• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing 10/22 trigger job

chama

Private
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2005
Kansa
Hello, is there anybody that could direct me on what I would need to do lighten the trigger pull on my Ruger 10/22. I don't want to do anything right now that would mess it up or make it unsafe. Maybe at last resort is there a competent gunsmith that I could just send it in to. Thanks for any help.

Send it to Randy at CPC for a full tune, great ROI for $206 shipped. He will fix the issues with the bolt and trigger pack and may even improve barrel accuracy. I didn't see any accuracy increase but the mods to the bolt and trigger were worth it. Factory ruger barrel lottery. http://www.ct-precision.com/ruger10-22.html

The factore BX is good for the money... I have seen Jerks buy the BX, place the factory trigger in the BX box and resell on ebay....

It's fraud... but it happens....

That's why I do as little as possible on ebay.

Send the trigger group to Clarks Custom Guns in Princeton La. Great work very reasonable price.

Something I came up with over a decade ago. Not sure if it works on the newer trigger groups

This section has a lot of great info as well.

Send it to Randy at CPC for a full tune, great ROI for $206 shipped.

Granted it’s been a few years but, I had Randy do just the triggers on a few 10/22 metal trigger groups and they came out really nice. Right around 2# pulls. I feel like it was $75-ish (can’t recall exactly).

Did the KIDD $105 drop-in on my daughters’ plastic trigger group and it was surprisingly really nice & crisp.

I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend either option.

Last edited:
I have a whole bunch of 10/22's, every one has a Brimstone trigger job.
They have a money back guarantee