to make its investment money back before introducing a new product line?

1550nm lasers have more consistent returns on non-reflective targets than a 905nm. Aside from SWIR v NIR or IR, that’s the primary benefit.

Also.. demand centers for MARS at scale want 1550nm. Hunters would be good to go with 905nm, where a two legged threat is unlikely.